Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2014, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Default Just a note

The fastest pass time by Richard was on the seventh pass. The Dodge driver had made many passes but couldn't reach that time. Richard learned quickly about letting it roll start and then nail it.

Jay

Run & Gun participant 1998-2005
Old 07-16-2014, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
Lets see what it runs on stock tires, which makes all the difference, take your cobra down the track on BFG radials, then on drag radials, the difference could be seconds, plural, cool car...
The OEM tires on the Challenger are far, far superior to the BFG T/A tires you can get for the Cobra. I would bet you would get plural seconds just going from a T/A to a 17" or 18" Pilot Sport Cup or similar.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Just read an article stating the pricing for the HellCat is to start about the mid $60Ks and dealers should start taking orders in August or September. Wonder if Dodge will give them their 100,000 mile warranty? Whole lotta HP for relatively low bucks.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:48 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

There was a thread started earlier than this one with cool vids.

Pricing Announced for 2015 Dodge Challenger SRTŪ 392 and Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat : driveSRT News

Here

Old 07-18-2014, 07:00 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

But when it's all over, it is STILL a Dodge!!! Now just a better, faster FIAT!

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 07-19-2014, 07:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Stormy, I started this 7/11 and lack the skills, knowledge, and desire to have attached the video I saw. Just thought it would interest some of the car guys since 707 is a pretty impressive number. Wonder if maybe its not a low-ball just to ward off any false advertising overstatment claims.

At the time, I had not seen the 7/01 post over in the Lounge but probably would have posted anyway for the AZ readers that don't venture into the New Posts area.

Last edited by Karl Bebout; 07-19-2014 at 07:32 AM..
Old 07-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Bebout View Post
Stormy, I started this 7/11 and lack the skills, knowledge, and desire to have attached the video I saw. Just thought it would interest some of the car guys since 707 is a pretty impressive number. Wonder if maybe its not a low-ball just to ward off any false advertising overstatment claims.

At the time, I had not seen the 7/01 post over in the Lounge but probably would have posted anyway for the AZ readers that don't venture into the New Posts area.

No problem I know when new ads for '60's cobras come up there is always duplicate posts. But check out the other thread in few days because I had about a 20 minute conversation with the chief at SRT(CEO) that I might post about when time allows.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Stormer, look forward to read what youse guys talked about. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just read another strip test on the Hellcat and was dismayed to see that its weighs in just under 4500#s! Whatta PIG! Shave 1000#s and imagine. The author also said he got only 9 1/2MPG on his accumulated 150 mile test run around town. Thirsty boy but he did say that the tires had considerably less tread than when he started so, at least he admitted to doing what most of us would have: Smokem' if ya gottem'. His take was interesting in that Dodge didn't try to make anything other than a muscle car beast, and it sounds like they scored. I like the styling and the pictures of the interior looked far superior to the newer Camaros and at least, to me, as good looking as the super 'Stangs. Don't get me wrong: I'm a died in the wool Chevy power guy and a lover of the Cobra styling, but this Dodge...
Old 07-24-2014, 01:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Vette suspension, Baer 6P brakes, 540 cid Chevy, Haltech Fuel Injection
Not Ranked     

Karlos,

The wife is now wanting the hellcat badly, since I totalled her SRT8. We will see where this goes and I'll keep you informed. Looks like fun!
Old 07-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Stormer, look forward to read what youse guys talked about. Thanks.

Sorry I spent a few extra days in Moab Utah and have not been posting much.

Didn't expect to see most of Canyonlands & Arches National Parks. Actually I haven't slept much when my children are sleeping because I'm going over designs and making my own sketches in the middle of the night. Had to make a pit stop in Sedona this weekend. Most of the conversation was educational on my part and I tried to explain to him how Jaguar, Ferrari & now Aston Martin are doing custom order work through their special-ops divisions and making more money this way instead of building more "standard cars". Some of the intel has been released this week like why the hellcat engine won't fit in the Viper and #00001 serial number will be a special build going up for auction.
I gave him a few request/ideas and his department has sent me some hand sketches. If you want I will get into more detail later.

Have a great weekend.

Quote:
Just read another strip test on the Hellcat and was dismayed to see that its weighs in just under 4500#s! Whatta PIG! Shave 1000#s and imagine. The author also said he got only 9 1/2MPG on his accumulated 150 mile test run around town. Thirsty boy but he did say that the tires had considerably less tread than when he started so, at least he admitted to doing what most of us would have: Smokem' if ya gottem'. His take was interesting in that Dodge didn't try to make anything other than a muscle car beast, and it sounds like they scored. I like the styling and the pictures of the interior looked far superior to the newer Camaros and at least, to me, as good looking as the super 'Stangs. Don't get me wrong: I'm a died in the wool Chevy power guy and a lover of the Cobra styling, but this Dodge...
The old Challenger was a beast too, but somehow they did build a Challenger resembling the old one. As Jamo noted nice touch because it's the only one that did it. Charger no resemblance what-so ever. As another noted no one will be carving back country roads in it but it can be a true daily ride in any area of the country.