21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2004, 11:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wow! I didn't know that Nigeria was in the U.S. Now I can get defrauded locally! For a few dollars more, I can probably help him get $35,000,000 out of his great uncle's nuclear power plant account, his great uncle who was irradiated to death only a year ago....

TT
Old 03-03-2004, 11:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     

Calling Mr. Mustang........Bill? Have you bought it yet?

Roscoe
Old 03-03-2004, 11:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley- smallblock grenade w/ the pin pulled
Not Ranked     

Well, two days and 0 bids so far...anyone wanna loan me $1.00 so I can make the first bid? Or maybe a whole $2.00 and I can try to corner the market on both great deals! I promise to repay the loan as I have a substantial inheritance coming to me from my great great uncle, King Sal-ahmee, of the Bal-onie tribe who died suddenly in a camel cart accident.

Last edited by maxrpm; 03-03-2004 at 05:00 PM..
Old 03-03-2004, 12:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: unique 427 302/300hp t/5
Not Ranked     

TAKEN OFF EBAY ALREADY GUYS
Old 03-03-2004, 04:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 S.O. Dual Quad / Cobra undecided
Not Ranked     

I emailed this character and asked why this Big Healy is priced so low. I have restored a Healy 3000 so I do have a clue about them. You can read his response below and take note, his story is almost exactly as Excalibur described earlier in this thread.
Just remember to put your chain mail underware on if you plan on dealing with this guy.

Hello and thank you for contacting me
I will tell you a few words about the car.
First of all the car is fully restored and looks just like in the pictures.It is in imaculate condition and has no schrach on and hasn't been involved in any accident.
The motor runs very well. This is a clasic car that has a lot of the original parts and thr tires are almost new.
The title is clear ,it is not a salvage one.
The car belongs to my brother.He died two weeks ago in a bike accident.
The car is now in Germany as my brother lived there.I am now here as i took care of the funerals.
Because i can't carry all his things back home i am selling them.
I am willing to sell it and shipp it to any of the UE countries or to US.I will not ship to any African,Asian or Eastern European countries.
I know that the price is low but i have no use for the car and I want to get back home as soon as i sell it.
I want to sell the car asap so I am willing to pay 25% of the shipping fees nomatter of the location.
I require a deposit of 3000USD.The money is a reservation for the car.First one who makes the deposit will be the buyer.I need the deposit to be sure that you want the car and in order to proceed with shipping and all the aditional export taxes.
I wait your further questions and i will provide any infos you need.
Thank you
Regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 03-03-2004, 05:04 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default OK guys, here it is

Guys, emailed the seller.
As we suspected, he is in "Germany" and the car can be shipped to the USA. Please see his attached email.

"Hello and thank you for contacting me
I will tell you a few words about the car.
First of all the car is fully restored and looks just like in the pictures.It is in imaculate condition and has no schrach on and hasn't been involved in any accident.
The motor runs very well. This is a clasic car that has a lot of the original parts and thr tires are almost new.
The car is now in Germany as my brother lived there.I am now here as i took care of the funerals.
I am willing to sell it and shipp it to any of the UE countries or to US.I will not ship to any African,Asian or Eastern European countries.
I know that the price is low but i have no use for the car and I want to get back home as soon as i sell it.
I want to sell the car asap so I am willing to pay 25% of the shipping fees nomatter of the location.
I require a deposit of 3000USD.The money is a reservation for the car.First one who makes the deposit will be the buyer.I need the deposit to be sure that you want the car and in order to proceed with shipping and all the aditional export taxes.
Thank you
Regards"

You've got to love these kind of scams.

Old 03-03-2004, 07:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, 427SO, it runs
Not Ranked     

As I said before, same scam, different week. It's always a different dead relative, different foreign country, and different car picture, but everytime this happens, somebody on CC asks if this is for real.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to quebow03
Not Ranked     
Default TOTAL FRAUD

The guy sent me an email after is said I would buy it but wanted to talk to him.... Read this and you can see what he really had in mind. About 1000+ people looked at that car in just a few hours. I'm sure he got a couple hundred emails and maybe a few stupid enough to wire him a few thousand $. Email was as follows:

"Hello and thank you for contacting me

I will tell you a few words about the car..
The car is now in The Netherlands as my brother lived there.I am now here as i took care of the funerals.

