Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Tornado Alley Cobra Club (Eastern Oklahoma)

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 02-20-2009, 12:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     
Default It's 69° is anyone going cruising this afternoon?

I am on my way out the door to pick up a little race fuel and get my Cobra out for awhile. I plan on smoking the tires at least once before I get into the city limits just to remind myself what a real car is suposed to be.

Since we don't live on the Fla or Ca Coast we have to take advantage of these days when we can.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 02-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 289 c.i. with a T-5 "Living the Cobra Experience"
Not Ranked     

Wish I could, got another committment tonight, I hope to have it out Sunday afternoon.

Looks like a few of us will be going to the IHOP in Owasso March 14th. around 5:30 to get the cruise-in thing started up again. I hope the weather's nice.

"Living the Cobra Experience"
Old 02-20-2009, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Roush 427
Not Ranked     

Clois, If I was a little closer I would have been happy to burn some rubber today. My Cobra was on the road today, Jim Woodard drove it to TMS today so I could clean out my garage tomorow. Spring cleaning, db
Texas Motor Speedway
Old 02-20-2009, 04:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

wasn't quite 60 here in paola, but i did attempt to burn rubber, mostly spun tire.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1374 with 392 RDI Stroker
Not Ranked     

Clois, was about 68 and sunny in Houston today. I myself removed a little of my rear tread. Great weather for these cars without sweating your ball$ off??

Mark
Old 02-20-2009, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK III,462 FE/TKO 600, IRS w/3.27
Not Ranked     

Hey Clois,

I was out on the bike today enjoying the weather, since the car isn't together yet. The wife said she saw a solid white Cobra on her way home today, around the construction on Kenosha. Anyone you know?

take care,
Joe

FFR#6143 Mk III: FE 462" w/four 48 IDA Weber's w/TKO 600 .82, IRS w/3.27, 17" Team III's w/245/45's & 315/35's. Gas N's.

Picked it up end of Aug '08
First start May 12, '10
First go kart May 26, '10
Tag & title 5-26-11, driving in gel coat
Painted Nov 2015

'05 Harley Wide Glide (60 hp stock, now 107 hp & 107 ft/lbs at wheel. Mid 11's in the 1/4 mi.)
'55 Bel Air hot rod project (WIP)
Old 02-20-2009, 07:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have seen the white Cobra before but I don't know who it belongs to. There is also a new Red/White Cobra we have seen lately but we haven't connected yet.

Randy, no promises but I will try and make it on the 14th maybe I could go and visit my brother while I was in Owasso. I didn't get very far because Phil has closed his speed shop in BA and I only had about 5 gals of race fuel (can't use the pump stuff-detonation). Did manage to go about 30 miles before returning home.

I am ready for spring and all the good (and bad) things that goes with the the warmer days. Got a squeek somewhere that has to be delt with before I take another trip. Might get to that tomorrow.

Clois
Old 02-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACobra View Post
I have seen the white Cobra before but I don't know who it belongs to. There is also a new Red/White Cobra we have seen lately but we haven't connected yet.

Randy, no promises but I will try and make it on the 14th maybe I could go and visit my brother while I was in Owasso. I didn't get very far because Phil has closed his speed shop in BA and I only had about 5 gals of race fuel (can't use the pump stuff-detonation). Did manage to go about 30 miles before returning home.

I am ready for spring and all the good (and bad) things that goes with the the warmer days. Got a squeek somewhere that has to be delt with before I take another trip. Might get to that tomorrow.

Clois
Clois,

Phil's shop closed for good or did you just get there too late? Well, 30 miles is better than nothing.

No sweat, if you can make IHOP good, if not, maybe next time.

Chris & I had our Cobra's out two Saturday's ago, he would like to get some of us together & go to Hallett for an afternoon, I guess you can take your car on the track for five 15 minutes sessions for a certain price? Not a timed event, just to go out on the track & have some fun. You probably know what I'm talking about.

Man, how many screen names do you have???

Old 02-23-2009, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch building frame,FFR Mkll body ,302w, and T5 trans, 3.0 rear.
Not Ranked     

Hey guys I'd love to take the Merc out but I can't get the garage door open, there's 2 ft of snow in front of it. Cruzin on March 14 th? we'll still have snow higher then a Cobras hood, hope you'all enjoy the cruise, I'll just put another log in the stove and go back to work on the Cobra.

Carl
1963 Mercury Monterey 460+ .060 .//Cobra clone, Scratch build frame /302/ T-5 WC / 3.00-9in/FFR mkll body (Broken but repairable) /91 Lincoln Wire Wheels // : N.S.M.C Charter/Life Member// Die Hard Blue Oval Nut

The finish is better than the beginning. Ecc7:8
Old 02-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Carl, time you move down this way, isn't it? Get away from that nasty white stuff!

The way the weather changes so fast here in Oklahoma, you never know, it may be snowing here on the 14th.

Stay warm buddy!

Old 02-24-2009, 04:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

juggernaut, i have an uncle with last name of politte lives in claremore, i think north of town, know him?
Old 02-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector1 View Post
juggernaut, i have an uncle with last name of politte lives in claremore, i think north of town, know him?
Can't say that I do know him but if he likes to go to car shows around here & ever comes across a green Cobra with white stripes, tell him to say "hi".

And if you're ever down here visiting him, drop me a line.

Randy

Old 02-27-2009, 02:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadsters, 306 SBF
Not Ranked     
Default Moving to Lawton

My wife and I are moving to Lawton at the end of March. Are there any other Cobras in the area, activities etc.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 351w, T5
Not Ranked     

Not really all that close, I live in ADA, Oklahoma and hope to be attending a few local car shows this spring. When you get settled in let us know and maybe we can get together and talk Cobra.
I'm just finishing up mine and enjoying it more every time I take it out.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadsters, 306 SBF
Not Ranked     
Default Contact when we are settled

I will contact you when we are settled. I finished mine in December all but the final body work nd paint. I am having a couple of motor issues. I have put a couple of thousand miles on so far. Will paint once I have the motor resolved. Looking forward to some Cobra talk.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by csingletary01 View Post
I will contact you when we are settled. I finished mine in December all but the final body work nd paint. I am having a couple of motor issues. I have put a couple of thousand miles on so far. Will paint once I have the motor resolved. Looking forward to some Cobra talk.
csingletary01 - we, (the Tulsa area Cobra folks) are a little ways from Lawton, but be sure to let us know when you're settled in.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

csingletarh01

We are about four hours from you but there are a few Cobra's in the Wichita Falls Texas area you may find more convenient to cruise with but by all means try and make the Shelby meet here in Tulsa the week of June 24th thru 28th. Virtually anything you will want or need for your Cobra or Ford will be here. Plus at least 2000 cars and probably 50,000 spectators. Go to this site for more information:

www.midamericafordteamshelby.com

or if you're into putting your cobra on the track check out the Hallett.com web site.

By all means enjoy your ride!

Clois Harlan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: