Old 07-02-2015, 12:50 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
Goodyear CAN'T be making the same compound as the past. My first set from 2009 were in good shape when I sold them on a set a wheels 3 or 4 years later.
My new BBs are less than a year old and not looking so hot. They aged much, much faster
A yup there. They will start rotting before your eyes. Except for Evan's.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:59 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

He got pre-war BBs. They'll be good till the Trump becomes prez. Lol

Why dont you get yer butt up to PV for the local C&C on the 4th? Bright and early.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR chassis and suspension, Mr. Bruce 289 FIA body
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACERAL View Post
Bill D, can you supply a link to the tire you are going with. I looked on that site and didn't see much I liked.. maybe I over looked it.
Al

Go to dbtires. com and then open up the PDF file. Go to page 21 (blackwall smoothies). Then pick your size from page 18. The tires are H rated (130 MPH). I'm going with 295/50R15 in the back and 255/60R15 in the front. They are the same size as the BB's.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
Al

Go to dbtires. com... I'm going with 295/50R15 in the back and 255/60R15 in the front. They are the same size as the BB's.
Well, close enough considering that the bulging sidewalls of the Billboard add considerable section width over the dbtires (that are sourced from Cooper).

Billboard Front is 26.5x8.0-15
Height 26.2" - Tread Width 7.9" - Section Width 11.0"
DBTire Cooper Front 255/60R/15
Height 27.0" = Tread Width 8.2" - Section Width 9.7"

Billboard Rear is 26.5x10.0-15
Height 26.7" - Tread Width 10.2" - Section Width 12.9"
DBTire Cooper Rear 295/50R/15
Height 26.8" = Tread Width 10.1" - Section Width 11.8"

So the rears are sized almost dead-on (except section width). The fronts for DBTire are definitely taller and wider, but the 255 size on a Cobra front end typically looks good. Good choices, Bill. Please keep everyone posted once you source and install.
Bill D likes this.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR chassis and suspension, Mr. Bruce 289 FIA body
Not Ranked     

Thanks for posting the comparisons AC. From the data the dbtires are more square due to the smaller section width
Old 07-04-2015, 05:43 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
He got pre-war BBs. They'll be good till the Trump becomes prez. Lol

Why dont you get yer butt up to PV for the local C&C on the 4th? Bright and early.
I'll post pics later.

Don't laugh. Trump is gaining traction cause he says it like it is and he is 100% right on most issues especially the main ones. One of the few unafraid still left.

Btw has everyone taken down their Confereate flags and thrown out their General Lee models? More political left wing correctness dictating our lives. Coming next suits against your church for refusing to perform a gay marriage.

What's funny is failing to vote for a Cruz or Trump.
Bernica and ACademic like this.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I wish it were that way now. That picture is years old. The sign was cut down about 10 years ago. Now you have to go over to the dam and look down to see water. This area is much like what I imagine the valley down there is now. Dust and fields of dead grass.

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
The hell with the tires...look at that water!

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 07-08-2015, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

I love the look of the billboard lettering, but those rubberized canvas bladders wouldn't last a week on the roads down here. Many scoff at the idea of bonding the lettering to a more practical set of tires but they're just replica billboards on replica Cobras - everything else is fake, so why not the tires too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
I'll post pics later.

Don't laugh. Trump is gaining traction cause he says it like it is and he is 100% right on most issues especially the main ones. One of the few unafraid still left.

Btw has everyone taken down their Confereate flags and thrown out their General Lee models? More political left wing correctness dictating our lives. Coming next suits against your church for refusing to perform a gay marriage.

Most dimocrats are probably praying for the combover to get the nomination. That would make the shrunken redneck base happy, but it would also guarantee another defeat for the repubes. I even heard the other day that 'bamah is going to publicly endorse the donald as his pick for the candidacy... smart move sez I.

PS - No need to fret buddy, and get all worked up and sue if the church won't perform your marriage ceremony. I'm sure you can have just as nice a wedding in a park or something with a sympathetic reverend doing the honours...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 07-08-2015 at 09:06 AM..
Old 07-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I'll post pics later.

Now, you have me thinking about who's crazier. Trump or the guy running on 8-year old BB's and thinking churches will be sued.
Bernica likes this.

Last edited by RodKnock; 07-08-2015 at 11:05 AM..
Old 07-08-2015, 11:47 AM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Maybe Evan's BB's have an awesome comb-over of tread?
Old 07-08-2015, 12:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Hey gasholes! No politics!!

Jamo the murderator

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 07-08-2015, 12:33 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Hey gasholes! No politics!!