Thank you

Regards"

Crazy huh---dan
Old 03-03-2004, 07:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra weber fuel injected 557 C.I.. 800H.P 760LBS. TQ. Magnum T56
Send a message via AIM to MAXVELO
Not Ranked     
Default SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!!!!!

CLAYFOUSHEE,
So since you say this is not a "REAL" auction, does that make it a "REPLICA" auction?
Old 03-03-2004, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK....guys, the same note from the same scammer has now been posted three times in this one thread alone, except the last note changed the country from Germany to The Netherlands, every single other word was the same.

It's also been posted continuously on CC every since I've been here, as recently as 2 weeks ago. Yet, everytime it happens, people still e-mail the crook and still seem surprised and ask if it's real. I honestly suggest that those who have e-mailed the crook make sure they have a nice firewall on their systems.

Therefore, it must still be a successful scam. I would have thought anyone with a computer and a pulse would have heard about the "dead relative in a foreign country" scam by now. It's been prevalent on the internet since at least the mid-nineties.

As always, if it looks too good to be true, it is..........
Old 03-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     
RE: E-Bay there was a guy putting up for bid a new 3550 Tremac- awhile back-I'm looking for a new trans for my car---I submitted a bid and got an immediate "you won the bid"---WTF---for the buy me now price, I could buy one locally for less and not pay shipping--I refused the bid--e-mailed the seller--no response from him, several times, no phone number--e-mailed e-bay--no response--now i get e-mail from e-bay threatening me with being banned if I don't pay the seller---the seller does not respond to e-mail or phone--phone just rings---I'm freeking pissed @ E-bay--f'em
I've bought a lot of stuff off e-bay over the past several years, when I won the bid I immediately paid--now I get this **** from them?--

Go Ahead BAN ME
Old 03-03-2004, 11:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1968 AC COBRA COB 6132, 427 SC Side Oiler the last original AC chassis built for Paramount
Not Ranked     

Clay,

Sorry to be the dumba** to start this thread again, knowing as you do that this is the same scam from before. But I believe that newbies are always coming in and not everyone here reads every post. So I think its important to bring it to everyone's attention so that non of us falls for it. The response indicates that not everyone caught the last scam. For some of the members here there's more to life than just checking into CC every day or watch eBay. For me, I do have another life (my wife disagrees) but I can't seem to stay away from CC or eBay every day. And suckers are born and reborn every minute.

Enjoy the six pleasures of life: Good Health, Good Food, Good Friends, Good Sleep, Good Sex, and Driving your Cobra
Old 03-04-2004, 12:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Good point SPEEDEAMON.

Something like this should ALWAYS be brought to the attention of the Club, well done!

Ernie
Old 03-04-2004, 05:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Speedeamon,

Yours is a very good point. I strongly agree that everytime someone sees something like this, they post it to warn others. That's the reason I was tracking this thread too, to try to help someone from being taken. I apologize if I appeared to be chastising you or anyone else. That was certainly not my intent.

I was also trying to warn people that it might not be a good idea to e-mail these crooks. Giving them your e-mail address could lead to other issues later.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:39 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Clay, chill.

Ernie, excellent point.

And, if it takes three email responses from the bast%rd, then we should post them to show that it is your basic scam.

Thank goodness we are frequent visitors to the CC site and read the posts.

I believe the worst thing that could happen is to have someone get riped off because of this jerk.

Just my $0.49 worth.

Last edited by trularin; 03-04-2004 at 05:43 AM..
Old 03-04-2004, 05:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the advice Trularin. I think we were saying the same thing.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1968 AC COBRA COB 6132, 427 SC Side Oiler the last original AC chassis built for Paramount
Not Ranked     

Thank you Clay, and I also agree that you shouldn't be emailing an idiot like this scammer becasue who knows what he will do or find out about you.

Let's keep our heads together and not get taken by anyone.

Shin

Enjoy the six pleasures of life: Good Health, Good Food, Good Friends, Good Sleep, Good Sex, and Driving your Cobra