LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2007, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None
Send a message via AIM to PE Cobra
Not Ranked     
Cool Weber Look A Like Fuel Injection!

Just got a chance to see and drive the new Dynatek classic fuel injection. It's not just another 8 stack injection that gives the appearance of the Weber look, it actuall gives the exact appearance of a Weber 48 I.D.A. system! It has no fuel rails, no visible injectors and has I.D.A. stock type velocity stacks. The electronics are simple,but extremely effective. The system actually learns,and adjust as you drive from the base mapping. Pricing seemed right. This unit has the exact Weber look with out the hassles! Gotta love it! For more information on this product check it out at www.dynatekracing.com you'll be happy you did!
Eric @ Performance Engineering,LLC
Old 06-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Eric,
Get me some pricing man... and find that 351W that's at some depot somewhere
Old 10-11-2007, 11:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427" 351W
Not Ranked     

The injection shown on the site is Webers. No fuel rails, no injectors, no return line. (injection doesn't work without a return line) They say the cpu is self adjusting, all engines have different requirements and need to be setup with the computer, it doesn't "self adjust" to a multitude of engines. They have been saying 60 days out for production for the past few months. When something seems to good to be true, it generally is.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorconstr
The injection shown on the site is Webers. No fuel rails, no injectors, no return line. (injection doesn't work without a return line) They say the cpu is self adjusting, all engines have different requirements and need to be setup with the computer, it doesn't "self adjust" to a multitude of engines. They have been saying 60 days out for production for the past few months. When something seems to good to be true, it generally is.
1. Not all fuel injection needs a return line. I know for a fact that the 91-94 saturn s-series have a returnless injection system, as i am sure there are MANY others but I have lots of experience working on S-series saturns.

2. The injectors are inside the housings of the carbs that you see, hence the wires protruding from them.

3. The fuel rail is made to be the carb, hence the input for fuel.

4. Prices starting at $5995, not too bad I guess for FI webers.

It's meant to NOT look like injection! guess it works! lol The cpu could adjust based on A/F ratios. I'm sure it will come in some form of limp mode for startup. the electronics portion sounds kinda iffy though. As far as time, it's always better to release somehting 2 months after it's supposed to than release a product that isn't ready and have customers unhappy. Which is why it's always best to just say.. COMING SOON!

Dynatech is about 70 miles from my house.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DIY Coupe, F/T ,MkIV.
Not Ranked     
Smile

Quote:
They also say 'Computer Managed Returnless Fuel Line', maybe they know something you dont, there is no reason that this would not work where the fuel was returned from a seperate hidden pressure canister that also had the four pressure lines to the 'Weber' throttle bodies.
Eric says he drove the car, so I assume that it works - a pic down one ram tube to show a venturi free non restricted bore would clear up the doubt. My only concern was that it could handle up to 500 HP, I would want it to be able to cope with a bit more airflow to enable more than that.

Jac Mac
Old 10-11-2007, 12:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports, Southern Automotive 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Wow...that is a beautiful set up. That would look very cool on my cobra......if I had the extra cash! Pretty penny but I am sure it is worth it.

I was just watching "horse power" TV this past sunday and they had a fuel injection system that looked like a carb. They were installing it in a 66charger. It had no return fuel line and you had to run their fuel pump in conjunction with the mechanical fuel pump. They said it couldn't handle over 500 HP without a return line however. They too claim that the system self tunes but that you can plug a lap top in if you want via a USB port to tune as well. The A/F sensor is what "teaches" the program.

Here is a quote from their web site:

Horse Power TV Episode Description Here
Retrotek Speed
Web: www.retrotekspeed.com
Phone: 951-737-2006
-BOSS EFI 750 CFM polished finish returnless fuel system.
-Optional upgrade with 1200 CFM throttle body, must run return style fuel system.

Last edited by khansmith; 10-11-2007 at 12:50 PM..
Old 10-11-2007, 01:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

You can have a dead head EFI system. Lots of manufacturers use them - including my 2001 Dodge truck. But there are some drawbacks. Can't handle high hp apps unless you use a huge fuel log. Cause the fuel to pulse, and makes the injection erratic. Also, a deadhead system is more likely to experiance vapor lock.

Newer EFI systems can "learn" a tune. You have to enter a base tune, and then tell the computer what you want the the target EFI to be. Using a wide band sensor, the computer will write it's own map based on the parameters you give it. Stock EFI does the same thing, but on a much narrower scale.

