Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 10-12-2009, 03:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default ISIS update

I've finally put a bit of time into the wiring - it's easy to get side tracked when there's so much to do. Anyway the wirings almost finished and I'll know soon when I connect a battery if my efforts just go up in smoke!!

This is the Mastercell monted on a hinged plate in the passengers footwell. The 2 connectors receive earthed signals from the various switches and send the message via a CAN cable (yellow connector) to a Powercell module at the front or rear of the car to switch on the the appropriate circuit.

The front Powercell module is mounted on the front of the passengers footwell. The red cables supply current to the module and the yellow connector provides the switching signals. the the outputs go to the front wiring loom via the top white connector.

The rear Powercell is mounted in the boot on the shelf behind the passenger. The red wires supply power from the 4 fusible links on the left. 2 supply the front module and 2 supply the rear. The coil of wires to the right are unused circuits. There are 20 circuits available with the system.
The next step is to take the brave pills and add a battery to the system!!

Last edited by Pecal; 10-12-2009 at 01:47 PM..
Old 10-12-2009, 03:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default OOps

I need a few more lessons in posting pics...
Old 10-12-2009, 04:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #100 under construction
Not Ranked     

So Pecal, is it as simple as it looks ?
I ordered mine last week and I'm hoping that it goes fairly well as I'm a bit of a dill when it comes to volts, amps & stuff ( well I really just bit of a dill if it comes to that! )
Am looking fwd to your results in it.
Rog246
Old 10-12-2009, 04:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Peter, just go into your gallery and under image details, click on the different files sizes. This will change the links below the image, which you can copy/paste into another window where you're editing your original post (eg, have 2 web browsers open).

I'm still keen to check out your car one weekend - looks like good progress is being made.

Cheers

Paul
Old 10-12-2009, 01:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Sambo.
Rog246, The installation is not too bad. I found that mounting the modules and fuse block took a lot of time - the wiring is pretty straight forward. I didn't integrate the engine wiring loom fully into the ISIS system so I have a couple of relays and fuses for the EFI, fan and fuel pump (although ISIS switches the fuel pump relay).
Old 10-12-2009, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecal View Post
Thanks Sambo.
Rog246, The installation is not too bad. I found that mounting the modules and fuse block took a lot of time - the wiring is pretty straight forward. I didn't integrate the engine wiring loom fully into the ISIS system so I have a couple of relays and fuses for the EFI, fan and fuel pump (although ISIS switches the fuel pump relay).
Hi Peter, looking good. Hope you dont need too many fuses to "debug" the wiring. I had a great one with my loom, whenever I hit the Horn, it would blow a fuse and my EFI Relay wiring was wrong - problem was the only two wires in my loom that were the same colour code were crossed over - murphy's law.

One question that comes to mind was regarding immobiliser etc. I think the ADR says a min of two circuits. If you are using the ISIS as an immobiliser but havent integrated the eng loom, what two circuits are you using? Just thought I'd ask, I am sure you have it under control.

Rgds

Gregg

Last edited by gjkrv8; 10-12-2009 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: cant type
Old 10-12-2009, 11:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If you're hoping to use the ISIS unit as your immobiliser, make sure it complies with ADR 82. Scroll down this page for more info.

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roa...dr_online.aspx

Failing that, I can recommend the Mongoose M80 for $200 which is ADR approved with a 3 point immobiliser, shock and microwave sensors plus boot/bonnet/handbrake kill switches and a well designed keyfob.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #95, 302 HO
Not Ranked     

From my understanding Isis will immobilise both ignition and starter circuits when security is on. That is how mine is set up.

Bob
Old 10-13-2009, 01:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Gregg, The immobiliser function in ISIS controls Ignition, Starter and Fuel pump. Hopefully the Engineer is convinced with the security the system offers. I will feel blessed if I only blow a fuse or 2 during power-up. As long as there is no smoke involved I'll be happy.

Peter
Old 10-13-2009, 10:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodnas View Post
From my understanding Isis will immobilise both ignition and starter circuits when security is on. That is how mine is set up.

Bob
So Bob have you finished the wiring up yet ??
Rog
rog246
Old 10-14-2009, 12:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rog, Unfortunately work is taking up too much of my time at the moment.

All wiring to load cells is complete - needs to be tidied up

All wiring for dash is roughed in

Wires to Mastercell roughed in. I was able to keep all Mastercell wiring to the one connector.

Need to install the dash, connect it all up and test.

I have done nothing yet with the EMS other than to allow for power for the computer.

Cheers Bob
Old 10-14-2009, 07:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Hey Bob how are you going to organize your seat belt warning system ?
Can we use Isis to do that ?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rog, Just answered this on your other thread. Didn't see this one.

Yes you can program an output for this light to turn on for a set period of time. Only problem I see is that you have to dedicate one complete circuit for this light. I used the timer from Snakebite connected to ignition power. I do still have a couple of spare circuits left though after connecting everything.

Bob
Old 10-14-2009, 08:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pecal, Did you run all your switch earths separately from the load earths?

Bob
Old 10-14-2009, 09:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob thanks for that. was kinds hoping that option would be available to me. I'm hoping ISIS will save me some $'s by being able to do all those sorts of things
Old 10-14-2009, 10:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodnas View Post
Pecal, Did you run all your switch earths separately from the load earths?
Bob is that a general rule of thumb or just something required for the ISIS setup?
Old 10-14-2009, 11:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sambo, I believe that Isis prefer that the switch earths are run separate to the chassis earth. This is for their system only - something to do with better communication as these signals are only milliamps. They also say that if this cant be done then it will work with a common earth as well. I have run mine separate (Isis system).

Bob
Old 10-15-2009, 01:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob,

I have run the switched earths to a common point. The front and rear modules each have a common earth. Previous experience with automotive multiplex systems showed me that most of the errors were caused by poor earths. If you have set common earth points then diagnosis is easier.

Peter
Old 10-15-2009, 02:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Bob. Part way through wiring my car with a dedicated ground circuit in copper (not using chassis to earth) and this was the first I'd heard of separate circuits. Certainly makes sense in your application.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default Pic's

SAMBO,

Show us your handy work..........

STIFFY

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: