Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Western States Cobra Group (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/western-states-cobra-group/)
-   -   WSCB 2006 Caravan Communications (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/western-states-cobra-group/67857-wscb-2006-caravan-communications.html)

decooney 03-17-2006 08:44 AM

WSCB 2006 Caravan Communications

This thread was lost after the last restore of ClubCobra. Reposting.
------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are headed to the Western States Cobra Bash in Sparks Nevada May 18-21st, and want to let others know you are interested in meeting up to caravan, feel free to post here. Many people met up this way the first year. There are a few posts in the main thread too. Good Luck, DC :)

Example:
-Departing from what state/city...?
-On what day/date...?
-Around what time of day...?
Or, a group is meeting up departing from... at ..., etc.

4pipes 03-17-2006 05:11 PM

Drive to WSCB

Ok, here we go again. We'll be meeting up with the Bay Area folks at the truck scales in Walnut Creek (I forgot the exit, please repost) at 10:00am on Thursday, May 18th.

Dave.

cindrrrr 03-17-2006 07:12 PM

central valley

cindy & Cheyenne in car, Charlie in support truck 99n to I80 to Reno/sparks on Thursday am. :D

cindrrrr 03-17-2006 07:14 PM

forgot to add....John we meeting you in Modesto? and is Rick going too?

dlang14 03-20-2006 09:02 AM

Any Bay Area folks headed up on Friday morning? I can't get out of work on Thursday so the wife and I will leave Friday am. Would love to caravan if anyone else is headed up that day.

jmarsey 03-20-2006 09:59 AM

Leaving early Thursday morning I80 all the way.

John

scootter 03-20-2006 10:30 AM

My wife and I will be meeting with the group in Walnut Creek at the truck scales. I think it is Treat Blvd. So far I think it is Dave, Bill M., Greg, Us, and I know I am forgetting someone.
Scott

cobrasnake 03-22-2006 10:30 AM

Walnut Creek 10 AM Thursday

Scott - that would at least be me!

I believe Ed will also be joining us.

Tom B

John S Peterson 03-23-2006 09:31 PM

cindrrr.....Not sure about Rick stilll.......I had planned to come up on Friday with Rick.....If he decides not to come (he will) I could leave on Thursday, just have to find a room, as I just reserved one for Fri and Sat nite. Will keep you posted.

John

cindrrrr 03-24-2006 10:20 AM

Hi John
I am going up on Thursday so I can do the track day Friday. If you guys come up Friday, then at least we can have an UNeventful drive home on Sunday. Lets stay in touch as it gets closer, hell it IS getting closer......I cant imagine Rick not going....you listening Mr Parker???????

Nor Cal Al 03-24-2006 12:29 PM

Al & Kathy out of Grass Valley early Fri morning up Hwy 20 to Hwy 80. Expect others to join.

breadcrumb 03-25-2006 07:17 PM

Hi,

Karin and myself will leave on Friday May 19, at around noon from El Dorado Hills and will go up Hwy 50 to South Lake Tahoe to Carson City and into Reno, just like last year. Beautiful three hour drive with a little stop!
Anybody who want's to join let us know.

Uwe

pgermond 03-25-2006 08:01 PM

Uwe,

We are leaving Thursday - otherwise we would join you. It's a beautiful drive up 50 to Tahoe and over Mt. Rose to Reno.

Phil

Twallerich 04-02-2006 09:30 AM

Bay Area FRIDAY departures

Ten AM we'll be gathering any cars leaving the Bay Area on Friday at this location. Go to:

http://www.auroracobra.org/bashtrip.html

-Tom Wallerich, Aurora #110

CaliCobra 04-02-2006 09:40 AM

I'd like to join the "Truck scale Caravan" but I also have a support SUV (wife & 10 mo. old son) coming along. Will that hold you guys up?

-Gio

4pipes 04-02-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliCobra
I'd like to join the "Truck scale Caravan" but I also have a support SUV (wife & 10 mo. old son) coming along. Will that hold you guys up?

-Gio

My wife is "chasing" me up with her Prius, so you won't be the only one holding back a little.:LOL:

Zoom This 04-03-2006 10:13 AM

Good to have a "support van" along Chris. We're meeting at 10 am Thursday at the Treat Blvd truck scales. I'm sure we're all gonna be driving normal speeds on the way. Is it safe to assume that you will be driving the Cobra and your wife and son in the van?

CaliCobra 04-03-2006 11:43 AM

Actually, I figured I'd introduce my 10 mo. old son to the joys of Cobra Ownership, and let him drive.....:D

Yes, My wife and son will be following up in the SUV.

BTW, what "essentials" are suggested when driving long distances...(i.e. should I bring my tool chest, replacement belts, a spare 429 Big Block!?:eek: )

Zoom This 04-03-2006 12:44 PM

I always carry a set of tools, a flat tire repair kit, air pump, flashlight, rag, hand cleaner etc., extra fan belt, lead hammer, safety wire, cap and rotor, electrical tape, spare fuel pump. You never know where you're gonna be, where you get towed to, or what parts are available when ya get there. Make sure to bring "stuff" to detail and clean up your car when you get there. Gotta look good for Saturday night!!

Twallerich 04-04-2006 01:22 PM

Friday caravan...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlang14
Any Bay Area folks headed up on Friday morning? I can't get out of work on Thursday so the wife and I will leave Friday am. Would love to caravan if anyone else is headed up that day.

I'm heading up from Marin on Friday morning. We could meet up in North Vallejo - go to

http://www.auroracobra.org/bashtrip.html

-Tom Wallerich:cool: