28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2003, 08:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default New Shelby Cobras??

Well here it goes.What is your opinion about the new Shelby Cobras holding their value.Or losing valve.Do you think it would be an investment or just bragging rights.I see very few for sale.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX Cars
Not Ranked     

All I can say is I love mine and I don't even have the motor yet. As for value we will see down the road. Two were recently purchased up in our area.

Allan
Old 10-17-2003, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1967 GT 350 #2264
Not Ranked     

I am leaning towards getting one after Visiting the Factory, Meeting Shelby and yes, I think they will hold value. I have a 68 Shelby GT 500 now and am thinking about selling it and putting it towards a CSX
Old 10-17-2003, 09:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HI-TECH 289 FIA
Not Ranked     

I sold my 65 GT-350 in 76 to by a Cobra. All I can say is DON'T, unless there is no other way. Once you buy something you like, keep it for ever. Find another way to get the CSX.

SFM5S-421 I miss you, where ever you are.
Rick
Old 10-17-2003, 10:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

With the new 39K Shelby rollers coming out, I don't know what that will do to the values of the "others". I know if I had purchased a glass Shelby a year or 2 ago for a lot more $$, I wouldn't be very happy today! ........well, maybe I would......I'd still be driving a Cobra!
It will be interesting to see what these new rollers do to the rest of the market - not just the other Shelby cars, but the replica's that are out there.....especially the ones selling in that 40K price range (hello SPF). I hear Superformance is changing their prices on their chassis after the 1st of the year............but they are going UP, not down! Who wooda thunk it? (maybe it's an AC influence????)
Old 10-17-2003, 11:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default SPF price increase

TerrysSPF,

If that's true, and SPF is raising their price, I'm very interested to see the results. I personally think it is a very shrewd move. One of the mistakes companies continually make (especially in the Land of the Free, and the home of the discount store) is to drop prices as soon as the competition moves in. No, no, no. If your product is the real deal (meaning high quality) never, never drop your price. It only reduces its percieved value, becomes more common because now the company has to produce higher volume to make the same profit, and thus less desired. Scarcity=demand. The more rare, the more demand. It would be the natural reaction for SPF to drop their prices in effort to combat Shelby, but actually raising their prices COULD serve to position their product as "superior" to Shelby's in spite of the name factor. Whether or not it actually IS superior is another question altogether, but positioning one's product is a huge marketing challenge, and I think SPF would only serve to cut their own throats to get into a price war with Shelby. Kirkham seems to do just fine by producing a high quality product and charging a premium for it. This was true even after the new "real" Cobras hit the market. The big question about Cobra prices will have more to do with the used Cobra market as more cars are produced. Guys like me who are just now reaching a point in our lives to make our dream a reality are just drooling at all the potential great deals. Especially with the economy as it is. I may even hold on another 8 months just to watch the used cobra prices . . . I have a feeling patience will be rewarded.

MTrain
Old 10-18-2003, 12:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

It's all good.

TURK

Don't buy ANY Cobra for appreciation or depreciation in the future
Buy it for IMMEDIATE appreciation.

Damn, I can be so profound at times!
Old 10-18-2003, 12:25 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter FIA style body with Ford suspension, 351W/396 by Southern Automotive
Not Ranked     

Turk - And just what might those times be?

Bumpster
Old 10-18-2003, 05:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     
Arrow

Nothing operates in a vacuum. I understand that the S.African Rand went up 30 percent last week in relationship to the dollar. That would mean that SPF as well as the new Shelbys would have to go up in price, so it will be interesting to see if the Shelbys can keep the projected price in the the monetary realignment. I would think anything coming from there would have to go up, 30% is a pretty big jump to expect any company to absorb and still be profitable.
Old 10-18-2003, 06:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1967 GT 350 #2264
Not Ranked     
Unhappy New Shelby are built where?

Are you saying the new SHELBY COBRA is built in S.Africa?
Old 10-18-2003, 06:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

Yes you didn't know that? The aluminum cars are still made over here and have kirkam bodies on it. The glass cars or $39K rollers are made at the CAV facility in S Africa.....

Matt
2006 Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 10-18-2003, 09:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Aluminum SPF #SPA0001 ,round tube frame, with a shelby 484 CID AL engine,68 GT 500 KR , 4 spd with factory air
Not Ranked     

After looking at more than a few new Shelby CSX 4000 cars, both glass and Al it was clear that the base cars were NOT even close to a few of the better replica mfgs out there. The price to upgrade components left me wondering why. This leaves me to wonder what you get for half the money and what about the owners that spent the money on the glass cars built before this. Also the quality differed alot from the dealers putting his cars together, some were great,some poor, what happens WHEN the man dies, and that will happen someday?
Old 10-18-2003, 09:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You buy a FFR for the 1/3 of the price of Shelby CSX and you can still have a awesome car....You don't have to be a brian surgeon to make that decision.
Old 10-18-2003, 09:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

Or you could buy a Mitsubishi EVO for 1/3rd the price and also have an awesome car......
Old 10-18-2003, 09:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Pat,,,,,,,ouch! Point well taken.

Ernie
Old 10-18-2003, 10:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 SC
Send a message via AIM to Specialk Send a message via Skype™ to Specialk
Not Ranked     

Look what we have here, a brian surgeon!
Old 10-18-2003, 10:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #623 460/4x2
Not Ranked     

I wonder what school you have to go to to become a brian surgeon???
Old 10-18-2003, 10:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Mike,,,,just poking fun.

You don't suppose brian surgeons most likely drive EVO's or FFR's? Ya think?

Ernie
Old 10-18-2003, 10:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 289 fia kmp#325
Not Ranked     
Default Touts opinion

Hi,

I am new on the boards here and was just curious as to Touts reply. He claimed the quality of the Shelby is not comparable to the nicer replica builders. Curious if someone can elaborate on that subject. Is that actually the opinion of others who have seen the Shelby cars?
Old 10-18-2003, 11:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

No question in my mind, but hey, we all have opinons, heres mine.

The new Shelby Cobras out of Africa rate right up there with the best you can buy! The aluminum Shelby Cobra out of Vegas may be the BEST you can buy, period. Possible exception? The Kirkham,,,oh wait,,,,there basically the same car!

Ernie