Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     
Default EFI Connection & Sidepipe cutout

Gday fellas

Some advise please.....

1. How does one connect to the 3/4" male thread on the Mustang 302 EFI supply and return pipes? I'm running rubber 3/16 efi hose from a stainless barb on the end of the hard s/s lines and cant find a fitting to join hose to the threaded end.

2. I'm almost ready to paint with one hole left to cut in the body......that being for sidepipe exit. As i haven't yet purchased the extractor/pipe combo, can someone help me with a description of position and size of the cutout. I'm assuming that most extractors are about the same size.
Any advise on this combo would be appreciated. I hope to end up with working sidepipes after rego (QLD rego) and Warrick Harrison can supply a set of 'throw away' extractors at $500 which are designed to work with the underbody system, then i go back after rego pass and spend $1300 on 'good' ones to suit sidepipes. Any thoughts here?

Thanks

Greg
Old 10-16-2009, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #95, 302 HO
Not Ranked     

Greg, I cant help you with the fuel lines as I have not got this far yet although I am interested in the answer as I am using the same engine.

I have cut holes for the side pipes using a pattern supplied by Warrick.

Seems to work out OK with my side pipes although they are not live.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the drawing Wodnas.

Wondering who painted your car and if you're happy with the result. I'm getting close although i see that you opted to get yours done early in the build.......I don't trust myself (or employees in my workshop) not to knock the paint around

Did your painter gap the doors and bonnet etc, I'm usure as to how much fiddling i need to do to tidy up cutouts and fixing points like where the hinges fix to the fibreglass on the boot for eg.

Thanks
Old 10-16-2009, 10:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #95, 302 HO
Not Ranked     

Greg, I had the painting done by Des on the Gold Coast. He has done some cars for Warrick. Give him a call on 0431862571. I did not have to do anything. He gapped the doors etc. I tidied up all the cutouts before taking it to him. Cost me $6000 and I am happy with the result.

Bob
Old 10-16-2009, 10:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Greg, my 302 had the normal key-lock connectors but I attached the fuel lines with brass connectors from a guy near Warwick's place and covered them in some protecting tube - you can see the connectors here, however. They had a huge array of brass connectors. No leaks and all seals fine. Not sure if you have a flaring tool.

Merv

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Buy the after market larger fuel rails

byroncobra Bryon buy the aftermarket fuel rails and change the the dead end rail setup and have a loop setup for the injectors. Have 2 fuel filters on the system too. I know it's a pain to do but helps remove any small debrie from ending up in the last 2 injectors on that rail. It also helps cool the gas in the rail and doesn't let it overheat and cause boiling. Overbuild your fuel system also. A 255ltr fuel pump in the tank and min 3/8" to the front of the car and 5/16" return to the tank. If racing 1/2" and 3/8" this setup works the best and leaves room for you going to a larger motor down the road. There should be a simple bolt on kit for the rails. Look in the Mustang mags for this. If you have problems e-mail back will find you a company with the kit for bolt on. Saleen or BBK would be a good place to start. Rick L.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, Supercharged 99/01 4.6L DOHC Ford V8 T56 6 speed 18" wheels
Not Ranked     

Byroncobra,
The fitting on your fuel rail looks like a 3/4" JIC male. This is a very common hydraulic fitting. I would be going to the nearest Pirtek, Enzed with the barbed fitting and have them silver solder a 3/4" JIC female to it. Hope this helps.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks everyone for your help
I'll chase up enzed locally