Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2011, 06:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     
Default Classic Revival CR3516

CR3516 has made it to its new home, safe and sound.

By way of background information, I have been hankering to build a Cobra replica for at least 15 years.

About 6 odd years ago I was literally on the edge, having done all the research and even had a supplier send me an invoice for a deposit, but I chickened out at the "spend" and went go-kart racing instead. It's fair to say that faded quickly.

I've been back on the Cobra scene for the last couple of years, but only now have I actually "arrived".

I have a couple of thanks to give, having (finally) gotten to this stage;

1) the Cobra Car Club of Victoria. CCCV truly are a great bunch, a more helpful and friendly car club I have yet to see (and I've seen a few).

2) The users on this site, ClubCobra.com - I know if I have a problem, I can raise it here and my Cobra friends will help. You can't buy that.

3) My mate Alby, who today provided the F-250 tow-car and trailer to get my baby home, and my other mates who provided on-site muscle to get it off the trailer and into position.

4) lastly and actually most-importantly, back 6 or 7 years ago when I almost ordered, I looked closely at a members car. I visited his house not far from mine, looked in detail at his car, and was very impressed. I then went to his place of business for another look at the car, again not far from my house, and looked again at the car and chatted much more. Then suddenly, without warning, he threw me the key - empty passenger seat.

Now take this in - I'm effectively no-one, and didn't previously know the guy. This guy has built his pride and joy Cobra, and handed over the key to me, an unknown.

Maybe I have a trustworthy face.

I drove the car (circa ~2003 Classic Revival), you already know what I thought of it

I don't like to name people on public forums so I shan't, suffice to say he's Bayside, Silver, and a Bloody Legend

Such a journey, and only now have I reached the beginning......

BTW, he already has a name, Edward (sounded English!) or as the Mrs has coined it, Eddie Venom! ROCK-ON!

Last edited by Modena; 09-24-2011 at 06:09 AM..
Old 09-24-2011, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #69, HSV LS2, T56, Custom rear suspension
Not Ranked     

Hi Ben,

Congrats on the delivery of CR3516. Enjoy the road ahead.

Cheers
Old 09-24-2011, 01:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Great stuff Ben.

I found at this early stage of the build

About 2 yellow page phone books, one on the floor and one against rear firewall, will give you the approx seating position.

And windex works well to clean the spit and dribble from the cockpit leaing cowl edge from when your making broooom broooom noises

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Congrats mate,

Some fun times ahead (and some swearing ).

Good luck with the build, it looks like you have a good environment to work in. Better than my leaky old garage.

Keep the pics up through the build.

Liam
Old 09-24-2011, 06:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Well done! The quality of the body is amazing compared to what he was producing previously. Great pics, thanks for posting, please keep them coming.

Regards.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3514, LS3, Dual Quads, Holley Dominator EFI, TR6060, VE 3.7 LSD, AP Racing Brakes, 17x8 & 10 Custom Dragway Billet Wheels.
Not Ranked     

Ben,
Fantastic news, well done, looking forward to your ongoing blog and a get together soon to compare.

Whats in the wrapped packages ???????

Dave
Old 09-24-2011, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Ben, huge congratulations on the arrival of the beast. You are going to have sooooo much fun.

Gregg
Old 09-24-2011, 06:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Well done Ben. Enjoy the lasting journey.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

Well done.

Fun times ahead!

Ben
Old 09-25-2011, 03:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

thanks for the well wishes.

dave, the boxes are susp. arms, fuel tank, radiator, windscreen, and other assorted bits and pieces that I bought with the car - basically all the parts that are custom made or guaranteed-fit for Ian's car
Old 09-25-2011, 04:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Congratulations on the snake in the shed.
I can only asume after 15 years of foreplay, your probably unable to keep your hand off it!!!

Ben get rid of the last pic. There's still good in you. You need not turn to the dark side

Truly wishing you all the best with your build.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3508 6Litre LS2
Not Ranked     

Congratulations on the new project Ben.

Just from the pics it appears that your doors are a better fit than mine were, particularly the passenger side.

Not to put anybody in, but for some sound advice, Gregg (gjkrv8) has been there and has assisted me with some useful info recently and I'll be looking for some more shortly.
Also go back thru Aussie Mikes posts, a lot useful info in them as well including "brake fail switches" which I've dragged out again today.

Good luck with the build, if you've waited this long I'm sure your going to enjoy yourself, PM me if I can be of any assistance.

Dennis
Old 09-25-2011, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modena View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
Ben get rid of the last pic. There's still good in you. You need not turn to the dark side
Great set up Ben ...Eddie looks quite at home!!!...look forward to viewing the build!!

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-25-2011, 04:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Yes congratulations Ben, a big step forward and lots of fun to come now.

And yes go a Coyote motor if you can get your hands on one as playing on the dark side will only make you bitter and twisted.

Steve
Old 09-25-2011, 06:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen low View Post
Yes congratulations Ben, a big step forward and lots of fun to come now.

And yes go a Coyote motor if you can get your hands on one as playing on the dark side will only make you bitter and twisted.

Steve
Along with fast and feared!!

Great work, I love your workshop it looks awesome.
The dust around here makes having a nice clean workshop near an impossibility!