Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1427
Not Ranked     
Default Riverstone today? May 19th

Anyone else (besides me) going?
Old 05-19-2007, 12:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 Contemporary 427 SC. built in 1982 before CCX serial #. has body #106. engine 351-C with 48 IDA'S 500 hp, T-56 6 speed, Halibrands k/os. Featured in KIT CAR, MOTOR SPORTS MONTHLY, AUTO X, AND SPORTS CAR. Original owner/builder
Not Ranked     

svobud,
I can't make it this month, but I will be there next month.

Don
Old 05-19-2007, 09:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I haven't been to Riverstone in a couple years ... imagine my surpise when I was charged $2 to get in. Granted, that's not enough to sneeze about, but there's not even a sign about it. So - here's a concept - I pay $2 so other people can look at my car? I don't get a .50c trophy? Seems odd to me.

There were 2 other Cobras tha showed up. Chuck and his wife (forgot her name) brought out there Dark Cherry ERA. He's an admitted lurker here. I also met the guy who's the new owner of Randy's silver Unique. He owns a hotel up in NC thats either near the Tail of Dragon - Robbinsville - if anyone is familar with that area.

Most unusal car (for me) there was a new Ford GT .. but this was GTX-1. Google it - it made it's debut at Semi in 2005. It's the GT option you get when you have more money than sense.

But I'm curious ... I was an absolutely beautiful day. Perfect weather. Where the heck are the Atlanta Club Cobra guys?
Old 05-20-2007, 03:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bud-dy - Anyone ever tell you your mouth is shaped just like your foot? The GTX1 is most likely Kirbys - an active member on CC too. I agree, it was a beautiful day.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC, Southern Automotive 427W Stroker
Not Ranked     

Bud, sounds like you got your $2 worth. I drove down to Carlisle yesterday for the annual kit car show. Mostly just hangning out with the Weavers at the Unique booth. I would like to see you guys, but 1. I have no car. and 2. I'm stuck up here in farm country. I think I'll be geting my car back soon.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Unique FIA - SA 396 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Good to hear my car found a home. I talked to the guy last week and he seemed like a real Cobra fan.

His family owns a hotel at the beginning on the Dragon and he has offered me the best room Bud if you are serious about not knowing the area check this out. http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

Took my new ride up to Brasstown Bald yesterday - what a great day. I had forgotten what the roads were like in that area - Hwy 60, 180, 11, 348, 17, 74 you can't go wrong. We drove about 350 miles about 200 of it twisties. The route from Dahlonega up Blood Mtn, Neels Gap to Brasstown was great.

I miss the open air ride of the Cobra but........ the new ride is more fun in the twisties and stupid fast.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker
Bud-dy - Anyone ever tell you your mouth is shaped just like your foot? The GTX1 is most likely Kirbys - an active member on CC too. I agree, it was a beautiful day.
No Tony, but I'm sure with your vast experience on the subject - you'd be able to offer an educated opinion on the subject.

The owner of the GTX-1 had a dealer tag on it and stated to someone standing near me he had a 'bunch' of Cobras too.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bud - takes one to know one..ehh?

That is Kirby - he has allot of cars.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427
Not Ranked     

Svobud, I was up there in the other Cobra. Did get a chance to meet Chuck and his wife. I was away from my car most of the time and when I came over you were out and about. I have never seen more than 1 or 2 Cobras up there but I have only been there three times with other cars.
Greg
Old 05-20-2007, 02:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Greg - was yours red? Someone told me there was a red one out there as well, but you musta come and gone while we were eating at O'Charleys. Guess that means there were 4 Cobra total. Cool.

Tony - takes one to know one what? Hypocrite? HA! you obviously have a corner on that market.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I now know why our little group fell apart
Old 05-20-2007, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaSnake
I now know why our little group fell apart
Yeah, ya'll sold your Cobras. Too bad y'all can't seem to find another forum to post your rhetoric.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have a life beyond the Cobra and this or any forum. I drop in occasionally to see how some good friends are getting along
Old 05-20-2007, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427
Not Ranked     

Yep, all red no stripes. I was probably only there for an hour.
Greg
Old 05-20-2007, 08:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I have a life beyond the Cobra and this or any forum. I drop in occasionally to see how some good friends are getting along
Uh huh ... seems like all you do is show up, pop off at the mouth as usual and then click the 'rolleyes' icon. Typical. Are you having sellers remorse or what?

