LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 09:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Roadster, 418W
Not Ranked     

Here is mine:
terry251 Gallery - Club Cobra Photo Gallery
I never saw an SC on the street back in the 60's. They were track only out here in Colorado.
Street is Neat!

Terry
Old 01-30-2008, 09:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of Superformance Cobra. Engine is Coast High Performance "Cobra Classic" 427 stroker
Not Ranked     

For sale:
PhotoPost Classifieds - Superformance MK III Street Version - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

Last edited by sp1410; 01-30-2008 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: photo
Old 01-30-2008, 10:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP, Keith Craft
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtmart View Post
Saltytri

Pics are great. I'm curious, I took delivery in early '07 got KMP 216 just like yours only with the oil cooler front scoop. When did you order your car to get 396?
You in So. Cal? Looks like the background in your pics.

KurtMart
The car was delivered in Spring of 2005. I'm in "southern" alright but it's Oregon rather than California.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None yet!
Send a message via Yahoo to aks801
Not Ranked     

This thread is turning out great, thanks everyone!

On the rollbar: I'm sure it is anathema for most Street-ers to include the rollbar, since it is a big part of what gives the street car its look. I struggle with the idea myself. I like the looks of the car without the bar in a big, big way. I think someone here said smooth and clean, and that sums it up. However, I also wonder about possibly flipping it sometime, and I sure would be lovin' the rollbar about then. So, who knows?

Thanks again for all the contributions.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Alan,

I share your concerns about the roll bar. That's why I like the Olthoff bar. It appears to be a real stout bar that would work. It is a good bit higher than my head, and set back a bit. That's good because I don't want my head hitting it if I get rear ended. It doesn't interfere with my removeable hardtop!!! The bar doesn't have the "comp" look. To me it looks more like what an owner of an original "street" version would have put in his car if he wanted a bar.

I like my hood scoop, but I agree that the car would have a "cleaner" look without it.

Another detail... look at the gauge layout on the dash. It is different than the SC versions. The speedometer and tach are located differently than the SC. The original street versions were like that. I like it.

As I said in my earlier post, there are days that I wish I had the sidepipes. They are cool. However, in my case, I know I get more real world use out of the car without them. My car is not a trailer queen - I bought it to drive. My wife and I are going for a drive in the North Georgia mountains Saturday and stopping at a nice place for brunch. Before I bought the car, she checked out a version with the pipes and didn't like them. Said she wouldn't get in the car if I got them. So truthfully, my decision to forego the pipes wasn't just mine. But in retrospect it was a good decision. If I buy another Cobra it will be another "street" version.

Alan, there really isn't a right or wrong decision here. It truly is all good. Cobras were and are the greatest sports cars ever built (says me). A "Cobra Day" is a great day.

Jack
Old 01-31-2008, 07:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None yet!
Send a message via Yahoo to aks801
Not Ranked     

K-Jack: great words, thanks. I may have to check out the Olthoff bar some more.

One of the main reasons I want the under-car exhaust is that I have a gaggle of young kids at home. I'd hate to come rolling up and have them gather around then get burned. So, this negates that possibility. That thought is really what has lead me to strongly consider the whole street approach.

I'll probably go with the comp dash layout (reverse speedo in center of dash...) only because I like it. Again, one more thing that can be decided come go-time.

The ability of each car owner to go for the look that he or she wants, while for the most part staying with a common general theme, is a strong plus to me. This contrasts, say, with some of the Vette crowd that goes for the total authenticity approach. Some of those folks end up being hyper-critical, and to me take some of the joy out of these toys. Guess that's why everyone ends up finding the hobby that works for them.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz/SBC/Jag
Not Ranked     

I had side pipes on mine, but they have been taking up space in my shed for many years and will never go back on the car (at least not while I own it). I have very short legs and making it over them is downright treacherous for me.
The car did lose some ground clearance with the under car exhaust though. Mine has the street car dash layout also. The downside is that the tach is hidden from view to a large extent. It's visible enough on the business end though.

We come into this world naked, screaming, and covered in blood. With dedication and a little planning, you can go out the same way.

View my overflow Gallery (much more to come !)
Old 02-03-2008, 09:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR with a 345-horse 302 Crate Engine
Not Ranked     

This is pretty much a test to see if I can post non-thumbnail pics...

From my preview it looks like I succeeded.

Whew!
Old 02-03-2008, 10:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz/SBC/Jag
Not Ranked     

Great pictures Jim !

I keep threatening to paint my car red, and thats the exact red I picture in my head every time.

We come into this world naked, screaming, and covered in blood. With dedication and a little planning, you can go out the same way.

View my overflow Gallery (much more to come !)
Old 02-03-2008, 11:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of Superformance Cobra. Engine is Coast High Performance "Cobra Classic" 427 stroker
Not Ranked     

Jim, your car looks EXCELLENT!
Old 02-03-2008, 12:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five chassis/Mr. Bruce slabside
Not Ranked     
Talking under car exhaust

Here are a few shots as she sits now. Pardon the background.

This spring I'm removing the hood scoop and the SC filler cap and replacing withthe street cap.
John O

Last edited by jolsen42; 02-03-2008 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: added pics
Old 02-03-2008, 12:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 #2101
Not Ranked     

I wanted as original (short of a slabside) as I could get. Hence my BRG ERA FIA has no roll bar, no hood scoop, but has bumpers and wire wheels. My feeling was to have what Shelby wanted -a souped up British roadster
Old 02-03-2008, 04:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wow, that's a very nice car!
Old 02-03-2008, 06:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Aurora
Not Ranked     
Default 289 Slab side

Better Shots are on my profile but not alot better. I'm a mechanic not a photographer!
Attached Images