Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SO
Not Ranked     

I'm with you, twin turbo..."I wish" the rules were different, "I wish" they did this or that, but they didn't, and I find the friendly "pissing match" between good friends VERY interesting. I plan to be there, and "woulda, shoulda, coulda" aside, it will be a great spectacle and a lot of fun. Carry on, Blitz and Tommy!

Oh, by the way, I think you guys should change the rules so that...aw, never mind.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, SB 331 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Sorry, having trouble uploading pictures.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Tommy, our fair-haired Ferrari racer, caught on video earlier this morning looking for any edge in his upcoming race with Dan.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

Tom, could not find your post on Ferrari Chat/Forum mentioning the Las Vegas event. Has there been any reaction from the Ferrari owners ?
Old 02-24-2011, 11:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham
Not Ranked     

So I had dinner with the swine(goldstein) last night and he said he had no intentions on ****ing with the computer and that he was just messing with me. Tom just proposed doing a TV show called mind over matter. It will be me betting Goldstein 100k a challenge, one event physical and one mental every two months. Since we already laid out the terms of this bet and there are too many people showing up expecting it to be as advertised we aren't gonna alter it. However for the show we are gonna do full tree, best out of 3 races and its gonna be with drag slicks and he is gonna have to shift every gear. First event the drag race and verbal debate. Second challenge would be paintball heads up and then a mental challenge. Third would be a road course race and heads up poker challenge. What do you think?
Old 02-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Tom, could not find your post on Ferrari Chat/Forum mentioning the Las Vegas event. Has there been any reaction from the Ferrari owners ?
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=312330

No traction there, it was a real yawner for the prancing-horse "enthusiasts"
Old 02-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzforce View Post
So I had dinner with the swine(goldstein) last night and he said he had no intentions on ****ing with the computer and that he was just messing with me. Tom just proposed doing a TV show called mind over matter. It will be me betting Goldstein 100k a challenge, one event physical and one mental every two months. Since we already laid out the terms of this bet and there are too many people showing up expecting it to be as advertised we aren't gonna alter it. However for the show we are gonna do full tree, best out of 3 races and its gonna be with drag slicks and he is gonna have to shift every gear. First event the drag race and verbal debate. Second challenge would be paintball heads up and then a mental challenge. Third would be a road course race and heads up poker challenge. What do you think?
G4 would pick it up for a few episodes...after that, market the sumb!tch to Speed or that HD Video channel on Dish.

An article in Maxim about this freeking race wouldn't hurt.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

If Maxim is gonna do a spread, we'll definitely need those umm...brella girls. The show is a great idea. Maybe you guys should bring some paintball gear to the track for the post race reckoning. I'll be there from the 7th - video camera ready to roll.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 02-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerworks View Post
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=312330

No traction there, it was a real yawner for the prancing-horse "enthusiasts"
Yup...everyone else thinks so too.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Love it. What venues? Around the country? Just LV?

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)
Old 02-24-2011, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 351W
Not Ranked     

blitz,
i think this is a great idea; I was ready to make a couple of those suggestions several pages ago, but didn't want to get accused of interfering with your bet.

I would love to see how old cars match up against new ones and how slight changes to equipment and such effect performance. Road course would be fantastic (I wouldn't bet too much on that one though if I were you).

If I could suggest another one, I'd like to see you guys switch cars for a race too; with no practice for Tommy G in your Cobra just to see what kind of time he would post. And then show the time of a real drag racer would post in the same car. Same with the Road Course.

Paintball? why not.

Sounds like it won't be too long before there will be a pecker measuring episode...
Old 02-24-2011, 06:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 427R
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Tom just proposed doing a TV show called mind over matter...First event the drag race and verbal debate...
Debate? Blitz, I've seen your verbal exchanges with Tom. By the time they edit out your profanities there won't be enough tape left to fill a 15 second commercial slot. I'd have to put that down as a win for Tom.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
So I had dinner with the swine(goldstein)

Well that's not kosher, is it?
Old 02-24-2011, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Sounds like an excellent idea Dan. I think it has Speed channel written all over it!

I also agree with fastd above about you guys switching cars for a run. I'd love to see Tom behind the wheel of a REAL car and see what happens when he actually has to DRIVE / SHIFT for a change!

-No offense Tommy.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastd View Post
blitz,

Sounds like it won't be too long before there will be a pecker measuring episode...
.....was there ever any doubt?

Remember this whole bet started cuz Tommy allowed that Dan's girlfriend was gonna bang Tommy because he just purchased a new Ferrari and Dan said something to the effect: ----------------------------------------- [expletive removed] and allowed his Cobra could blow the doors offa Tommy's Ferrari, thus the bet was on.

Being the case it will be up to Dan's girlfriend to tell the entire truth of who's "winkie" is bigger.

Apologies to Tommy and Dan for taking some liberties with actual events......

John,AKA, tin-man

Last edited by tin-man; 02-24-2011 at 09:18 PM..
Old 02-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

Tom.......has lane choice been decided for each of the 3 runs ?
Old 02-26-2011, 07:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ferrari 458 Italia (not quite a Cobra)
Not Ranked     

Ok, my car has been picked up, and is on its way to LV. Arriving in about a week.

Don - no lane decisions. Dan and I are going to talk about the way to arrange things so we're least likely to die.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham
Not Ranked     

Weather here has been ****, and they can't do a ****ing oil change in less than 4 days, so I havn't gotten to drive my car since i had clutch problems. Tom is sending me a G meter, and I am gonna practice on the street as soon as my car is ready. Its a fine line between getting prepared and ruining your car haha. As far as the lane issue and who goes first i think we will probably just flip a quarter, one of the times i was running drags i hit second a little too hard and it was like i snapped my fingers and my car was 5 feet over to the right in the other lane. So since our car insurance doesn't cover the drag strip and we will both be running hard i dont think we will be going side by side. If i had drag slicks and could run in a strait line it would be a little different haha
Old 02-26-2011, 03:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ferrari 458 Italia (not quite a Cobra)
Not Ranked     

Yeah, the other issue is that like an idiot I gave up time by having Blitz's girlfriend sit in my car and I'm sure she'd refuse to run side-by-side because of the prospect that Blitz will just blow into us from behind.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     
Default Way to go Tommy...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygold View Post
Yeah, the other issue is that like an idiot I gave up time by having Blitz's girlfriend sit in my car and I'm sure she'd refuse to run side-by-side because of the prospect that Blitz will just blow into us from behind.
so in addition to just pointing the Ferrari, putting your foot down and reading the paper, you now have Blitz' honey in the car as well. Wow, you da man,Tommy, you da man and that takes huge balls and a whole lot of chutzpah. So, not only are you intending to clean Blitz's clock in the race you gonna have his honey ride along, for what any reasonable person could arguably conclude, the explicit intent of experiencing why you purchased the Ferrari in the first place and thus fuelling the desire for, well, err, shall we say, post race entertainment?

Kudos Tommy, brilliant stoke of mind of mind over matter, cuz when you win, it don't matter.

Blitz, hey, I'm pullin for yer pal, so how can you let Tommy do this to you? You have pointed out on several occasions Tommy is screwing you big time on some of the terms of the race and now, its seems he is intent on, err, well, you know. Tell us you're not going to allow this to happen?

Cheers, John, AKA, tin-man

Last edited by tin-man; 02-26-2011 at 07:55 PM..