19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2014, 04:32 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Oh, no,no,no. OP carefully and calculatingly limited participation to only imposters/fakeydos and correctly noting as such your fakeydo is not "real", a Shelby, original or "correct". I and other continuation Cobra and original Cobra owners were expressly not invited. This was made VERY clear at the outset nor do we intend to participate in such a blatantly discriminatory and exclusionary thread! Don't try to explain or back peddle now. We're out.

It's OK though, we completely understand, as our participation with our cars would completely ruin the purity and continuity of "fakeyness" you guys have going here. I have to say though, I thought you guys would have preferred the SAAC definition and categorization of your cars better than the non authoritative and informal " fakeydo " description but hey whatever floats your boat.

Carry on.

: )

Cheers
Old 04-21-2014, 04:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

And now back to our regularly scheduled program - how about a fakery windshield emblem

Or a street roadster sidecurtain pocket (that's too small for the sidecurtains to actually fit in.

Ralphy likes this.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Mk3.1 / 347
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
And now back to our regularly scheduled program - how about a fakery windshield emblem

Or a street roadster sidecurtain pocket (that's too small for the sidecurtains to actually fit in.

Roger that on the windshield tag - got one of those, but as for that side curtain pocket - man, oh man, why didn't I think of that!!!! Now to figure out how to make that work with my seat-back braces on the Kirkey vintage seats.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Oh, no,no,no. OP carefully and calculatingly limited participation to only imposters/fakeydos ...
Well not so fast, one must delve deeper into the underpinnings to understand the genesis of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRsAC View Post
Okay, all my fellow imposters, we've gnawed at the carcass of that age old question quite a bit lately, now for some fun. Let's see who has the fakiest fakeydoo around! ...
Where did this term “fakeydoo” on CC come from, now recognized as a valid description of these cars with active participation by their owners?

Post #119 from REAL 1
Buddyg: … What you have sir is a "fakeydoo" that just looks like a Cobra …
Replica or a modern reproduction?

Yes Evan, you coined the term on CC which is now in the dictionary of The world's largest non-biased Cobra site! Is not imitation the highest form of flattery? I would say this positions you well to be an unbiased gatekeeper of all things fake, no? Note, it has already been seen that all the chevy guys would have been cast to the wind as “nolo contendere” based on misunderstood AC Car history. Fortunately, the error was pointed out and now the chevy guys are back in it BIG with their entries on par with China knock-offs.

I think CCRsAC recognizes your expertise in this area and is soliciting your part-time help in determining the validity of fakiness with certain creative interpretations. Your contribution in this capacity would only serve to keep the thread on track.
Ralphy and hectorturer like this.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

I'm thinking this thread should come with a warning. Viewing this thread with rose colored glasses is stricly prohibited.

Ralphy
GrumpyBadger likes this.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, well, well... it appears we have our first fake conflict - I mean real conflict over fake subject matter. It appears that we need a ruling on which is faker - brass screws or silver screws holding the windshield tag in place.

So, I hereby publicly welcome all non-fake owners to opine on what is more in keeping with the fakeydoo ethos - brass or silver (see post #83)

Old 04-21-2014, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of Long Live the Bow tie Contemporary #102 427 Chevy .30 over Merlin heads 11to1, TBI injection
Not Ranked     

Quote-"Yes Evan, you coined the term which is now in the dictionary of The world's largest non-biased Cobra site! Is not imitation the highest form of flattery? I would say this positions you well to be an unbiased gatekeeper of all things fake, no? Note, it has already been seen that all the chevy guys would have been cast to the wind as “nolo contendere” based on misunderstood AC Car history. Fortunately, the error was pointed out and now the chevy guys are back in it BIG with their entries on par with China knock-offs."

" Misunderstood AC car history". What???
Ralphy likes this.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:07 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL427SBF View Post
Well not so fast, one must delve deeper into the underpinnings to understand the genesis of this thread.

Where did this term “fakeydoo” come from, now recognized as a valid description of these cars with active participation by their owners?

Post #119 from REAL 1
Buddyg: … What you have sir is a "fakeydoo" that just looks like a Cobra …
Replica or a modern reproduction?

Yes Evan, you coined the term which is now in the dictionary of The world's largest non-biased Cobra site! Is not imitation the highest form of flattery? I would say this positions you well to be an unbiased gatekeeper of all things fake, no? Note, it has already been seen that all the chevy guys would have been cast to the wind as “nolo contendere” based on misunderstood AC Car history. Fortunately, the error was pointed out and now the chevy guys are back in it BIG with their entries on par with China knock-offs.

