Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   I think I'm going to get back in the game... (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/109471-i-think-im-going-get-back-game.html)

blykins 03-04-2011 11:28 AM

You gotta let me pick the lobes though....

patrickt 03-04-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blykins (Post 1113714)

Agreed. And you'll be on your honor to actually put it in your engine.;)

blykins 03-04-2011 11:30 AM

Ok, that's a deal.

patrickt 03-04-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blykins (Post 1113716)
Ok, that's a deal.

When you're ready, give me the Manufacturer and Part Number that you would like and I'll have it delivered to your door.

blykins 03-04-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slithering (Post 1113635)
I new you couldn't stay away Brent! Sounds like a great build, what drive train?

Slither....

FE for the powerplant....modified Toploader for the trans.

blykins 03-04-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1113717)
When you're ready, give me the Manufacturer and Part Number that you would like and I'll have it delivered to your door.

It will be cheaper if you let me order it...LOL No use in paying retail for it. ;)

But if you want to go that route, I'll just tell you the lobe numbers and LSA and you can have at it.

RodKnock 03-04-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blykins (Post 1113714)

WHAT?

After all that diatribe in the past about solid flat tappets? You're a Benedict Arnold. That's what you are. :)

Chas, keeps the repair bills down. :p

blykins 03-04-2011 11:36 AM

It's a little different when it's my own personal engine. If it pukes, I don't have anyone standing over me with their attorney....LOL

patrickt 03-04-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blykins (Post 1113719)
But if you want to go that route, I'll just tell you the lobe numbers and LSA and you can have at it.

That's exactly what I'll do. By the fact that I have gone to that much trouble, I know you couldn't live with the guilt of not using it.:cool: Besides, I'll take a few pictures of it, post the specs, start a new thread, run up a couple of hundred more posts, irritate RodKnock with the fact that you are now running a SFT, bug Chas., etc. I view this as a worthy investment.:cool:

RodKnock 03-04-2011 11:40 AM

Do you realize how much grist for the mill this gives Patrick?

Can we get a comment from Keith Craft on this choice? My words on this topic hold no weight.

RodKnock 03-04-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1113722)
That's exactly what I'll do. By the fact that I have gone to that much trouble, I know you couldn't live with the guilt of not using it.:cool: Besides, I'll take a few pictures of it, post the specs, start a new thread, run up a couple of hundred more posts, irritate RodKnock with the fact that you are now running a SFT, bug Chas., etc. I view this as a worthy investment.:cool:

Ya see. :CRY:

Man, if I find those past posts where you and Patrick were duking it out.........:mad:

patrickt 03-04-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodKnock (Post 1113725)
Man, if I find those past posts where you and Patrick were duking it out.........:mad:

Merely water under the bridge. He is now a 100% dyed-in-the-wool SFT convert. Yessirreee, nice to have him on board, I might add.:cool:

RodKnock 03-04-2011 11:49 AM

Here's a Brent quote from 3/22/10:

Quote:

Originally Posted by blykins (Post 1037755)
I, on the other hand, can tell if an engine has a flat tappet cam in it.....it's the engine that's being taken apart, completely disassembled, and cleaned, because the cam wiped down. :rolleyes:

blykins 03-04-2011 11:50 AM

I still wouldn't do one for a customer....

And I'm only doing it now to get a free camshaft...(because you know the one I'll pick out will have nitrided lobes....LOL)

patrickt 03-04-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodKnock (Post 1113729)
Here's a Brent quote from 3/22/10:

Nothing more than high-spirited hyperbole.:cool:

RodKnock 03-04-2011 11:53 AM

Hey, what do you know, here's another one:

Quote:

Originally Posted by blykins (Post 1037770)
We're talking about putting a cam in and having a better chance than 50/50 that the thing is going to live.

Step into the modern age with cams that don't wipe down and give extra horsepower to boot.

I would gladly pay the extra $350 to make sure the engine doesn't whittle itself away.....disassembly, cleaning, and refresh costs are a lot more than that. I'd pay the $350 for the extra 30-40 hp alone.

No one said anything about originality....we're talking about making engines survive and getting power to boot. I'd rather work on a carb than an injected motor any day.....but I also like not having to worry about cam breakin, special cam lube, $7/quart break-in oil, blah, blah, blah. I've said this on many other threads....but I've never put a flat tappet cam in an engine that I've built for a customer. And never will.

You refudiated yourself. I'll stop now. Just pulling your chain. :LOL:

blykins 03-04-2011 11:54 AM

Actually I haven't....

Notice the last line. This one isn't for a customer, it's for me. :)

patrickt 03-04-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blykins (Post 1113734)
Notice the last line. This one isn't for a customer, it's for me. :)

Just ignore Mr. RodKnock, the naive simpleton that he is, and stick with me. We'll get that solid flat tappet camshaft in there and you'll be dancing in no time.:cool:

blykins 03-04-2011 11:59 AM

You ready to take my order?

patrickt 03-04-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blykins (Post 1113736)
You ready to take my order?

Take your time and come up with the specs and who you would like to grind it. I think the turnaround on a custom cam is pretty quick and I will order it when you tell me you're ready for it.