Like Tree268Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2015, 10:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Uh oh, here it comes. I'm posting now, right after Evan. And Evan is expecting someone post after him. OMG.

Every time I think this thread dies down, Evan posts again and then again. I actually don't mind your defense of the Shelby Cobra replica product so much, but it's the "victims complex." Oh whoa is me. Evan feels picked on. And of course, he plays no part in it all. No fault lies with Evan. He's blameless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
However, if your view is that your car is merely a "replica" and nothing more not only I but the vast majority of Continuation owners look at it very differently.

Yes, of course the Continuation or current production Cobras are by their nature "replicas" of the originals at the same time since they duplicate the original car and are offered by the same/successor company that offered them back in the 60's.
You view your car the same way nearly everyone else in the Cobra World views the modern Shelby Cobra replica. It's a replica. Again, you've admitted it's replica. We know it's a replica. The SAAC Cobra Registrar knows it replica. The Registry refers to it as a replica.

And if it's a replica, then logically it cannot be genuine or authentic.

Quote:
Those that don't own Shelby's clearly can't stand the thought of another current production Cobra being in their presence. They are threatened by it based on what they have and therefore must pull it back down to the level they perceive their car is on. It's crystal clear. Called sour grapes.
Geez, Evan. Being a little melodramatic are we? Wow, you're getting a little carried away. Actually, alot carried away. I'd love to address this nonsense further, but I'm going to just ignore it. Pure garbage.

Quote:
The Kirkham chassis and bodies are better then the original chassis and bodies build and quality wise.
Way to go out on a limb here. 50 years of technology has a way of making a better product.

Evan, really, put on some "man pants" will you?

I actually admire the Shelby Cobra replica owners that stay in the shadows and don't post here. They're smart, they just let you embarrass yourself, sit back and laugh.
MFE III likes this.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:25 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4910 View Post
The only thing sucking me in is the sweet smell of high octane fuel in m garage, no worries. I would rather enjoy my cars and others without fighting in the sandbox. I just got possession of the Eleanor andouille I have always wanted a custom built NON Eleanor mustang, this one fell into my lap at a significant less cost that it would take to build one and I couldn't help myself. I have some bits to add to it to put my touch on it but with a ford performance 427 small block putting out about 550 horses with coil overs and big brakes and nitrous, it puts a grin from ear to ear much the way the cobra does. I didn't buy it because it was an Eleanor, I bought it in spite of it.

Anyone that knows me knows I don't follow anyone's rules since I also love my little 69 triumph gt6 that weighs 1600 lbs and is getting a new motor with about 140 hp on a wheelbase shorter than the cobra. A little go kart for the street.
Cheers
Ron: I hear you! I had a TR6 in college. Loved that car! Always wanted to get the Euro version with the FI instead of the Strombergs.

Taking the Boss LS out for a drive. Sun finally came out here.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
... Many here have decided to paint me as a "blowhard" and use other invectives so smear me and the entire issue ...

... Those that don't own Shelby's clearly can't stand the thought of another current production Cobra being in their presence. They are threatened by it based on what they have and therefore must pull it back down to the level they perceive their car is on. It's crystal clear. Called sour grapes ...
Yup, it's crystal clear all right
Old 10-07-2015, 07:41 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

Good Day Gentlemen,

I was going to let this thread sit quietly for a month or more and then post something of a mindless nature (as is deserving of this thread and comes easily to me) just to regurgitate the thread. But Jay Leno was on tonight. For reasons not completely clear to me, I felt compelled to quote the show.

Jay Leno's Garage, Season 1, Episode 1. Aired on the seventh of October, 2015.

Scene - Jay visits Tim Allen in Detroit to see his car collection. Jay and Tim enter Tim's garage. They walk up to a car that looks like a Cobra.

Jay - "That's a real Cobra"
Tim - "Its a real Cobra".

Warm Regards,
Paul F

Last edited by Paul F; 10-07-2015 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: Remove redundancy
Old 10-08-2015, 04:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Superformance w/392 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
Good Day Gentlemen,

I was going to let this thread sit quietly for a month or more and then post something of a mindless nature (as is deserving of this thread and comes easily to me) just to regurgitate the thread. But Jay Leno was on tonight. For reasons not completely clear to me, I felt compelled to quote the show.

Scene - Jay visits Tim Allen in Detroit to see his car collection. Jay and Tim enter Tim's garage. They walk up to a car that looks like a Cobra.

Warm Regards,
Paul F
CSX2517, to be precise.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Good Day Gentlemen,

Warm Regards,
Paul F
Both being comedians, was there any smack talk about who lands an aluminum csx4000/6000 first?
Those are much rarer than the originals at this time.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

Jay owns a replica alum body cobra.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4***
Not Ranked     

This thread is like the Cher farewell concert tour?