Jamo the murderator

As I fondly like to call JAMO, he's the "3rd Rail"....
Touch it any you die!
Old 07-08-2015, 08:41 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Now, you have me thinking about who's crazier. Trump or the guy running on 8-year old BB's and thinking churches will be sued.
Why is Trump "crazy"? Please enlighten us. Be Specific.

My BBs are still good. When I detect cracks they will be replaced.

An Oregon bakery was just fined $135k because they would not bake a wedding cake for a gay couple based on their religious beliefs. You can stop laughing now and eat some humble pie.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:

An Oregon bakery was just fined $135k because they would not bake a wedding cake for a gay couple based on their religious beliefs. You can stop laughing now and eat some humble pie.
No politics. But you should review his historical record. All there for everyone to see. But you can vote for him. You'll be one of the few.

Cracks? That's what it would take? Aging may not exhibit any external indications and even an inspection by a tire expert may not reveal the extent of any deterioration. But hey, roll the dice with your $240K Shelby Cobra, yourself and any passengers. No skin off my back.

When did a bakery become a church? You said churches would be sued next. So, the progression is from an Oregon bakery to churches? And seriously, one bakery. BFD. Talk about paranoia.

Better watch out, Obama is coming for your guns. You know the Obama who was born in Nigeria, not Hawaii.

Last edited by RodKnock; 07-08-2015 at 10:27 PM..
Old 07-09-2015, 05:49 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
No politics. But you should review his historical record. All there for everyone to see. But you can vote for him. You'll be one of the few.

Cracks? That's what it would take? Aging may not exhibit any external indications and even an inspection by a tire expert may not reveal the extent of any deterioration. But hey, roll the dice with your $240K Shelby Cobra, yourself and any passengers. No skin off my back.

When did a bakery become a church? You said churches would be sued next. So, the progression is from an Oregon bakery to churches? And seriously, one bakery. BFD. Talk about paranoia.

Better watch out, Obama is coming for your guns. You know the Obama who was born in Nigeria, not Hawaii.
No, no, no. We don't need you to tell us to review his historical record. Yes, we can all do that. You said he was "crazy". Tell us why he is "crazy". Edgamacate us. Don't run away and hide now.

So now your a tire expert? Site me to any article or authority that says tires that don't exhibit signs of dry rot should be replaced other than "Rodknock" on tires. How long have 'brand new" BB's been sitting in a warehouse? Other than some guys here who have had issues with BB there are more that haven't had issues. You are correct about one thing. It is a $240,000.00 car.

So you can't see the progression from a bakery couple being sued and fined for failing to bake a cake for gays based on their religious objections to a church being sued for refusing to perform a wedding ceremony for gays? Ever hear of the exemption churches have from taxes. See if you can figure out the in road gays will use. While your laughing better warm up that humble pie. By the way, seems clear that if I told you a year ago that a bakery would be sued and fined for not baking a cake based on their religious beliefs for a gay wedding you obviously would have laughed at that too.

Yes, Obama has been attacking the constitutional rights of gun owners. Maybe you should do some reading. From the fraudulent and horribly criminally misguided irresponsible Fast and Furious operation (for which that is just one of many reasons for an impeachment of the Obamanator and criminal indictment of his man Holder) leaving a wake of bodies in its trail to attacks on ammo. Get the facts from the NRA.

What's crazy is that if this country was crazy enough to elect an Obama than its crazy enough to elect a Hillary, a Bernie or a Biden. If that happens after the damage this one man wrecking ball has done, pack your bags boys, were done.

Last edited by REAL 1; 07-09-2015 at 06:00 AM..
Old 07-09-2015, 08:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Quote:

His Hair, that alone is crazy, to have all that money and that is what you wear on your head, he should get fake hair like our fake cobras...
Old 07-09-2015, 09:05 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
His Hair, that alone is crazy, to have all that money and that is what you wear on your head, he should get fake hair like our fake cobras...
Good point. That's a reason not to vote for him.

I'd rather have his hair than Obama's ears.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Good point. That's a reason not to vote for him.

I'd rather have his hair than Obama's ears.
His ears, talk about wind wings...
Old 07-09-2015, 01:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm voting for HILLARY, then I will become her intern, and she will recreate the Monica scandal with me, it will make a great SNL skit, and I can write a book about it, her Dress will be for sale at auction after...
Old 07-09-2015, 01:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MkIII (2995), Ford 460/521, Ted Taormina build
Not Ranked     

Hey, give your vote to whoever you want, that's one of the best things about America. But be aware you are being played. Trump has given quite a bit of money to the Clintons over the years, and was registered as a Dem for much of his life, don't know when he switched. This run strikes me as Donald trying to keep his name in the news, not a serious run for the presidency. And, oh yes, the facts sometimes get in the way of his red-meat statements.

Fact-checking Donald Trump | PolitiFact

Quote:

Closed Thread