Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 11:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default anyone seen this?

i've been watching this on ebay, seems very good value. Anyone know of this company?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/AC-COBRA-KIT-...item43a342b6df
Old 11-28-2010, 12:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yep. Venom Motorsports from Pakenham Victoria.
A lot of us have these kits now.
There will be the knockers on here though that dont like Dave, but work out what your getting for your buck and go from there.
Stan.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry mdl.
I tried to read through the ebay ad but couldn't handle the numerous spelling errors so I gave up.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Yep it is Venom motorsports, he has been around a while (and has had numerous ebay usernames - always gets a new one when the neg feedback catches up)
I have never bought anything from him (tried to once but things went sour when trying to do the deal)

As Stan says there are a few people here who have his kits so they may provide best feedback - I am not sure if any are actually finished yet and passed engineering?

I will also add that spending a little extra at the start can save you a heap of money and heart ache later.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.

Last edited by boxhead; 11-28-2010 at 12:51 AM..
Old 11-30-2010, 04:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: venom motorsports /ls1 auto
Not Ranked     

yep i have one from venom motorsports ' i have had no bad experence when dealing with david
so give him a go ; ring & talk to him then make your own mind up
not all people know how to use spell check
Old 12-01-2010, 01:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Venom, BF XR8 260kw, 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdl.wright View Post
i've been watching this on ebay, seems very good value. Anyone know of this company?

Hi, I also have one of these kits, give me a PM if you want more info, but basically you get what you pay for, if you want a kit that is more a DIY rather than a just bolt it together then this kit offers a chance to get in a Cobra at a lower price point, but with more work. Personally I love my Cobra cause it has my finger prints all over it, I've had to think my way through every bracket and bolt. Best place to get advice on the kit is Enkelmens Engineering, who I am using for my engineering, as they have signed off his kits before.

Nathan
sevenohms AT hotmail com
Old 12-02-2010, 02:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Intersting line in one of his adds:

"So as to the knockers on the forums, we’re flat out building and the others are closing their doors."

38 kits in 18 months? Interesting if true.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Venom, BF XR8 260kw, 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post
Intersting line in one of his adds:

"So as to the knockers on the forums, we’re flat out building and the others are closing their doors."

38 kits in 18 months? Interesting if true.
I've got one of his kits and have spent some time in his workshop. I know of at least 10 personally, plus he was saying he had 6 more to finish by christmas (in late October), I have no reason to doubt hes around this number, as I've only been involved with Venom since March... Might not be the classiest replica out there but hes certainly moving them.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival 3506
Not Ranked     
Default a good company ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdl.wright View Post

I would tell you what i thought of the guy that runs that company , but i would get suspended from this forum again !!!!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 05:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

Are there any manufacturers that have closed their doors in the last few years?

Any kit can be finished to a high standard if you put in the time, effort and money. I just don't see the point in trying to save a few bucks up front when all kits will probably take $50K+ to finish properly.

Ben
Old 12-02-2010, 06:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 289 FIA, 363 Stroker
Not Ranked     

I would suggest saving up for a better quality kit. That is rough

Red flag number one and its a big one

We have been building AC Cobra, GT40 kits for the past near 19 years. We have built 128 kits to date (27 this year alone) and have finished 3. Wow a whopping 6.73 kits a year. Do they mean they have built 3 this year or 3 total in 19 years?

Red flag number two. I would have stopped at one, but just in case you moved on to number two

Do you have a website where there is more detail about the kits? We are building a website at the moment and hope to have up and running in the next month or so.

if you are looking for a deal and do not care about an accurate body, look for an FFR that somebody has given up on. There are plenty of unfinished kits around and mustang parts are cheap. that is, if you can register FFRs in Australia

Last edited by RestoCreations; 12-02-2010 at 06:22 PM..
Old 12-03-2010, 01:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Seems lots of people are happy to bag this guy out but i am yet to hear anyone give a reason why the kit is no good. Looks like a solid chassis design to me and body shape looks pretty good too.

If i was starting now i would give serious consideration to these kits. They are a very competitive price and whilst they may need a little more work than some others who cares. If you are going to buy a kit and then pay some one to build it for you then i agree its probably not the best, but for someone building themselves, they will be 10k better off before they even start.

In answer to closing doors, one of the manufacturers is selling his business at present, moulds, jigs etc.

