21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2015, 11:31 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Neutral     

Not only is this hobby replete with old farts, many of them seem to show signs of senile dementia....
Old 04-22-2015, 12:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     
Talking

it's always comical Rodknock proves his points with a stock tip.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
It's also comical to me that most of your posts are about for-profit companies making a profit and it's always some mass conspiracy. And how a thinly-traded public company, at $0.17/share, though still regulated by the SEC, is somehow cheating their customers by making too much profit and/or their employees are committing embezzlement.
TN Shelby Cobra likes this.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:57 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
What's more surprising is when you do make a point worth making. So far in this thread you are at a 0.
TN Shelby Cobra likes this.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:40 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

C'mon, guys.
You're arguing with a shill.

Last edited by rodneym; 04-22-2015 at 02:45 PM..
Old 04-22-2015, 02:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

[quote=REAL 1;1345906]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post

You clearly must seem to know that every guy that buys a Shelby buys it as an investment and for no other reason. That is an amazing feat. You should be heavily into stocks with that talent but you already know that. With your winnings you should be able to by a real Cobra.

Your feigned faux pas intended as a put down is factually accurate when applying Websters definition. It's all in the current Registry.

You should also apply your amazing deductive powers to the question of why Shelbys cost more than Kirkhams. Once you find the answer please report back and enlighten us.
That makes absolute no since but when do you, they will cost more in the end because they cost more in the beginning, and why do you tell us in your title that you have an ORIGINAL side oiler in your car but don't state that your SHELBY is original, is it not, according to you it is...
Old 04-22-2015, 03:00 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
That makes absolute no since but when do you, they will cost more in the end because they cost more in the beginning, and why do you tell us in your title that you have an ORIGINAL side oiler in your car but don't state that your SHELBY is original, is it not, according to you it is...
You need to proof read your posts a little more before you hit that little "post" button.

To try and answer your garbled response all I can say is ...Uh, no. My Sideoiler is an original cast iron 1965 block. That's why it is an original Side oiler. Yup. Pretty easy right.

As to my Shelby, you are correct...it is not an original. Are you saying I do say it's an original or I don't say it's an original??? Can't tell from your cryptic response what you are saying. Let me respond nevertheless. Very simply I don't say it is an original Shelby and clearly never have because it clearly is not. It is clearly denoted as a 4000 series Cobra in my info as to the car. I'm sorry if you are confused or feel misled. However, you appear to be alone in that confusion or feeling as no one else seems to be confused or misled.

Also, just to follow up.... have you figured out why Shelbys sell for more? Let us know when you figure out the answer. We'll be here.

Last edited by REAL 1; 04-22-2015 at 03:14 PM..
Old 04-22-2015, 03:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
You need to proof read your posts a little more before you hit that little "post" button.

To try and answer your garbled response all I can say is ...Uh, no. My Sideoiler is an original cast iron 1965 block. That's why it is an original Side oiler. Yup. Pretty easy right.

As to my Shelby, you are correct...it is not an original. Are you saying I do say it's an original or I don't say it's an original??? Can't tell from your cryptic response what you are saying. Let me respond nevertheless. Very simply I don't say it is an original Shelby and clearly never have because it clearly is not. It is clearly denoted as a 4000 series Cobra in my info as to the car. I'm sorry if you are confused or feel misled. However, you appear to be alone in that confusion or feeling as no one else seems to be confused or misled.

Also, just to follow up.... have you figured out why Shelbys sell for more? Let us know when you figure out the answer. We'll be here.
You always state your cobra as an ORIGINAL, that's why I think your nuts, it's a REPLICA...even if it has the cxs number, is it original or not...
Old 04-22-2015, 03:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:

English is my second language so proof read it for me, your obviously getting the point...and I don't use spell check, just as Lawyers don't honestly describe their Replicas...
Old 04-22-2015, 04:09 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
You always state your cobra as an ORIGINAL, that's why I think your nuts, it's a REPLICA...even if it has the cxs number, is it original or not...
Since I "always" state my Cobra is an original cite me one example where I said that. Should be easy since I "always" say it.

Based on your communication and comprehension ability in English I would say English is a distant (very distant) second language for you.

Now you have two homework assignments.

1. Show me where I said my Shelby was an original. Should take no time since as you said I always say it.
2. Still waiting for you to explain why Shelbys cost more.

Last edited by REAL 1; 04-22-2015 at 05:25 PM..
Old 04-22-2015, 06:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I'm with Evan on this one. Show us where he claimed his car was an original. Not where he said it is an authentic Shelby, but where he said it is an original.

Last edited by Al G; 04-22-2015 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: For clarity
Old 04-22-2015, 07:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:

I can give you the simple answer to that... but I don't want to upset you.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

That's easy, Shelby's cost more because there are people willing to buy all Shelby can produce. Simple supply and demand.

Doesn't mean that they will be worth more than any other replica when the bubble bursts or the mystique fades. They're still a replica. No more, no less.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:49 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Jim,
Just because a bubble may (or may not) burst, that doesn't mean their relative values get zeroed out.
Has this ever happened, anywhere? Any product?

A rising tide lifts all boats (and visa versa). Values may drop but it's my contention that the brands' values will remain relative to what they are today.
That's absolutely not a dig on any brand, BB vs SB, blah, blah, blah.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Since I "always" state my Cobra is an original cite me one example where I said that. Should be easy since I "always" say it.

Based on your communication and comprehension ability in English I would say English is a distant (very distant) second language for you.

Now you have two homework assignments.

1. Show me where I said my Shelby was an original. Should take no time since as you said I always say it.

Give me about 2 months of research, you have spewed so much bull on here I have to go through it all, you know how you lawyers do it.. And about my English, if you have to attack me personally that's fine, God knows everyone does it to you...
Old 04-23-2015, 12:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I might be wrong on this but I believe a Kirkham roller sells for more than a glasss csx, by 10K, so a Shelby does not cost more, that answers question number 2...
Old 04-23-2015, 04:11 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Wink

Quote:
As to my Shelby, you are correct...it is not an original.

I've been waiting years for you to post this

Bill S.

PS: Stayed at the Somerset Hills Hotel this past weekend, wish I had gotten one of their newly renovated rooms, sadly, we did not. Maybe next time.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS

Last edited by mrmustang; 04-23-2015 at 04:15 AM..
Old 04-23-2015, 05:12 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
That's easy, Shelby's cost more because there are people willing to buy all Shelby can produce. Simple supply and demand.

Doesn't mean that they will be worth more than any other replica when the bubble bursts or the mystique fades. They're still a replica. No more, no less.
Correct as to part 1.

Incorrect as to part 2.

Hint. Correct answer is in the latest Registry and Websters as referenced in the Registry. Also see Rodneys post above.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #523, 427 S/O
Neutral     

Quote:
To my knowledge he has never claimed his Cobra is an ORIGINAL. He has however, "claimed" that it is a GENUINE Shelby Cobra, which it clearly is.

It isn't difficult to understand....or maybe it is?

Paul
cycleguy55 likes this.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:28 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I might be wrong on this but I believe a Kirkham roller sells for more than a glasss csx, by 10K, so a Shelby does not cost more, that answers question number 2...
Nice try but let's stay with comparing apples to apples.

Again, why do aluminum Shelbys sell for more than an equivalent Kirkham? Hint. Someone already blurted out the answer. That may help you.

By the way I wasn't attacking you personally. If you can't communicate well in English you can't. It's fact. I must say though you made remarkable strides in the last two posts. Well done.

As you noted I know a personal attck when I see one.

As to your other quest. Good luck with that one.