Maybe ya'll should see if the site admin will create a new sub forum called, "former owners" or better yet ... register www.iusetobeacobraowner.com !!!
Old 05-21-2007, 01:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

“Sellers remorse”- hardly - If I did I would simply buy or build another Cobra. I have moved on to another car that I enjoy immensely and made many new friends at the same time.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
“Sellers remorse”- hardly - If I did I would simply buy or build another Cobra. I have moved on to another car that I enjoy immensely and made many new friends at the same time.
Yeah, I can tell ...
Old 05-22-2007, 06:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bud you just don’t get it. I contributed to this thread to share information and see what my friends were up to. You followed your well known form and showed your ass.

This forum does not require ownership of a Cobra (replica or real). It was never about the cars but rather the people. We had a common bond that runs far deeper than the cars. We care about each other and enjoy spending time together (which we do without your whiny butt). How many times have you organized a get together only to have two or three join you – do you see the pattern?

When you first appeared on this forum I went out of my way to extend invitations for you to join use. To date I cannot remember you uttering one word in my direction. What you have done is complain about the “North Fulton Boys” planning everything that was convenient for us and not you. Best I can tell you resent the presence of the “North Fulton Boys” – perhaps you have a deep seeded problem with achievers. I find it very telling that you have alienated almost everyone that extended a warm welcome in your direction. Check it out – I saved you the trouble of searching

new owner here

Have you always been a whiner or is that something you recently acquired? .
Old 05-22-2007, 09:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mr. dumas - you sure can heap on the BS, huh? Nothing but a typical internet tough guy. You like to spout big talk on the internet, but when we're face to face .... you're a quiet as a church mouse. That's the only 'pattern' I see - other than the fact you never came out to any group rides when you had a Cobra.

"North Fulton Boys" ?!?!? WTF? Seriously - get some therapy. Unless you mean that's what ya'll call the group of cobra owners in Alpharetta who cant drive for more than 30 minutes on a Sunday ...

I alienated everyone in that 4 yr old thread? YOU went out of your way? Holy shiot - how hard is it to click a mouse and say 'welcome'?... ya dumas. Let's see ... how many people in that thread (besides ME) actually own a Cobra? Did my award winning personality cause them to sell their cars too?

My buddy Randy ... he went out of he way to welcome me. He is the leader of this club. He organizes and operates everything. Only problem is, he never shows up - but his merry clan known as the "North Fulton Boys" showed me around this fine State so many times that I shoud be grovelin at Randy feet ....

Dont worry Randy ... I wont poke fun at you for wearing dresses any more.

Quote:
Still doesn't appear that way - does it?

Last edited by svobud; 05-22-2007 at 09:17 PM..
Old 05-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Bud,

I find it interesting that you changed 4 year old posts of yours on the welcome thread Randy linked. Maybe when you re-read your old posts there must have been some regret perhaps. I hope you find the same when you re-read your posts here. Everyone had a hand out welcoming you. What we got in return is vitriol and animosity that continues to this day.

Many of the original posters welcoming you in that thread have sold their Cobras and are enjoying other cars or projects and we still enjoy each other's company to this day. I know many of us do not have seller's regret. Randy and I recently met up with Dave Crace, Clyde, Tony Hull, and others who all welcomed you in the linked thread. I recently reached out to Jason to see what he was doing as well. What a concept--creating friendships through the hobby. You instead seem intent on creating enemies. Maybe the fact hardly anyone seems to participate in your suggested events isn't because of the event or the attendees, it's YOU! Many of us have done long mountain drives or rides, met at Road Atlanta, met at other events.

Additionally, on these pages are documented exploits of law breaking during your drives. As an enforcer of the law, THAT truly shows the definition of who you are.

Good day.

Last edited by ToyCollector; 05-24-2007 at 05:42 PM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: