Did Sid lose any parts along the road?

Jerry
Old 06-24-2006, 08:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B w/FRPP 347ci 450HP Crate
Send a message via AIM to OhBuoy
Not Ranked     

I myself did not make it. We sat on I-80 for about 1 1/2 hours. Grabbed lunch at the Oasis, and Maggie was having false contractions. She was so uncomfortable, I could not take it, and turned around just after Merilville. Starting to plan for next year already. We need a snake and eggs when everyone gets back!

Tom
Old 06-24-2006, 08:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison LS1
Not Ranked     

Tom

Sorry to hear about the turnaround--

Did you get your engine issues resolved?

Jerry
Old 06-25-2006, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Late 70s Allied Industries?? 454 BBC; alum copo heads and intake THM 400 12 bolt posi ++ 06 CL 55 AMG
Not Ranked     

Ohbouy -- you couldn't take it???? Our prayers are with Maggie. PS -- you should not put the baby in the trunk to attend next year -social services will not understand your zeal to attend the LCS without a car seat. Oh -- if the car is Maggie - good luck on the repairs.

Last edited by WV66AC; 06-25-2006 at 04:20 PM..
Old 06-25-2006, 04:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B w/FRPP 347ci 450HP Crate
Send a message via AIM to OhBuoy
Not Ranked     

Jerry, I got a last minute call from Blas about the Dyno day at Dan's shop in Indiana. It worked out pretty good, and I am running. Still want to swing by your shop one day when out by the father in laws. There will always be some work to do on my car, so you can expect future busines.

WV66AC, I could not take seeing her so uncomfortable. She wanted to continue on, but I just could not. The stars were not lining up for this year, and this was just one more sign. All was back to normal when we got home. We had our 7 year old in the tow vehicle as well, so there would be an extra seat for the baby next year, but we need to get to that point. Your prayers are very much appreciated and MUCH needed. The lord has a plan for us and this baby, and we are not quite sure what it is at this point. Life, which seemed to accelerate to an unbelievable pace with our first child has slowed to one day at a time.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Late 70s Allied Industries?? 454 BBC; alum copo heads and intake THM 400 12 bolt posi ++ 06 CL 55 AMG
Not Ranked     

Regards to you and your family. Hopefully, things will remain "normal" as possible for all concerned.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ACE, 351W, 3550 Tremec, Raging(?) Red W/ White Stripe.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up We Are Waiting A Word From The Wet!

Come on, guys, don't keep us in suspense! Let's hear from the REAL men, the ones who got their butts soaked on Route 70.
It was pretty bad sitting in the back seat of Laura's truck with Mark cautiously navigating through a couple of ferociously blinding downpours.
We have to get some stories from the underwater Cobra divers, I mean drivers. PLEASE!!!
Ralph
Old 06-27-2006, 05:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 5013 - Warmed up & enlarged 302, carb- Painted RED
Not Ranked     

I proved that occassionally I make the right call, as I was in the Avalanche during the rain, Cal wanted to drive for a while !!! We only had one deluge, managed to just miss the rest.

Michael
Old 06-27-2006, 11:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #177 Carbed Ford Small Block
Not Ranked     

Tom, your family is in all our thoughts.

Mark and Ralph made it. Bob may have drank too much, but it was not a problem. Ralph on the other hand was a different story. I was behind Sid on the way up and did not see any parts lying around as I came thru. I think some cars must have knocked them off the road by the time I got there and actually I did see a large truck into a deep ditch. Could have been road debris flat.

The cruise down Thursday morning was pretty smooth and decent weather. Wanted to stop at the air museum, but didn't want to temp the rain. Need a truck and trailer!

Lots of rain until Friday late afternoon (need a truck and trailer) but was able to make it to Steak and Lube. Lots of cool stuff and fixed another car. Great evening hanging out with friends and drinks. I pulled a little practical joke on Blas with some cans under his car. No harm done, just having a little fun.

Saturday ALL DAY was outstanding weather with Cobras everywhere, caravanned into London, outstanding event in a picturesque town and was well organized. Awesome job to OCC and a great bunch of guys. Missed Hocking Hills, was really bummed about that, due to a blown clutch (need a truck and trailer) and was kind of bummed about that also.

Sunday started out beautiful but by the time we hit Indy that had all changed. Driving Kelly’s Cobra because mine was in his trailer (need a truck and trailer) we hit all kinds of rain and finally made it home at 10:00 wet, cold, tired and hungry. Now here is a guy that just finished his car 3 weeks ago and would not drive to a car show until all of the puddles had dried. Now I am essentially driving it thru a car was with no top. Not only that, it was obvious I could not see very well with all that rain on the windshield. When we got home my nerves were shot and I can only imagine how his were! Also, thanks to Arcy for offering his trailer, which meant I would have driven his car home. Need a truck and trailer.

