Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Cool Cobra tags (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/5652-cool-cobra-tags.html)

Steve Ainsworth 06-19-2001 01:05 PM

I spent a week on and off California's DMV web site trying to find a good tag. Almost everything I wanted was taken. After narrowing it down to four we took a family vote. Ended up with 6KOBRA5.

Finished with the California DMV process last Thursday. Went alot smoother than I anticipated. All the gal that did the underhood inspection wanted to know was what color the car was (titanium). She also made a comment "gee this car has low milage for a 1965".

creeper 06-19-2001 06:01 PM

I got my tags last week.. Now I just have to get the car.. COME ON ALAN GET BUSY!!!!!!!!!:JEKYLHYDE

1BADSNAK

GAP 07-07-2001 12:27 AM

I have registered my Cobra as " A COBRA".
I wanted "21 AGAIN" or AC COBRA but I am only allowed 6 letters in the province where I live.:CRY:
Other options included GORDON, SNK 427 and COB 427.
COBRA, COBRA 1 to 9 were already spoken for.
I intend mounting the plates with regulation black plastic screws that will separate the A and C. An added bonus is that the province is indicated by the letters GP at the end which happens to be my initials. Thus my plate will read "A.COBRA G.P"

RickLee 07-12-2001 09:54 PM

Plates

I am thinking of "CSXTHIS" for my Kirkham

Rick Parker 07-13-2001 01:34 AM

Cool Tags .....a true story

San Francisco is an absolutly gorgeous city with breath taking views but it has one severe problem of auto parking. Steep hills
narrow streets and tall office building that house enormous amounts of the cities workforce. Living close enough to visit on a regular occasion I can attest to the difficulty and expense (I'm sure others can too) in finding or maintaining a regular parking
spot. (This gets better) About 20 years ago is when California first began issueing personalized license plates for use on cars and pickups. Many other states had beendoing this for years as a money maker for their states. It's a good idea and allows us the fredom of expression that we hold so dear. Check This out! The San Francisco Chronicle Newspaper carried a story of a guy who had been arrested after ammassing over a hundred parking tickets, and failing to pay a one of them. He had gotten a personalized plate (tag) that said " NO PLATE "; each time an officer ticketed the car parked illegally, the tag number entered on the ticket was " NO PLATE ". This went on for months until an officer while writing a citation recognized the vehicle as having been on that he wrote up earlier in the same day. He began to get curious and saw that their were numerous citations strewn about the floorboard of the car. He had a "BOOT" put on the tire so it couldn't be driven an began a speedy investigation as to who owned the car. When he radio'd into dispatch (as the story went) he was asked what the tag was. He replied " NO PLATE ". He was told by dispatch that a tag or VIN would be needed to determine who owned the parked car. Well you get the idea. As the story went this guy worked in a building nearby and would often park in expired meters, it seems as though each time the citations went through the system whenever the tag number was asked for in the data bank, the clerk would enter in good faith " NO PLATE "and this guy never got caught for over a year. Yet when they did catch up with him it was "Very Expensive ". Only in America!

Trbl 07-19-2001 12:24 AM

I just bought my Cobra on May 5th and the I got my new plate just a few weeks ago.

My tag is SSMOKEN

GASKETBOY 07-19-2001 11:22 AM

Just got mine

Put it on last night.

THRLRYD

"Thrill Ride"

It sure is. Thanks to whoever had it at DVSFI, I saw it on one of the pic sites.

Jeff

G.R. 07-20-2001 05:19 PM

Cool Cobra tags

A tag I want to use is one I saw on a '63 split window Vette in Ca in '67.
"PNKSLPS?"
G.R.

Don 07-21-2001 06:05 AM

After submitting a number of the very traditional choices that were already taken, finally selected:

CB 427

Surprisingly, or not, most know what it means

Jack21 07-25-2001 08:40 PM

At a local shopping mall one can buy license plate brackets that say anything you want.

Have one that says, "Friends, don't let friends drive Chevy's".

Another that says, "This is not your fathers Thunderbird".

mickmate 07-27-2001 07:01 PM

Saw DNGRZN on a blown Olds on e-bay at the mo.

plumbcrazy1 08-04-2001 10:34 PM

cool cobra tags

I have enjoyed reading all of these great tag ideas. In PA there is an 800 number you can call to check on tags......I will happily dig it up for anyone who is interested. Because I am a woman and the cobra seems like such a "Man Car" I am always asked or told how nice it was for my husband to LET me drive his car. so I have come up with these ideas

QUIK-CHK
460GIRL
ALLGIRL
WILD-WMN
AINT-HIS

If anyone has any other ideas I am open for suggestions to check on. Anyone is the Philadelphia area?

Thanks,
Dawn

Mike Madonna 08-05-2001 04:22 PM

Hi Dawn!

Welcome to Club Cobra.......

If you have that 800 number I'd appreciate it. I'm in the process of getting mine "legal". I presume that you (and your husband) have your A&C titled & registered? If so, any imput regarding that aspect would be appreciated... just send me an e-mail, if you wish. I live in Parkesburg, about an hour West of Philly or 1/2 East of Lancaster. Thanks :)

plumbcrazy1 08-05-2001 07:33 PM

cool cobra tags

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. The 800 # is as follows....1-800-932-4600
listen to the automated junk and then pick the licensing one. They have been quite helpful. In PA you can have 7 characters AND a hyphen (ie..plm-krzy) I have found that after 4:30 is best. Their other # is 1-717-391-6195 but why spend money?

We are actually VERY close to each other. I live in Downingtown. I know a few other people with cobras in the area. As far as titling and registering your car.........what a PA nightmare! I went through Titles Unlimited and had everything done in a weeks' time. No pictures...no waiting 3 months. I can help you out on that if you like. Have you done anything about that part yet? Is your car finished? Have you ever been to the car show at Faulkner's in West Chester? I will be going for the first time this Friday. Email me and we can exchange info, etc. hope this helps

Dawn Plumbcrazy1@aol.com or Snakebit460@aol.com

plumbcrazy1 08-05-2001 07:41 PM

hey Mike........this car is mine.........My husband has his own by LA Exotic. It has been on the road for 4 summers. His is blue and mine is Plumb. We couldn't have just one.......we have 2 kids.....no one ever wanted to be the one to stay home........and I always wanted to drive...............problem solved. When his was titled we just walked into the notary handed her our pictures etc and walked out with a tag....it has sure changed since then.

Dawn

Rick Young 08-10-2001 03:03 PM

I built an LAExotics in 1994 but didn't get around to a vanity plate until last year. You are all correct in how difficult itis to find something appropriate in California.

I finally ended up with "CRZN 427 ".

A friend has "SNAKEN"

Nick Chelenza 08-11-2001 05:29 PM

Tags

I like ADIOS or AMF

Cobra65 08-12-2001 10:32 PM

Says it all... COBRA

Cobra8u 08-12-2001 10:46 PM

COBRA 8U IN CALIFORNIA.

MRITTER 08-15-2001 02:17 PM

Got mine the other day.

66 COBRA.