I think CCRsAC recognizes your expertise in this area and is soliciting your part-time help in determining the validity of fakiness with certain creative interpretations. Your contribution in this capacity would only serve to keep the thread on track.
Yes, yes, yes thank you very much I do appreciate the compliment. Truly thank you. Ordinarily I would be more than happy to help the guys out , however, the guys on this thread are doing a fantastic job on their own and they really don't need me. It's all in the Registry you know. . Besides all the cars invited to participate in the OP are equally "replicas" according to SAAC or shall we say "fakeydo" as the guys here on this thread prefer to refer to them. They just differ in color, trim and accessory, chassis design etc..but all equally fake...you know just like no snow flake is the same but they are all ...snow flakes.

Cheers.
GrumpyBadger likes this.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL427SBF View Post
Almost like shooting fish in a barrel. I'm a bit surprised because it took 6 pages. The Vegas over/under was 3 pages.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor maine View Post
Fortunately, the error was pointed out and now the chevy guys are back in it BIG with their entries on par with China knock-offs.

China knock-offs. That's just too much!

With lead based paint?

Ralphy
Old 04-21-2014, 02:32 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodknock View Post
almost like shooting fish in a barrel. I'm a bit surprised because it took 6 pages. The vegas over/under was 3 pages.
Now that's funny! Lol
Old 04-21-2014, 02:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five chassis/Mr. Bruce slabside
Not Ranked     

Evan was not the first to use the term Fakeydo. "Fakeydo" was first said by the announcers on a telecast of a Barrett Jackson Auction, about 10yrs ago refering to fiberglas replicas.

John O
Old 04-21-2014, 02:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well keeping with tradition, we should only recognize the only true source for Cobra Fakeydo's. And that source would be Club Cobra. And should be adopted by the SARC.

A search shows Chaplin on 11-30-07 in post #27. The thread and poll, Shelby vs SAAC

Quote:
rep·li·ca /ˈrɛplɪkə/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rep-li-kuh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a copy or reproduction of a work of art produced by the maker of the original or under his or her supervision.

Replica | Define Replica at Dictionary.com

Seems to me that Series 4000 are the only true replicas.

Everything else is just a fakeydo!

But Continuation Series is an acceptable description as well.
So Evans post is not an Original but a Replica. Total Fakery but not in a Kit Form and some may say it's a Continuation. Definitely not a Genuine!

Shelby vs SAAC
However you have to read the last two pages! lol

I would also guess we live in our kingdoms of, "Fakeydodumb"?

Ralphy

Old 04-21-2014, 03:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA - B2Motorsports Dart 331
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphy View Post
However you have to read the last two pages! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real1
As to value. No question that the original series are worth substantially more and probably always will be based on their history. No issue here. One needs to remember that the originals weren't always worth what they are today and in fact many sat on dealer lots for years before sold back in the 60's.

Fake VHT

Don't even know where to start
Old 04-21-2014, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SPF2271
Not Ranked     

Did this site get permission to use the word Cobra? Cause clearly the majority of the Cars here are Fakeydoos and according to 1, the only car allowed to be considered a Cobra, replica or not, are originals and Continuations. May need to see about changing the name to

www. ClubFakeydoowithonlyafewCobra'saccordingtotheonlyo fficialregistrySAAC.com
GrumpyBadger likes this.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgnbull1227 View Post
Did this site get permission to use the word Cobra? Cause clearly the majority of the Cars here are Fakeydoos and according to 1, the only car allowed to be considered a Cobra, replica or not, are originals and Continuations. May need to see about changing the name to
ClubFakeydoowithonlyafewCobra'saccordingtotheonlyo fficialregistrySAAC.com
Well, technically, the Kirkham's are called Kirkham Cobra's in the SAAC World Registry. Whee!
Old 04-21-2014, 08:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Installed my new Oil Fooler.......

And my Jack Daniels overflow has been keeping things cooled for over a year ...
Old 04-21-2014, 09:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mptech View Post
Installed my new Oil Fooler.......

And my Jack Daniels overflow has been keeping things cooled for over a year ...
OIL FOOLER - brilliant!!! Mark, I'm seeing a whole new side of you, man.

I also love the irreverence of the Gentleman Jack catch can - how many of us could have used one of those ourselves after a particularly long night of drinking that stuff? I gotta find a suitably sophomoric catch can, too. Let's see some more versions so that I can, due to my lack of scruples, convert someone else's idea to my own - after all, it's the fakeydo way.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Okay, another problem... how do we spell fakeydo? We'll need to nail that down for the SARC registry.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of Long Live the Bow tie Contemporary #102 427 Chevy .30 over Merlin heads 11to1, TBI injection
Not Ranked     

Are we fake yet???