It never ends and makes no sense.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:31 AM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Please... don't insult the Cher farewell tour with this thread.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I always liked Cher's unassuming presence on stage, no need to play "trying to keep up with Madonna"

Old 10-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Can we get back to watches? Even pens might be a better topic here.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

How about fine pocket knives?

Last edited by Joe's Garage; 10-08-2015 at 04:28 PM..
Old 10-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm divided between seeing how sad this thread can get pounding the dead horse vs turning into a nice thread about cool things. What a breath of fresh air a discussion on things like watches, pens, whiskey, cigars, would be.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Much like watches, while I have an appreciation for fine knives, I only buy stout, larger specimens that serve their intended purpose. I love the bigger, old style Dacor dive knives and I also own a couple of K-bars and a pedestrian priced but very nice and functional Winchester bowie that I bought at an electronics store in Las Vegas while shopping for computer and photography stuff.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 10-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I've had one pocket knife most of my life. Its a 2-1/2 blade with a bone and silver finish. In the old days when airport security was pretty simple, I went through with a tool case. I put my knife in a tray along with my change. The security person opened the knife, looked at it, and handed it back to me. He opened the tool case, looked at an 8 oz. ball peen hammer and said, "You can't take that aboard. It's a weapon". True story.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR Cobra 3169
Not Ranked     

Funny that. I had the same problem. He said that hammer can be used as a weapon, I said, so can a brick.
JD
Old 10-09-2015, 05:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Survival Motorsports aluminum FE 482
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Doug View Post
A decade ago I became infatuated with the Shelby Cobra and set out to get one. ClubCobra.com has been an excellent resource, and I appreciate the members here that have contributed to my knowledge.

Lately, though, it seems every thread gets highjacked into a "Real" vs. "Replica" debate primarily around the CSX4000 series cars' legitimacy.

My point is, I find the "Real" vs "Replica" topic wearisome. This topic has been banging around for nearly a decade. Any possibility we can all just give it a rest?

DD
Look what you did shame on you.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I've had one pocket knife most of my life. Its a 2-1/2 blade with a bone and silver finish. In the old days when airport security was pretty simple, I went through with a tool case. I put my knife in a tray along with my change. The security person opened the knife, looked at it, and handed it back to me. He opened the tool case, looked at an 8 oz. ball peen hammer and said, "You can't take that aboard. It's a weapon". True story.
Lol! I had a bit of a story when I arrived at the airport here and the female customs officer opened up my suitcase and saw the big bowie sitting right on top. It was upside down and when she picked it up and turned it over she went into shock and almost dropped it as if it had burned her hand.

She said "Oh sir sir, you can't have something like this!" All the while holding it up and away with 2 fingers like it was a dead rat. I asked why not - its just a knife - no law against that, I have a bigger one in my kitchen. She just kept holding it up and shaking her head until a senior officer noticed and came over to see what was going on.

He looked at her funny and asked me what I plan to use the knife for. I told him it'll be a bush knife - hacking branches, peeling fruit, opening coconuts, gutting fish, etc. when I'm out on my estate. He asked "Not for cutting people up in self-defence?" I replied that I have a licensed firearm for that. He laughed and asked where the estate was - turned out he grew up in the area and we spoke briefly about the beach and the terrain. Then he turned to the woman still holding the bowie up like he'd almost forgotten about her, and said kind of impatiently, "Give the gentleman back his knife!"
Its served me well - I even carry it in my tennis bag and use it for cutting out broken strings and stuff. I'm careful who's around when I do, but it always gets quite a reaction from my buddies when I pull it out.
They're not handy now for photos, but this is a pic of the same bowie:

And this is a web pic of the K Bar Tanto - another great knife that sees a lot of bush duty and does it's job really well. I've even taken this one diving in salt water a few times - rinsed it and oiled it thoroughly afterwards of course.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

Last edited by Buzz; 10-09-2015 at 07:23 AM..
Old 10-09-2015, 07:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The closest I ever came to owning nice pens was when I was a kid in school down here. I got some really fancy Parker fountain, ball-point and pencil sets as gifts, but when my regular pens expired I dug them out and used them at school. Well you know what happens to kids' pens at school - they break, get borrowed and just plain disappear.

I do remember noticing the quality when I used them, but there were too many other things competing for my enthusiasm at the time, so I never developed any real interest in or appreciation for them. A bit of a waste, really.

Last edited by Buzz; 10-09-2015 at 07:18 AM..
Old 10-09-2015, 11:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My pocket knives, I usually go for the discontinued but popular types and have found they do appreciate in value over time.

Small Tactical Gentleman’s Auto by Benchmade, blade length is 1.98" (under 2") making it pocket carry legal.

Spyderco Lum Chinese Folder, flat-ground blade made of ZDP-189 stainless steel, about as sharp a blade money can buy.

Spyderco Kiwi Smooth Red Bone, the best "whittler" I've ever owned.

Last edited by Joe's Garage; 10-09-2015 at 11:33 AM..
Closed Thread