Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2015, 10:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Stephen Becker Automobile group Inc files suit against Shelby American Inc

In a move to fight back against alleged acts of unfair competition and breach of its Dealer Agreement, Stephen Becker Automotive Group, Inc. DBA Planet Shelby Cobra has filed suit today in Los Angeles Superior Court against Shelby American, Inc., a subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International, Inc. a publicly traded corporation symbol: CSBI

April 10, 2015 (MMD Newswire) -- In its Complaint, Stephen Becker Automotive Group alleges that in its Dealer Agreement with Shelby American, Inc ("SAI"), SAI was required to sell its vehicles "through a network of Shelby authorized independent dealers," such as Plaintiff. Additionally, pursuant to the Agreement, Plaintiff alleges that SAI was required to refer any sales leads it obtained, through its website or by any other means, to authorized dealerships like Plaintiff. The Complaint alleges that in December of 2014, SAI began to engage in direct sales of vehicles to members of the general public and therefore stopped referring customers to Plaintiff. In addition, the Complaint alleges that SAI failed to allocate its 2015 Anniversary Vehicles to the independent dealerships according to a fair or reasonable formula as required by California law.

The Complaint alleges that SAI's conduct violated Plaintiff's Dealer Agreement as well as California and Nevada statutes against unfair competition. The Complaint seeks unspecified damages for loss of investment, lost interest, loss of business goodwill and lost profits on business revenues that would have been earned if SAI acted in good faith and dealt fairly with Plaintiff. The complaint also seeks unspecified punitive damages claiming that SAI acted with a conscious disregard for Plaintiff's rights, and with the intent to injure Plaintiff such as to constitute oppression, fraud, or malice under California Civil Code Section 3294.

The Law Offices of Michael A. Brewer filed the lawsuit on behalf of Stephen Becker Automotive Group. Mr. Brewer can be reached at 2020 Main Street, Suite 900, Irvine, CA 92614, or at (949) 679-6060

Superior Court of the state of California for the Count of Los Angeles, Central District. Case Number: BC577978

See complaint here: http://mmdnewswire.com/images/press-...t-BC577978.pdf

###
Old 04-10-2015, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Well, there goes my theory that the SAI dealerships bought up all the 50th anniversary cars.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4***
Not Ranked     

Didn't he sue SAI before?
Old 04-10-2015, 12:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1963 Lemans USRRC 289 webers
Not Ranked     

according to our dealer contract, shelby american can only sell cars through authorized SA dealers which means they can't sell a car to anyone but their dealers. They have violated the contract which their own attorneys wrote up with the dealer network. We tried to get a anniversary car ordered and were told they were sold out. In talking to other dealers about what they ordered it looks like the dealer network only got half the cars so looks like Shelby is now competing with its own dealer network. This would be like Ford or GM selling cars they make to the general public. They have considerably less invested than a dealer so its unfair business practice. Like before it looks like Shelby has messed with the wrong person and Im sure the judge that hears this case will shake is head and say. The law is the law.
timsullivan likes this.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

All I can say is, lawsuits continue to follow Carroll Shelby even posthumously.
timsullivan likes this.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 744/428/TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Looks like my Shelby stock is going to take a hit. No early retirement for me, LOL...
Old 04-10-2015, 02:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea2jet View Post
Looks like my Shelby stock is going to take a hit. No early retirement for me, LOL...
That happened right after I bought it for $1.00. Today it's at .18 and it hovers around that number. The stock is worth more printed on paper and sold as a memento on eBay.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 04-10-2015 at 02:37 PM..
Old 04-10-2015, 03:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR track car, SL-C track car
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Today it's at .18 and it hovers around that number. The stock is worth more printed on paper and sold as a memento on eBay.
Dang, it's not even worth the effort to short it at that number.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     
Smile

The only company winning here is Kirkham motors.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
The only company winning here is Kirkham motors.
You're wrong (again). The law firms on both sides trump all.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

"The only company winning here is Kirkham motors."

Let's not forget The Law Offices of Michael A. Brewer and whoever represents SAI, although their lawyers probably give a volume discount.
Igofastr likes this.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACademic View Post
Beat me to it.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACademic View Post
what happened to previous lawsuit by mr. becker against sai? no thread in archives.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, 347, Massflow inj, 65 GT350 tribute
Not Ranked     

Love the last sentence..."the Count of LA"...
csx4017 likes this.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans 63 View Post
according to our dealer contract, shelby american can only sell cars through authorized SA dealers which means they can't sell a car to anyone but their dealers. They have violated the contract which their own attorneys wrote up with the dealer network.
Is there anything in the dealer contract which precludes Shelby American, Inc. and/or Carroll Shelby International, Inc. from establishing their own dealership as a separate legal entity? Presumably there is but, if not, the courts may well treat such a dealership as just another dealership, albeit one receiving preferential treatment.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:48 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

If Becker is bringing suit why aren't all the other dealers also bringing suit? Isn't it the same dealer contract for all?

Anytime you fellas feel like cutting lawyers out of the loop in legal disputes there's no problem. All you have to do handle the litigation yourself. Let's see how that works out.

Last edited by REAL 1; 04-11-2015 at 01:51 PM..
Old 04-11-2015, 01:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1963 Lemans USRRC 289 webers
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
If Becker is bringing suit why aren't all the other dealers also bringing suit? Isn't it the same dealer contract for all?

Anytime you fellas feel like cutting lawyers out of the loop in legal disputes there's no problem. All you have to do handle the litigation yourself. Let's see how that works out.

if it becomes a class action suit all the dealers will probably be involved. This is just the first salvo Im sure.
CHANMADD likes this.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:05 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

If you guys need a good class-action attorney PM me.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

Forgive the tangent, but I recently received notice that I was an aggrieved party in a class action suit. All I had to do was take a trip to the courthouse, pay some copying fees, get some documents notarized, and mail it all in to receive my $48 share of a multi-million dollar lawsuit against some deep pocketed corporation. Of course the attorneys representing me and the thousands of other parties were taking the lion's share of the payment. I decided it wasn't worth the effort ..... for me.
Cobra #3170 and Texasdoc like this.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
Old 04-12-2015, 03:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Shelby may not be selling enough cars to get by through the dealerships. That could be because the market isn't strong enough right now. Its easy for their management to come to the conclusion that selling a few cars at retail might bolster their revenues a good bit, since it eliminates the dealer slice of the profits. But it suggests that Shelby isn't doing that well. I don't follow the stock, but if it went from $1 to $0.18, that doesn't suggest they are doing well.

G