24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default First of the month Meetings Change

Please note***
This was one of the things that was voted on and unanimously passed at the club picnic meeting.

The monthly meeting will now be held on SATURDAY!
So the first Saturday of the month we wil be getting together.

Since two of the directors live on oppisite sides of the state they decided
Schaumburg would be a possible local.

SO the next meeting will be on Saturday September 1st @ 8:30 a.m
The restaurant will be disclosed shortly so stay tuned!

Yes I realize it is the holiday weekend... this is a test to see how this goes.
The aim here is to have a spot picked out we go to every 1st Saturday of the month.
That way everyone where it is and when.
If you show Great! If not catch ya next month!!!!!!

The older I get, the faster I was........

So now I'm so fast apparently I appear to be standing still.

Last edited by snake oil; 08-12-2012 at 07:28 PM..
Old 08-13-2012, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #253 Silver/Black 358 Windsor
Not Ranked     

I've found Maxfields Pancake and Waffle House at 700 E Schaumburg Rd (@ Trails Dr). Opens at 6am, has private parking lot, and 4 of 5 stars on Yelp. Or there's Old Bridge Cafe at 1935 W Golf Rd (@ Walnut). Opens at 6:30, has private parking lot, and 4 of 5 stars on Yelp. Both have the standard range of choices - oatmeal, fruit, eggs, skillets, omelets, pancakes, waffles, etc.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley Cobra Kit -428 Fe Built by Clayton Racing Engines
Not Ranked     
Unhappy Meeting on Saturday

Questions about this vote , It was held on Saturday with half the members not in attendance and changed by those present ? Right ! Think that the other members would not want to be heard ? What about we place an E-mail to all 80 plus members for a vote. The lack of forethought is glaring here.
I would point out that we have not heard or held nothing this year , what happen ? We can do better . Two trips to Hooters is all I heard about .
Old 08-15-2012, 07:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley Cobra Kit -428 Fe Built by Clayton Racing Engines
Not Ranked     
Smile Saturday

Lets look at having an e-mail to everyone sent out not the: Conclusion; if you where not there you do not get to vote . Thank you very much. You have had three breakfasts on the clubs tab and all have been on a Saturdays and the same people attend r the same people can not attend. Its all in how you look at things. But when you start making assumptions :then acting on them who was not there is not important; what happen and how it was done IS . As to the idea more people will attend on Saturdays this is not the case . The largest attendance has always been Sundays . The biggest car shows in the area is held on Sundays not Saturdays . Why ? Lets be fair , an inclusive , I have had a number of phone calls about this and they where ALL along the lines of I FEEL THE SAME WHAY ) why ? And I,m a more resent member and I -------- ect. ect. We must address the this . Seniority means nothing to new members , they would like to feel included and welcome an feel just as much a member as anyone else. I believe the directors should be ambassadors to new or resent members and see to it they do not sit alone and not even introduced. The old glee club quickly becomes evident to them . You know this is true and I have heard it over and over again. And holding votes with a few is not improving this believe. We can and should do better. Senior members you do not own the Windy City Cobra Club , there I said it .
Old 08-15-2012, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1454
Not Ranked     

I don't get to participate too often these days, but when I do I never feel unwelcome. This years picnic was the first I have made in probably 5 years and there wasn't anybody that made my family or myself feel uncomfortable.

I don't think it's fair to blast the guys that have kept this club going. These guys have put a lot of time and effort into creating events. There have been some great drives, breakfasts, Thursday evening get togethers, etc. Like it has been said before. This is everybody's club. Anybody can post or e-mail an event, set up a drive, host a garage crawl, etc.

I have met newer members and enjoyed their newfound excitement with their cars and the club. It would be nice for everybody to try and make an effort to post an idea or set up a get together. We can't blame the directors for the club members participation. Many club members have had their cars for a long time now. The newness could have worn off.

Lets not be shy. Post a cruise night, drive in the country or city, car show, overnight trip, racing event, etc.

This is suppose to be fun. Nobody wants to be stressed out during their free time.