12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2004, 10:45 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Buzz: Can you include knock off wheels in the picture? I think that would complete it!
Old 01-07-2004, 11:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Love the side pipe addition!!! And the nose opening is MUCH better!

Ernie
Old 01-07-2004, 11:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Buzz,
Nice job but could you tweak it a little more I think this is what the guys really want.

still looking for a real nice photo of an original.

Last edited by RACER X #99; 01-07-2004 at 11:21 AM..
Old 01-07-2004, 11:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Yeah...yeah...yeah....

Me likee now, Buzz.....like someone else posted, round the headlights now, and drop them just a tad.

THIS is a car I would buy, now...

I saw "Rides" on TLC last night and it covered the development of Daisy...too bad the designers didn't have Buzz's input...their version looks like an Audi TT ran into a Healy 3000 after it hit a Nissan 350Z and a Lexus 400SC, and then some doofus picked up all the pieces and hung them on some chassis they dug up somwhere.

I'd vote for Buzz's version any day! You Da Man, Buzz!
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Buzz-
Nice job. Vast improvement!

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
Old 01-07-2004, 12:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Headlights rounded and faired in to maintain aerodynamic profile. Front fender line tweaked some more. We're not trying to recreate an original Cobra so much as we are attempting to capture in this new design the essence of what made the originals so visually appealing. Anyone know the contact emails for the right people at Ford and Shelby? I think once we are done we should send in our suggestions and appeal to them to make a few changes.
I'll keep the original Daisy in the comparo for reference.
Attached Images

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 01-07-2004, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E.R.A. FIA #2088 1964 289 w/Webers
Not Ranked     

Sooooo much better than the original photo. It's begining to take on that menacing mean attitude of the original 427 cars. Great work!!! I hope someone at ford is watching

Are those Ferarri headlights?
Old 01-07-2004, 12:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1019
Not Ranked     

Hey Buzz,

I really like what you've done with tweeking the design.

FYI - Jay Mays is the VP of Design at Ford...

http://www.autoindex.org/news.plt?no=483

Regards,
Randy R...
Old 01-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     
Default That is much better

Buzz,

Great work!

For me the changes to the headlights really give it more curves and add to the sex appeal that the original created. The other great change you made was to the front of the rear fender in bringing it intothe car at the bottom. No need to have a long dress when a mini skirt would do around that tire!

I little more door cut and that would accentuate the muscular look of the back end.

ahhh... did anybody count the rivits on that hood scope!!???
Old 01-07-2004, 02:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Past owner ERA 146, ERA 694 in progress, 428 CJ, toploader
Not Ranked     

Buzz,

Just one thing, did you have a headlight burn out already?

Must be a Lucas lamp.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates work in progress, personally built 302
Not Ranked     

Yeahhh Baaaby!!!!

Listen up Ford!
Old 01-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Hey...

Buzz,
Awsome! Didn't take you long to jump on this one.

IMHO: In addition to what you've already done, I'd like to see just a hair more flare to the front fenders to match and flow with the rear quarters.
Old 01-07-2004, 03:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool Buzz, thats awsome, but that windshield

still needs improvements, From a side view the windshiled frame is much to wide and detracts from the lines of the new Cobra. I also wonder about the ugle verticle back bumpers, They would actually much better if they were verticle.

Morgan
Old 01-07-2004, 04:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF replica, 351W, about 420 HP
Not Ranked     

Buzz: since we are doing sidepipes, its time to change the rear end, and lose the "factory" exhaust exit area.
1. "Fill in" the area below the rear license plate.
2. Lower the license plate.
3. Move the lower/rear edge of the trunk lid, to give it a lower "carryover" height. Like our current Cobras.
4. How about rectangular tail lites? Larger and lower on the car.

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

uhhhhh guys ............They already built that car.................in the 60's..........................

KK
Old 01-07-2004, 05:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF replica, 351W, about 420 HP
Not Ranked     

KKarl: They also built the GT 40 in the sixties, too! But ford IS bringing back the Ford GT, a little longer, taller, better maybe...so maybe Ford can bring back the cobra, a little longer, not too much taller, more aerodynamic probably!! Their "concept" is a nice try, just needs a lot of fine-tuning!!! JMHO!!!

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 01-07-2004, 05:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Edley I agree,.....in part...

I think the new version needs work.....maybe more than a little .....I would like to see a much more agressive style ......I just dont think going back too far towards the original makes a lot of sense.....I believe there is a lot of room for an awesome design going forward..

I have a replica because I love the original too...To me the problem with the new design is it is just too conservative.....

KK
Old 01-07-2004, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, 427SO, it runs
Not Ranked     

Buzz,

HUGE IMPROVEMENT!!! Can you tweak the headlights and front fenders a little?

Somebody please get these before and afters to Ford ASAP!~!!!!!
Old 01-07-2004, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, 302, Tremec 3550. #038
Not Ranked     

Now thats more like it. I like the side pipes with the built in incorporated heat shields. Just enough of the tips stick out so you can tell there still behind it. Whats a cobra without a little chrome. Nice job !!!!! Maybe you could keep the same shape in the roll bars but make them a tad wider. That would help its overall stance from the rear.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't own a Cobra. But love them so much, am Chief Operating Office of a company that builds them.
Not Ranked     

Uhhhhhhhh....guys...... we're just "kit car owners and builders". We don't know jack about nothing. Just ask some of the hoi polloi running the Daisy project.

We common men have loved the virtual lifestyle of this, THE QUINTESSENTIAL sportscar for over 40 years, and WOULD NOT LET IT DIE when "others" walked away from it. We may have "interservice rivalries" about out favorite variant, but let an outsider ( Corvette, Ferrari, etc. ) ping on one of us and we're all ready to close ranks!

Buzz, in one pic you have my attention...that's more than Ford and the herd of minions and the millions of bucks could accomplish combined. YOU'VE DONE SOME REALLY FABULOUS CONCEPT TWEAKING... but we're just a bunch of yokels on the internet.

Someone said on another thread, "If its great, it doesn't need to grow on you". Their chassis made me want to go for a barf bag or put an Audi badge on it. Your variant had me thinking "I gotta have one of those!" Just like in 1967....

Forty years from today the AC 289 and 427 will still be an icon. Left as it is now, I believe this turkey will be no more than a "series 1" footnote. And C.S's 'batting average' will indeed have further slipped from genius to a mere 'right place at the right time'. I didnt think they could redesign an icon. They didn't. But you're well on your way.

I am tucking your effort away as if we ever do a "supercar" or another project we now have in mind, we would like for you to visit us in Kansas City for a few weeks.

With the sincerest respect.... Bob

Bob Lockett, Chief Operating Officer
PREMIER MotorSports, LLC