28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 11:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Black CSX 4910, Roush 511 8 stack
Not Ranked     

You will be the first I call although you will have to get in line behind my wife, family and employees that want to watch me make a fool of myself!
Old 10-14-2008, 12:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None yet, that's why I'm here.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoooky View Post
Anthem wanted to see what it could do.
This car will snap your neck, that I know. It does have some big power.
Spooky, I went by Anthem today for the first time.
Saw your car in the showroom - very nice.

Talked at length with Charlie, seemed to be full of knowledge.

The fever increases.....

I'd rather be a gun-runnin' Right-Wing Nut-Job than a Liberal with no nuts and no job.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 65' SPF (511 CID) FE 427 Alum Block Shelby /Roush 600hp-625fpt sideoiler
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the compliment. I wish I had it. It is definitely fun to drive.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 FFR MKII STROKER 514
Not Ranked     

It Was Finally Good To Put A Face To The Name Csx4910 Last Saturday Night!
Spooky, It Sucks To Not Have Your Car And I Am Sorry To Not Have You Running Up To Laughlin Next Weekend!
I Am Thinking About Taking My 514 To Anthem And Have Them Put It On The Dyno Just Not Sure How Soon.
Got Rid Of The Small Block And I Love The Big Block And All That Damn Hp!!!

Time For A Bunch Of Us To Go To The Drag Strip On A "run What Ya Brung" Friday At Firebird Or A Saturday At Speedworld, I Think That Would Be Some Great Video Of Some Shelby's Side By Side!!!

If You Don't Enjoy It, What Good Is It?

Jim
Old 10-17-2008, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     

Jim, Anthem is the right place to get yours Dyno Tuned. Takes quite a while and many pulls and not cheap but it is the best way to maximize your tune. By the way, Anthem is moving late Oct or early Nov. You had better call for appointment. 623-879-0930.

AZ Bob
Old 10-17-2008, 07:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 65' SPF (511 CID) FE 427 Alum Block Shelby /Roush 600hp-625fpt sideoiler
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Still No car guys or No word. I'm going to call Anthem on Monday to see where things are at. The motor was supposed to be out this week and shipped. My bet is that neither has happen yet. Another week lost with this great weather. I just hope that Roush has a quick turn around. If anybody has some pull with Roush the help would be appreciated for a quick turn around.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Roush is going to test your patience...but they'll get it done. My car was out of commission for three months while the guy who did my install analyzed the problems (leaking oil galley plugs) and got authorization from Roush to do the work and replace the clutch. The same installer had to send someone else's motor back to Roush to get it rebuilt and it must have taken 5 months to get it done.

Stay on them and hold them to a completion date.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 10-17-2008, 08:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Doug,

That doesn't get my hopes up but you better believe if that motor isn't out I'll be all over them. That is why I wanted to give them a week with out a call to see their desire in customer service.

Tim
Old 10-17-2008, 09:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None yet, that's why I'm here.
Not Ranked     

When I was there Monday, I did not realize the motor was coming out of your car.
When I complimented you on it, I was well aware that it was fully assembled.
Hope they did something on it since late Monday, as it was still untouched....

I'd rather be a gun-runnin' Right-Wing Nut-Job than a Liberal with no nuts and no job.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     

Tim, I was there Wednesday. Your motor was out and shipped, according to Paul. John will do right by you. He is a good guy, so is Charlie.

AZ Bob
Old 10-18-2008, 01:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob,

That is great news. I know that those guys are great. I have a good relationship with them at Anthem. You just have to stay on things. You know how it is. Now it Roush's turn.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well Charlie called me this evening and told me that the freight company Roush uses came to get my motor. It's off to Michigan with it. I asked if he knew how long they expected to have it and he wasn't sure. Patience I guess. Spoooky isn't going to be out for Halloween that's for sure.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just keeping everyone up to date. I haven't' heard a word on my motor from Roush. They have it, that's for sure. Anthem hasn't heard anything either. Hate the waiting game.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoooky View Post
Just keeping everyone up to date. I haven't' heard a word on my motor from Roush. They have it, that's for sure. Anthem hasn't heard anything either. Hate the waiting game.
Stinks to have to wait.

What's your bowling average?

Hope a chukle helps!

E
Old 11-03-2008, 08:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Spoke to Todd Andrews live this morning from Roush, what a great guy. I asked him if he knew anything about my motor? He said that they have it and is expecting for the motor department to jump on it really soon. He told me that he would call back later this afternoon with an update to what they found and estimated turn around time. Good day so far!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold Backdraft #488 Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

Spoooky, I dealt with Todd Andrews throughout the replacement of my 402R to the new 427R (see my thread Roush is replacing my motor)Roush is replacing my motor.
He was great to deal with and did everything he said he was going to do. From my experiences dealing with Todd his main objective is to make everything right.
I hope they get your motor back to you soon.
Best of luck
Peter
Old 11-04-2008, 10:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well Todd Andrews from Roush called me back this afternoon to give me an update. They have got my motor torn down and are fixing the problem. He told me that it should be back in Phoenix in about a week and a half. That means I should be back on the road by Thanksgiving, I hope. What a great guy and company.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

Got a call from John at Anthem late this afternoon and he told me that Roush has my motor apart and are going through it. No answers yet to what they found but the good new is that they will be shipping it back to Phoenix sometime next week and I should be back up and running in about 2 to 2.5 weeks from today. Pretty good in my book so far. I'll keep you all posted as to what they found that caused the smoking when you put your foot into it a bit.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 Mass-Flo mild race engine
Not Ranked     

Spooky, The Best Thing That They Could Have Done Was To Give You A Brand New Engine Period....the Rest Is Bull In My Opinion Or They Should Put A Few Extra New Parts In The Box Shipped Back To You For Your Time And Aggravation....dave....p.s. Not Kidding Either....
Old 11-14-2008, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

Got great news this morning from Todd Andrews at Roush. He called me this morning and told me exactly whats going on... In the short of it. I'm basically going to have a new motor. They are putting all new pistons, rings and beehive springs. This will bring the compression up a bit from 10:1 and stop that little smoke that all FE's seem to do. My motor is serial #3 and was one of their first Shelby Aluminum block builds and since then they have made vast improvements internally. Todd says I'll just love it and it will be even more responsive. Can't wait 2 weeks!!!