Laptop tuning is important for things like post start enrichment, accelerator pump, closed/full throttle, fan control, etc. The computer does a lot of stuff.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

stuff, but still 10X more than a good carb.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Alum bodied CSX4266, fuel injected alloy 472, 663 hp Engine built by Dralle. Suspension by Tom Barnard
Not Ranked     

I'll stick with my TWM's. They have been PERFECT!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The L32 supercharged 3800 GM engine used in 2004+ models is a dead head. The ecm adjusts the fuel pump power to adjust pressure and flow. System works fine in our (non cobra) kit cars when the factory fuel pump is used. And the matched injectors are used. I would not be afraid of the system, but would want to use the same fuel pump they built the system around. Assuming it works like the GM system does.
RP
Old 10-11-2007, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

Quote:
The injection shown on the site is Webers. No fuel rails, no injectors, no return line. (injection doesn't work without a return line).
No, it's not Webers, it's their injection setup. It doesn't use rails or visible injectors. And you can definitely have a returnless fuel injection system, many companies have been doing it for years, including most 99-up Fords.

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241
Old 10-12-2007, 06:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This ain't Webers but they DO look good.

I would be very skeptical of the claims. These things are never a bolt on, no tune, application. I have two friends within stones throw who started with stack injection and tore them out to replace with carbs after months of frustration trying to get them even close to running satisfactory.

And of course we all know you can improve your fuel economy by 300% by going to EFI. Oh, and then there's that nasty "Cylinder Wash Down" that has destroyed so many carbed engines in the past.

# No programming or dyno tuning required
# Self-learning computer system automatically defines fuel tables
# Substantial horsepower and torque improvements over conventional carbureted systems.
# Improved throttle response
# System works with all ignitions from points to magnetos
# Computer managed returnless fuel system systems of up to 500hp.
# Fuel econoniy improvements of nearly 300% on some carbureted engines.
# Improved engine life; elimination of cylinder wash down associated with carbureted engines.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 427 Side-Oiler
Not Ranked     

Horsepower limited
Still have air cleaner/clearance issues
Deadhead fuel system
alledged "self-learning computer"

And still won't make anymore HP than a PROPERLY set up carb.

and as someone else mentioned,at least 5X the coast of a good carb.

It must be magic!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:23 AM
CC Member / Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Eric,

I see alot of skepticism here, I guess alot of these member here know about everything coming out new on the market. I have used Roush motors with stack fuel injection systems and yes they do need some recalibration. Most of us know who makes that system I'm all for new and finding the best efi for my customers. Sounds like Dynatek and Performance Engineering are moving forward and not backwards when it comes to efi.

Keep up the good work and look forward to my self adjusting efi. Again the Ney sayers raise their ugly heads.

Bill

www.gcperf.com
Old 10-12-2007, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ney sayers = realists.

"best " is subjective.Best for their application?Best for their plans?Best for their wallet?Best what?

Several of their claims about the system is utter BS.They claim more HP.More HP than what?A Motorcraft carb with 200,000 miles on it?Sure.But a properly sized & set up modern quad-NO.
Cylinder washdown?Again are they comparing this to a 200,000 miles Motorcraft carb?

The sales pitch wreaks of snake-oil.But that's appropriate for a Shelby site.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 545" stroked 460 - sold
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrabill
The sales pitch wreaks of snake-oil.But that's appropriate for a Shelby site.
Sheesh, following all these posts and no one hardly ever gives their real opinion. I wish posters would get off the fence and spell out what they actually think. Oh, well...
Old 10-12-2007, 02:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR # 165 392 Ford Crate 430HP
Not Ranked     

I am willing to settle this once and for all.... send me a setup and I will try it for free, if it works out I will put the nay sayers to rest.. PS I won't charge for testing system for you..
Old 10-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Dang, trs900 beat me to it.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by trs900
I am willing to settle this once and for all.... send me a setup and I will try it for free, if it works out I will put the nay sayers to rest.. PS I won't charge for testing system for you..

Are you saying it will give you an increase in fuel mileage and HP?

There are a myriad of reasons to go the FI route.Just as there are a just as many reasons NOT to.This thing is being promoted as the"end all & be all "fuel delivery system.It isn't.

Last edited by Cobrabill; 10-12-2007 at 04:41 PM..
Old 10-12-2007, 05:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 758 KC Pond 482
Not Ranked     

I volunteer to be the FE lab rat. KC hasn't started my motor yet but will soon. This is a limited time offer!