Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2002, 08:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

15 mph would have been fast. As soon as my car started making any forward progress I got off the throttle. After all it is called a burn-out. A car standing almost still, while the tires are spinning and not getting any traction. I was not performing a launch for a 1/4 race.
That wouldn't be burn-out would it?

To be honest, if I had to do it again, I too would have preffered to have no one standing around as close as they were. I also would have prefferd the left side of my path not be lined up with half a million dollars worth of Harley Davidsons.

I was mor worried about the beating we would receive if we were to mow down a dozen or so of those bikes.

Regardless of my obvious beliggerent responses to creeper in here, I will demand that next year the safety issues, spectator positioning are better paid attention to.

However irresponsible we appear, we all have families and children and down deep inside wouldn't want to hurt anyone including ourselves..

Now I got to go and put on a clean pair of underwear. My momma always told me to. In case I go to a hospital unexpectedly. Besides, Spring Fling was almost a month ago.
It is time to change!
Briefs.

TURK
Old 07-12-2002, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Speed Kills

Turk

Nice meeting you at SAAC-27.

I would like to advise you that under the truth in advertising statutes that you are in default by posting your tag line: "SPEED KILLS".

This is totally in error as speed has never killed anybody.

It is the sudden stop which causes the damage. Please refrain from misleading the public and correct your tag line immediatly or the net police will need to pay you a visit. It is very important in today's world to be factual and accurate in all of your communications.

Dave # 88
Old 07-12-2002, 09:12 AM
The longest build.....
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Mid-States, 428 Police Interceptor, TKO 5 speed, Jaguar rearend, Trigos, and Guardsman Blue!!!
Not Ranked     
Question like this ??????

creeper,

Just a picture that I found on the web.

Not my GT-500.

I will however replicate this picture once my car is finished.

Cheers,
Bill Cook

Attached Images

www.bluecarministries.com
Old 07-12-2002, 09:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2008 Shelby GT500
Not Ranked     

Pat's hand position during the burn out idicates he is driving using his "third member". He has often been accused of thinking with it, looks like he is now driving with it. Maybe creeper has a piont. NAH. Just good fun.
PatBuckley likes this.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Crendon, windsor 408 stroker, tremec. Also GSX008
Not Ranked     

Turk - change of "briefs"? I thought thongs were self-cleaning, like ovens.

BTW - I still can't get either of those videos to download or play. Someone PLEASE put 'em back up in a format windows stupid media player can understand???
Old 07-12-2002, 11:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Turk, My concern was a people cheering for something irresponsible. I'm not self righteous, unlike you I've seen these things go from from fun to tragedy in seconds. Use your head. Now I'm preaching because you got me angry enough. Did you happen to notice the small little girl as that cobra went smoking by only FEET from the car? It only turns into preaching after you have your fun taking pokes at me. I don't know if it real, your taking pokes or your lack of conern is real. You brag about being irresponsible and that's sad.

Turk I don't know who you think you are but to say I'd commit a crime is just slander. IF some kid keyed my car , which has never happened, the kid goes to jail. So, don't imply I'd take a baseball bat and mangle the kid even though I'd like to. Suggesting others do the same my be just a bunch of guys tough talking. Like guys saying their car is protected by smith and wesson. In all the years hearing guys say that I've never seen anyone take a baseball bat to someone or anyone shoot someone over keying a car. I've seen some held for the police with the threat of a baseball bat.

YOU see Turk I have NEVER and NEVER will take a 2800lb projectile , force it into an uncontrolled state, several feet from woman ,children and dozens of spectators and then try to justify that as safe and attack someone who said it was just plain wrong. Can you say the same?

Talk is one thing actions is another. Was that you jumping up and down cheering as the smokey ERA goes by the little girl and mother?

You take something that was totally wrong on your part and rather than acknowledging that and showing some sort of concern that it was wrong. YOU brag and attack me for not thinking you were so cool for doing something so stupid. You're lucky you had two stupid officers their. Had it been me you would have been in handcuffs and you car would have been impounded. I'm just as angry at the uniformed bozo's who allowed you to do that. Their behavior was embarassing to officers around the country. Had they wanted to let you have some fun they should have suggested you take it elsewhere.