Can’t wait to see what next years adventure to London will bring. Hocking Hills, Air Force Museum, Autocross and maybe even Mid Ohio which all got missed this year. Thanks again to the great guys that put on this years event! I understand it was run by 14 guys…wow. Now that’s a huge…huge effort….looked more like it was run by professional event planners than a little more than a dozen fun loving nuts that have a passion for Cobras and helping others. Hats off to you guys at OCC!
Old 06-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

Jeff, I am getting the fealing that you need a truck and trailer Or just get a soft top, a few mods and a towel and it does not work so bad.

Thanks everyone for the thanks! I actually do it because I get three free staff shirts every year.

My motto for '07... no hour plus line for food in '07! We will have to get a full service caterer or something. It took so bloody long for everyone to get some thing to eat that started off everything late and put us behind we it came to draw the winning ticket Heck, I wanted to know if there was going to be a second Cobra in the garage!

Glad to hear everyone made it safe!

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-27-2006, 02:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 396 long block, PROBE Forged Dished pistons 8.75 to 1 and Vic Jr. heads from Engine Factory. Tremec TKO. BDR#244 Sterling Gray/Silver stripes. 17in polished wheels, glove box and tonneau cover.
Not Ranked     

3 cheers to OCC!!! They did another fine job! I had a blast going down Main Street and the autocross! (I popped my autocross cherry in OH!)

I got video footage to share. just need to get them off my camera and on a website and make some CDs. Does anybody know who in OH to send the cd of pics and video too? And Since I'm a moron I forgot to get the guys card that is making the Mid Ohio DVD. J.A. Where are you? How is the Wild Turkey treatin ya? LOL!

Sid
Old 06-28-2006, 06:26 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by got snake?
3 cheers to OCC!!! They did another fine job! I had a blast going down Main Street and the autocross! (I popped my autocross cherry in OH!)

I got video footage to share. just need to get them off my camera and on a website and make some CDs. Does anybody know who in OH to send the cd of pics and video too? And Since I'm a moron I forgot to get the guys card that is making the Mid Ohio DVD. J.A. Where are you? How is the Wild Turkey treatin ya? LOL!

Sid
PM or email Godzila (Steve Kump) on this site and please do so soon!
Thanks
Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-28-2006, 04:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

Had a great time...worried about my boys (Sid & Rich) getting home safe with all that rain that we ran into....By the way guys on Honda motorcycles in the rain are jerks...long story..ask me about it sometime...Those guys were lucky Alex was in the car or there would have been 2 smashed bikes outside of Indianapolis....and Mike would of replied to the police "What bikes????..it was raining so hard I didn't even see them." Cal was quite the trooper driving Mike's car in the downpour..It has not kept him from building his own soon.

Wish I had of been the 1st gal to drive down the dragstrip....but...oh well...
Old 06-28-2006, 07:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, I took the time to see what was wrong with my car. Blew the rear end out! However, I am not too upset as I have always wanted to convert to limited slip. I will have to pull it out and see what the extent of damage is, but it could have been worse as in clutch or trans. I must say the little E36 diff has taken a pretty good beating before finally letting go.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ACE, 351W, 3550 Tremec, Raging(?) Red W/ White Stripe.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffko
Well, I took the time to see what was wrong with my car. Blew the rear end out!
I TOLD YOU SO, I TOLD YOU SO!!! But, NOOOOOO, you wouldn't listen!
How many times did I ask you to jack up the rear end, Jeff?
Old 06-28-2006, 08:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, 302, Tremec 3550. #038
Not Ranked     

Jeff
How did you blow it? Auto crossing, burnouts or a combination and what symptoms did you get?
Thanks
Old 06-28-2006, 09:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I know but there was nothing I could do about it there. I searched the entire lot and there was not beemer in sight. So much for high class hotel with no balconies.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I did 3 burnouts down main street London not problem. Started a 4th (for that day at least) in front of the hotel.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B Manufacturing,351 SVO stroker from Bennett Racing
Not Ranked     

Sid:

You are forgetting that they brew that stuff here in the bluegrass state and some very nice Woodford Reserve that I hope someothers have consumed by now. We are immune to those after effects.... for the most part We are the Whiskey and Burbon capital of the world. Drink and be merry we will make more!

Be careful about popping cherries man I would love to get a group back at Mid-Ohio next year. We shall see what the cobra gods have in store for us.

J.A.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:36 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oh you bet we are going to get to that Woodford! I left it corked for a special party for the workers and their family's that we are having over at Jays house on August 6. We will un-cork it and drink a toast to all of you... those that make this event special for us

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com