I know this guy has a history, so just dont pay for it until you see it done, or visit regularly whilst it is being made. There are already a hand full of people on here happy with the service, and i have also been given positive feedback by a well respected guy that built a number of cars for people on here.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: venom motorsports /ls1 auto
Not Ranked     

i tought this forum was to help people withthere cobras / source parts & discuss diffent points of interest
not to act like a bunch of wineing old woman / if you have to say something say it but don't wine on & on
Old 12-03-2010, 03:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Not Ranked     

As I said in my reply many days ago, the item I bought from him on eBay deal went sour, So in the end I managed to keep my money.
But I think this is about the 3rd eBay usernme he has used.
Think about why you would change your username, would it be because your negative feedback is too high?
For the guys who have bought the kits, show us some pictures of the frame and some of the welds, after all you have the product in your shed.

If the OP still wants to get one, then make sure you have it inspected and on your trailer before you hand over the cash.

Cruising in 5th

Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am just going for a look in galleries for people advising they have a Venom car.

I am guessing this is during the assembly of the chassis? As I cant see too many welds, I also sure hope there are some fishplates welded to the joints, the lower square section looks like it is butted up against the chassis rail (not a very strong way to weld parts together)

Hmmmm, that is it, from 3 forum members there is 1 picture.
Come on guys, show us pics, if the quality is good then it would be value for money, but the seller is still a person who has burnt people before, so buyer beware.

Cruising in 5th

Old 12-03-2010, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289 USRRC #98 The Ken Miles Tribute Car
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by renovationinnov View Post
i tought this forum was to help people withthere cobras / source parts & discuss diffent points of interest
not to act like a bunch of wineing old woman / if you have to say something say it but don't wine on & on
Back to 5th grade spelling for you sunshine...
Old 12-03-2010, 02:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Evans kit, 6 litre, 6 speed, Jag F/R,
Not Ranked     

Boxhead said ...."the lower square section looks like it is butted up against the chassis rail (not a very strong way to weld parts together)"

I don't think that's a huge issue. It is there as a tie rail. Even if it is 3" x 1 1/2" RHS thats still a fair run of weld. Combined with the nice looking flat plate uprights and the CHS tie bars I feel that it is quite a sturdy looking bit of gear. I just can't see how the front 2 bolts on the diff will be utilised? Simple pipe spacer on flat plate or a top cradle part we cant see.

Anyhoo, I've also looked at them on fleabay and thought the price is right. It would be a smart thing to see one in the flesh if you wanted to commit. As for business related problems, I can't comment, never dealt with the guy, bad spelling repeatedly worries me, moreso when it's an advert to parade ones products, but some people are great craftsmen not oxford scholars, in saying that, if I was in that position I would get someone else to type up the sales literature.

I'd also like to see some more pictures of the package and hear from anyone who is building one. Always good to compare different makes and pick up good ideas and learn from bad ones.

In hindsight, my choice of kit probably wasn't the smartest buy, but knowing that I have a supportive engineer with total faith it will cross the line gives me an extra feeling of satisfaction in doing everything the wrong/ dumb/ hard way and ending up with "MY" car which is totally different from everyone elses.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

edited message

Last edited by sjelby; 12-08-2011 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: no longer valid
Old 12-06-2010, 03:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry if I have upset you Stan, the phrase "I guess" is not intended to be taken literally, Maybe I cant build a Cobra, but somehow mine has now done 8000kls since February. How many has yours done?
I guess I got lucky when I threw the bolts at the chassis that they all landed in the right spot
Oh I beter not use a phrase like "I guess" people might start thinking I know nothing.

And Stan I take personal offence to your accusation of picking on his spelling, you can ask most of my mates, I am a bad speller so would never dare accuse anyone of that.
Accusations of a bad seller and communicator, I stand here with my hand held high. And I can say that from personal experience.

If you think I personaly have not helped anyone with bits and pieces of info and diagrams then maybe you need to recheck some old threads.

I hope your car comes together nicely and all goes well.

If your car is further along than the 1 picture of Venom's products we can see then please show us all.

See ya next week.

Cruising in 5th

Old 12-06-2010, 03:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival 3506
Not Ranked     

Anyone got a Venom cobra registered ?
I have had dealings with Dave,and believe to forgive and forget,but not in this case !!!!!!