I wasn't looking for some reason to chastise anyone. I looked at the video and was shocked. I then saw person after person cheering in posts and that's what made me make the post. I'm sorry you feel I was LOOKING for someone to chastise. My concern was that people could have be killed. Maybe someone thought the post was cool , so maybe someone thought they could make a cooler video that's how these things get started. One guy does something, then another and another, OH that's what you guys were doing.

Maybe I should mail you some of the pictures of the accident and then you could see where I was coming from. That's something I'll never forget.

How hard is it to take out to a lonely parking lot somewhere? Do your burnouts somewhere else, not in the middle of a crowd. MIDDLE OF THE CROWD that's what concerns me.

Turk you read me all wrong. I only write tickets for the really stupid things. The hot rodders get many passes from me for the little things and get hit hard for the really stupid ones. So, you're safe for that speeding ticket.

And by law we are always on duty in NY. If you're wearing panties on your head now that's a whole different area of law.

Subject is closed for me. I said what I had to say.

Quote:
Originally posted by Turk
This thread bothered me enough to have spent more time on it than I should. But I did. My motivation was folks claiming to be so self righteous that they cross the line between being concerned because they really care and to be seen preaching.
So I went back and did a search.

This is after creeper whom I knew to be a "police officer" claimed he would never commit a crime. I beg to differ.

Taking the law into your hands because some kid "keyed your car" would be a crime. It would not be very becoming of you. Your Chief would regard that to be a abuse of power. Suggesting others to do the same also could be categorized as being "irresponsible".

On another occasion "taking a bat" to deal with a situation could also be regarded as NOT the most responsible thing to do.

You see, creeper...we all have it in us to behave antisocially at times. I could not sit here and tell you that the numerous burnouts performed by many that night were the most responsible thing they ever did, nor can I argue that they were so well supervised that it was 100% safe. I can't do that.

I guess we all do some irresponsible things, once in a while. It is just that we don't look for an opening to chastise others when such an opportunity present themselves.

I am sure you too have done a thing or two, you prefferred your kids or those in here never found out. God knows I have. Many a time I walked away asking myself "WHAT WAS I THINKING"?

I don't know a single soul out there who bought a Cobra because they always drive the speed limit 100% of the time. I doubt it you are the only exception.

Honestly I am not picking a fight with you or trying to pick on you, I am after any hypocrisy that may be laying around your daily activities.

If your criticsm of what we did was purely for your concern for our and the other's safety, I apologize. I just don't think that was the case.

I have to be careful if I ever drive through your jurisdiction, I hate getting a speeding ticket for 2 miles over the speed limit. Are you EVER off duty?

TURK
I thought your concern was insurance!

"It's Gods responsibility to forgive Bin Laden"
"It's our responsibility to arrange the meeting"
United States Marine Corps.

NYPD & NYFD. Gone, but no forgotten.
My Buildpage

Last edited by creeper; 07-12-2002 at 11:53 AM..
Old 07-12-2002, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Oh Boy

Great Asp
Old 07-12-2002, 11:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

ooh bbboooyyy.....is right...hey, its history now and the war is still being fought. kinda like bb vs sb, which colors, which brand...hey eric, YOU started this ...shame on you. leave your camera at home next time or get pics of the 'trophies' instead , and i dont mean the metal and wood variety. LOL...outta here, gotta take the snake for a slither when cameras aren't looking and bystanders are not close by and same with the gendarmes. safe and sane bill, 1st gear and gone ! obey the speed limit and drive safely. B
Old 07-12-2002, 12:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     
Unhappy Your right

Bill,

Correct as usual. I should be slapped with a fine for video taping the act. I thought my tape might make it to "COPS", but instead my action has back fired (no pun intended). I am leading countless down the path of irresponsible action.

I am going to put "proper" mufflers on my Cobra, as I have had several people burn their legs, including me. Also, the loud sound might pop someones ears. YOU CAN NOT BE TOO CAREFUL !

