21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback51 View Post
God I hate these, my car is better than your car threads.
Me, too. I think you should just start quoting old Traffic lyrics instead.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1235
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
me, too..
:lol: :lol ::lol: :lol:
Superformance #1235
460/T5

Last edited by dont; 03-08-2012 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: Laughing man not working
Old 03-08-2012, 03:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison LS1
Not Ranked     

Dont

I think the only thing I have seen on todays roads that are more dangerous than the Cobra REPLICAS are probably the crouch rocket motorcycles---considering acceleration, top speed, braking and the fact that they ususally wear some sort of driver protection whereas the cobra REPLICA crowd seems happy running around with a set of seat belts that pull the wrong way for tightening , and a rollbar (usually not padded) that will give a fatal dose of head trauma to an unhelmuted head-- at least the motorcycle will turn the same both ways.

Your SPF, Patricks ERA, my E-M and all the others are dangerous and if we were sensable we would not drive them on public roads in order not to endanger innocent motorists in modern , fairly safe vehicles that have been thru a design and manufacturing process to meet an very strict federal(world) set of regulations that are steered to road safety , reliability, and emission standards that none of our toys will meet.

I have been reading your past posts and the biggest cardboard box you are preaching from is the Hate Patrick because of his number of posts and you have support from a lot of other SPF not because your right but because there are so many of you that 1 % of the SPFers outnumber all the other owners totaled---

Your SPF are very nice cars, nice paint and upholstery, turn signals that don't work, windshield wipers that are grounded thru the dash and are questional , loose brake bolts, coil over mounts and adjusting collars---the engines and transmissions are repeatedly mounted solely to line up the side pipes with the body instead of the driveline--oil coolers that just have lines stuck up into the fenders instead of actually hooked to the engine, underdrive pulleys to gain 5 or 6 hp, which then run the water pump and alternator too slow for cooling---I could go on and on , but many of these issues are scattered thru out the replica cobra world, but a much higher percentage are on SPF---

Now--a slant on proper corner weights as an offshoot of setting coil overs for ride ht that has spread like weeds off subject(yep, I stirred a lot) has deteriated into a flame fest that has most people now ignoring this thread--will not contribute one more response from me on this thread but I will soon (hopefully this weekend)start a thread about some basic suspension/brake/alignment for street driven vehicles (cobras, hotrods,other kit cars)
as ERA CHAS has me pretty busy rounding up detail pictures for the guys over at Scale Model Magazine forum
Old 03-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Clayton View Post
Now--a slant on proper corner weights as an offshoot of setting coil overs for ride ht that has spread like weeds off subject(yep, I stirred a lot) has deteriated into a flame fest that has most people now ignoring this thread--will not contribute one more response from me on this thread but I will soon (hopefully this weekend)start a thread about some basic suspension/brake/alignment for street driven vehicles (cobras, hotrods,other kit cars) as ERA CHAS has me pretty busy rounding up detail pictures for the guys over at Scale Model Magazine forum
OK, and with that, John Barleycorn Must Die....
Old 03-08-2012, 03:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1235
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Dont

I have been reading your past posts and the biggest cardboard box you are preaching from is the Hate Patrick because of his number of posts and you have support from a lot of other SPF not because your right but because there are so many of you that 1 % of the SPFers outnumber all the other owners totaled---
Jerry, I respect your honesty and knowledge. As you can tell my post count is not very high. I don't hate Patrick, just keeping an eye on his SPF bashing.
Superformance #1235
460/T5
Old 03-08-2012, 03:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF roush 402
Not Ranked     

LOL....I'll agree with you there JC ,if my car catches fire I'm running, let'er burn.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
..... and you have support from a lot of other SPF not because your right but ]because there are so many of you that 1 % of the SPFers outnumber all the other owners totaled---

Your SPF are very nice cars, nice paint and upholstery, turn signals that don't work, windshield wipers that are grounded thru the dash and are questional , loose brake bolts, coil over mounts and adjusting collars---the engines and transmissions are repeatedly mounted solely to line up the side pipes with the body instead of the driveline--oil coolers that just have lines stuck up into the fenders instead of actually hooked to the engine, underdrive pulleys to gain 5 or 6 hp, which then run the water pump and alternator too slow for cooling---I could go on and on , but many of these issues are scattered thru out the replica cobra world, but a much higher percentage are on SPF---
Dear Jerry,

Firstly let me preface this by stating that I do find your posts to be quite helpful in general. But..

Sir, I am confused here... isn't this self-explanatory
If there are many more of them then it stands to reason that they would have a higher number of these occurrences.

I don't own an SPF but I know enough about them to know they make a great cobra and would consider myself privileged if I owned one.

Your post isn't reflective of the quality of the brand or car.

As for the word POSER - I find it a relative word. Used by some to take a position of superiority on others. You are welcome to call one a "poser" but you my friend may be considered a poser by another. Either way it can only comes across as inflammatory. Especially when the word be viewed from the point of its synonym "hypocrite". Perhaps the word "FAN" or "DEVOTEE" could also work here.

As for corner weighing of your car, I'd be happy to conclude that both parties are equally correct. If you feel your car isn't handling the way you want it to, or if you feel the need to - then go ahead knock yourself out!
Old 03-08-2012, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

"Your SPF are very nice cars, nice paint and upholstery, turn signals that don't work, windshield wipers that are grounded thru the dash and are questional , loose brake bolts, coil over mounts and adjusting collars---the engines and transmissions are repeatedly mounted solely to line up the side pipes with the body instead of the driveline--oil coolers that just have lines stuck up into the fenders instead of actually hooked to the engine, underdrive pulleys to gain 5 or 6 hp, which then run the water pump and alternator too slow for cooling---I could go on and on , but many of these issues are scattered thru out the replica cobra world, but a much higher percentage are on SPF"

Hey, I resent that remark. My rear shock brackets haven't broken.........yet!
Old 03-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Let's see. My turn signals work. Never had an issue with them.

Wipers? Never seen the rain, but I do try them out just to make sure they work, and they have never not worked.

Nope, no loose brake bolts, coil over mounts or adjusting collars.

Last I checked the engine is in the middle of the frame. Since they make their own headers I don't see any reason for them to offset the engine to fit a header.

Yep, my oil cooler is actually hooked to the engine. Missed again.

Okay, I have March undersize pulleys. Got me there. But then I have been in 105 degree heat and it runs cool. No overheating issues. They have one hell of a radiator/cooling system.

I'm starting to believe you have never seen a SPF in your life.

I do however have to agree with you that these cars are dangerous.
ERA 626 likes this.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Now what follows was really written by Patrick, but for once I could not argue with him.

Guys, this is a follow-up to close out the thread and, for once and for all, put the issue of "corner weighting your street car" to rest. As you all know, Patrick can be a pompous ass at times, has an inflated opinion of himself, and, from time to time, is a rude jerk not only to me, but to others as well. But, when a man's right he's right... and this time Patrick was absolutely 100% dead nuts right. After corner weighting my car, it does indeed drive noticably better on the street, and I have no doubt it will do the same under more agressive scenarios. In fact, I wish I had listened to him and done the corner weighting long ago. All the nay-sayers on this thread are just plain wrong; Patrick is right, along with everyone else who echoed his sentiments. And, while it pains me to say it, I have now done just that.
eschaider and SGwick like this.