Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 11:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BACKDRAFT
Send a message via AIM to SKINNEDR Send a message via Skype™ to SKINNEDR
Not Ranked     
Default Question for the single guys only! And........

Please note this is not for you married men, so please look the otherway...LOL

Here is a QUESTION FOR SINGLE GUYS ONLY!, AND those that are about to become single again.

From a pickup (Chicks) standpoint, has your cobra contributed anymore with you having it? Any clean stories that you may be able to publish around your experience in picking up Chicks with it?

Dex...

Last edited by SKINNEDR; 10-29-2009 at 12:50 PM..
Old 10-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, 347 Tri-power Stroker
Not Ranked     

Actually,

From what I've observed it seems to help more married than single guys meet new women

- Dan
Old 10-29-2009, 12:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2108
Not Ranked     

Married, but...

Having a Cobra is like having a cute dog. It gives an interested woman an excuse to ask you a question to spark a conversation. Some women are put off by a hot car, for they perceive it as a womanizer's "chick-magnet". Some women don't want to ask about the car because they are reasonably sincere and don't want to come across as a gold-digger. I think for those women they'd prefer you had a cute dog.

I've had a few women ask me about my car, and chat it up. I assume they are just interested in the car, and my life stays uncomplicated.

DD

"You're kidding, right?"
Old 10-29-2009, 01:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Crendon 427 S/C 428 FE+toploader
Not Ranked     

single until 3 months ago.....

of the women i met since i split from my ex:

1 said 'f*cking hell, that is a blatant pick-up car, theres no way im getting in that'. She didnt get a ride

1 said 'i really want a ride in that car' - (she didnt get one, i dumped her in depths of winter)

1 said, after encouraging me to drive it into work, 'i cant beleive you built this' and then made an excuse about needing to drive another guy to the pub - she didnt get a ride.

1 said 'that car sounds like an aeroplane';
'i see havent got it painted yet then ?';
'all that work and it comes back on a trailerr' after being trailered home following first trip out after the paintjob.
(she didnt get a ride, i got annoyed)

the ex said 'i cant beleive you've actually finished it' - contributory factor to split. she didnt get a ride either.

1 said (current GF) 'what a beautiful car, wished i could've seen it' (she didnt get a ride, as i sold it while she was on vacation.

dunno if that helps, just my tuppence worth. i got lots more nice comments from married women for some reason.

Last edited by KevinW; 10-29-2009 at 01:09 PM..
Old 10-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Kevin, you should have bought a puppy instead.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 707, 446ci FE
Not Ranked     

Okay, I'm not single, but...

There's a speed shop in town that's been around since the 1950s. They always have sweet, busty young things working the checkout kiosk up front. In high school, we'd hang around for hours, arguing the virtues of parts we'd never be able to buy and the possible vices of the counter girls, who treated us like doorknobs.

I drove 707 there the first Sunday I had to scrounge for a few basics. The plate glass windows in front overlook the parking lot. I browsed, I found a few things, no one said anything. I was checking out and one of the sweetest checkout girls I've ever seen said, "You have a nice car." I said thanks, and that she probably saw a lot of nice cars. "Not like THAT," she replied.

Would have KILLED for an exchange like that back in the day. I just smiled and went home to the wife and family. Grinning, of course.

= Si Opus Quadratum vis, angulos praecidere noli. =
Old 10-29-2009, 01:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

Tognotti's.......a wonderful place to shop and the checkout girls are second to none.....thats why i went to American Pastimes, it kept me out of trouble(with the wife).

I had a 19ish girl that did live next door with her mom and when she saw my car for the first time after i got it put back together from paint and upholestry she offered to pose with it for pictures and i had to decline the offer for safety reasons(wife would kill me).
Old 10-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

I rarely have women attracted by the car (is it because I'm old and ugly?).

It's a guy magnet, not a girl magnet. Puppies and giant (unusual) dogs are much more effective.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     
Default Funny you should ask...