Great Asp
Old 07-12-2002, 12:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Red face

Do I smell smoke - does anybody smell smoke - call 911 and tell 'em we smell smoke and clear out all the women and children...

I'm conducting an official investigation in this irreverant and juvenile behavior resulting in smoke - a lot of smoke now - I can smell it from here clear across the country - somebodies gonna/gotta pay...

Is that GasHole crew at it again? Jaysus...

Old 07-12-2002, 01:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well, I had never heard of anyone wanting to do a burnout in their own driveway--until now that is.
Old 07-12-2002, 01:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Crendon, windsor 408 stroker, tremec. Also GSX008
Not Ranked     

I think a little "balance" is necessary (sigh).

I was there. I saw the whole thing, and where it took place, and the circumstances under which it took place. There was a clear and wide roadway. It even had banks each side for most of the way.
There was no "crowd of spectators" lining the way. Sure, there was a crowd around the rear of the cars (where safer?).
The cars reached no significant speeds, and the drivers were careful not to do so. They stopped well before the end of the roadway, thus giving themselves "escape room".

THE CROWD LOVED IT! And it WAS endorsed by the local cops. And they would not have done that if they felt there was a serious risk.

Creeper - I can fully understand why someone, such as yourself, would be upset by their perception of this. Anyone who has had to deal with real life blood, guts, and aftermath, would lean to that interpretation of the video.
But these were not raw teenage kids beyond their capabilities or tanked up. Turk doesn't even drink for chrissake. None of the drivers there were drinking that I saw - a demonstration of responsibilities called for and answered. The people involved took care to not go beyond the bounds of controllability. A burnout stops instantly when you lift off - high speeds and momentum are not involved.

Earlier, I saw an SUV come down that road, no burnout, just being driven by your average, run of the mill, mom. It was being driven far too fast, despite the fact that it was VERY obvious that large numbers of people were partying, and ended up swerving and braking very hard to avoid some folks.

Yes - you are right to condemm reckless or dangerous driving.
No - your interpretation of this event was not based on being there, just upon what you saw in a video.
The real problem both in the US and the UK is the average joe's lack of observance, awareness, and diligence whilst driving. And probably not knowing what the heck to do if either end of their car ever (heaven forbid) lets go.
Petition your local politicians for better driving school standards, and better public information services about the results of inattention, lack of awareness, car control skills, and plain dumbness. Stop these stupid, government-backed campaigns based solely on "Speed Kills". Far better use of your time than getting het up over what you thought you saw here.

Sorry - thought this was necessary, and I truly hope you never, ever, have to clear up another mess like the one you did.
Old 07-12-2002, 01:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

I am sorry creeper is "angry" at what I did, and more so at what I said. Well, that cuts both ways.
I too am very angry at the heavy handed lecture that accompanied his concern about not being able to get INSURANCE.

I felt all along it was something else. I am not a motorist pulled over by creeper. I am a forum user like him. This is where I don't have to come out of the car where he can see my hands.

We are both civilians, probably husbands and fathers. He does not have an exclusive on being "responsible".

We have taken this off line, because like he just got done scolding me and then telling us he is done with it.
I too will be done with it soon, but not without telling him a few of my own concerns at his comments. T
Then I'll be done with it too.
We are doing so off-line. We dont need spectators for this. People can get hurt. He is calling for back-ups.He'll need it. I have the video rolling. I should be safe.

By the time we get done, he'll either be doing burn-outs with us next year, or I am going to enlist in the Police academy.

TURK
Old 07-12-2002, 02:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

Hey Turk,

How about you go to the Police Academy and teach 'em how to do burnouts.

Hey Creeper,

How about you go to the next DVSF and teach 'em how to be responsible and you can get a double if ya teach them local cops how to be a "by the book no slack" NY copper.

P.S. I spent enough time with police officers when I served - some of the worst drivers on the road - the law doesn't apply to them - ya get pulled over show your ID/badge and 9/10 ya get a courtesy - don't tell me that doesn't happen - it damn well does. I got a pass far too many times. MIght account for my not feeling the need to be sanctomonious when the opportunity presents itself.

I got plenty of stories and bad memories as first on the scene - I didn't have the luxury of just having a peek - I had to scrape 'em up, package and transport the injured and notify the next of kin. Usually three factors were generally present - alcohol, speed and darkness. The related topic on this thread is not in the same league or the same planet.

I tried a little levity earlier and it was still biting at me.
Old 07-12-2002, 03:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 SC
Send a message via AIM to Specialk Send a message via Skype™ to Specialk
Not Ranked     

I just watched the video 4 more times, and I must say it is freaking awesome. Almost like a baby pro stock. Isn't life grand?
Old 07-12-2002, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast. 514 / 6 speed Richmond overdrive
Not Ranked     
Exclamation Cops used to be civilians,.....

But they are becoming like military police, with a *us vs them * attitude...militarized. The founding fathers would be horrified at the propaganda and unconstitutional laws that are being promulgated at this time.

I long for the days (long ago) when cops enforced the once mostly reasonable laws in this country, instead of becoming more like Big Brother.

This possibility was why the founders included the Second Amendment, as a bulwark against just this event. Interesting to see how much this right has been infringed, concurrently !

The "Patriot" act (now there's propaganda for you) is a perfect example...stealing my liberty for supposed safety. What a sham.

This is merely a general statement, not directed at any one cop. Some are no doubt secretly horrified, as I am.
James Madison, father of the Constitution, said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." He also said, "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.standdown.net/index.htm
Old 07-12-2002, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Keith Craft Motor
Not Ranked     
Wink easy there Back in Black

First,

Being a police officer and the proud owner of a Cobra with a 428 in it......Creeper get a life.

What do you have in your cobra? a four banger. Would hate to spin the tires.

Police yourself instead of everyone else, we are all adults and are responsible for our own actions. If you want to get your ticket book and go write people tickets and go for it.

Don't start telling me about how you swept up the inside of someone off the ground cause he got in a wreck. I have also, however we all put ourselves in that position. If you don't like it, don't spend the time downloading the video.
I seriously doubt you have not driven in a unsafe manner while on the job...I doubt it.

Anyway, come to Dallas Texas this saturday, I will being doing a burnout in respect to you ( I might not even wear shoes!!!!!)
Bring your ticketbook so you can police me also.

FOR EVERYONE ELSE-----LIFE IS TOO SHORT----HAVE FUN!!!!

Todd

P.S. Creeper---if you want to email my boss how irresponsible I am----email me and I will send you his address.
Old 07-12-2002, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA535 with 427FE s.o.& toploader
Send a message via AIM to bonyhadi Send a message via Yahoo to bonyhadi
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up line locks, bleech bottles, beer burn outs

guess I will have to get line locks installed for DVSFIII. To bad we don't have video of DV's burnout 10 feet infront of a real Shelby CSX car! Go for it, I am a Goodyear stockholder

LNP, see you caused all this trouble, no hands on the wheel, what were you using to push
the pedals? We could have been at the French Modern Art Exhibit I originally suggested.

Better send Creeper a Gashole hat and make nicey-nice! Don't want to wind up in Upstate
New York and get the Ingleside Police greeting from him.

God Bless America,
daniel
"Shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?" Amos Chapter 3, vs 6
"A prudent man forseeth the evil, and hideth himself: But the simple pass on, and are punished" Proverbs 22, vs 3::

LOL:

Last edited by bonyhadi; 07-12-2002 at 05:05 PM..
Old 07-12-2002, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2180, second one, Roush 427, first one SPF 746, 514 Big Block Strocker
Not Ranked     

on this tread, grownups are behaving like little 5 year olds fighting with 7 year olds. dumdumdum. there has to better things to than this.
Old 07-12-2002, 06:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down Not impressed

Creeper, You are right,
This stuff belongs on the track.

Pat, not very much noise from a BB my little motor drowns that out. And JM's Mustang "Nascar Noise"

Cranky

Last edited by RACER X #99; 07-12-2002 at 06:20 PM..