When I test drove a few Cobras last year, all of the owners said that the car was quite the chick magnet, over and over again. In SoCal, the only real chick magnets are Ferrari's and Lamborghini's.
Then, on my way home from picking up the car, I'm at my first stoplight and I hear a female voice, "Hey, you're driving my dream car". I grin, turn to see this angel with impeccable taste and what do I see? A woman waaay past her prime. Way, way past. You know the saying, "Any port in a storm"? Well, not with my vessel.
Since then, it's been more of a middle aged man magnet. Women generally don't know what the car is. They look, but have no idea what to think.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 S.O. Dual Quad / Cobra undecided
Not Ranked     

WTF??

Why designate this as a singles only thread? I've got some quality tail...I mean tales to share about babes and "cute" little sports cars but I'm hitched.

So, in keeping within the parameters designated by the starter of this thread I guess that means those fabled tails are to remain stifled and kept unto myself.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineslinger View Post
WTF??

Why designate this as a singles only thread? I've got some quality tail...I mean tales to share about babes and "cute" little sports cars but I'm hitched.

So, in keeping within the parameters designated by the starter of this thread I guess that means those fabled tails are to remain stifled and kept unto myself.
I think Dex is looking out for you

LB
Old 10-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The Cobra gets its share of attention from women but if you really want to get their attention, get a classic Corvette.

Jim
Old 10-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 S.O. Dual Quad / Cobra undecided
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
The Cobra gets its share of attention from women but if you really want to get their attention, get a classic Corvette.

Jim
Or put a baby in your shopping cart in the grocery store.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineslinger View Post
WTF??

I said singles only just in case one of you married guys out there have your wife monitoring this site don't think I'm insighting CHEATING. Just trying to cover for you married guys.... (I do not endorse that kind of activities if you are married...)

However if you have stories that you would like to share that would not get you killed by your wife, please go ahead, i did not meant to insult married men. I was married for 23 yrs up until three years ago..

Please share with us....
Dex..

PS. can you imagine one day I'm at a car show or a cruise in and I'm introduced to someones wife and then she says to me.."OH, I know about you! You are the guys that had the thread about men cheating...." I don't need that.........
I'm willing to post something on this sight that would pist off most guys and would not care, however when it comes to having women pissed off, I don't care to have that......

Last edited by SKINNEDR; 10-29-2009 at 05:57 PM..
Old 10-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINNEDR View Post
However if you have stories that you would like to share that would not get you killed by your wife, please go ahead, i did not meant to insult married men. I was married for 23 yrs up until three years ago..

Please share with us....
Dex..
Dex,

Please feel free to copy and paste this GIF image after each post...as needed.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 10-29-2009, 06:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the Bug View Post
Dex,

Should I also post it after PAUL F who said (is it because I'm old and ugly?).
Is that BS also?
Dex...
Old 10-29-2009, 06:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the Bug View Post
Dex,

What's the matter BUG MAN, don't you get any play with your cobra or is your wife watching your post?
Old 10-29-2009, 06:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 707, 446ci FE
Not Ranked     

Gosh, and I was about to pass along the one, true, knock-'em-dead move that never, ever failed me... and which I no longer need, being happily married and of an age I *sob* no longer need it... but I wouldn't want that BS detector fired off my way.

= Si Opus Quadratum vis, angulos praecidere noli. =
Old 10-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Should I also post it after PAUL F who said (is it because I'm old and ugly?).
Is that BS also?
Dex...
No, you can make and exception with that thread.

Quote:
What's the matter BUG MAN, don't you get any play with your cobra or is your wife watching your post?
I've gotten my share of smiles, waves, and winks while driving my car. I usually tell my wife when I get home, she smiles, rolls her eyes, and says something..."hey big boy, take out the garbage and my car needs to be washed."

The BS meter was sitting in my gallery forever...just seemed like the right thread for it.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it

Last edited by Got the Bug; 10-29-2009 at 07:19 PM..
Old 10-29-2009, 09:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 02345, Roush/Yates 358 Sprint Cup motor
Not Ranked     

The first day I got my car, my very good looking neighbor came over and literally started jumping up and down she was so excited. She had no idea what it was but told me it was the coolest car she had ever seen. She even called her husband over to show him.......he was not as impressed