Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Backdraft Cobra AUS - The search for reliability (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/136019-backdraft-cobra-aus-search-reliability.html)

Wazza 08-22-2016 10:55 PM

Yes...it looked and sounded a million dollars...
Some seat time will fix the lap times pretty quickly...so that's all good.
Pics from that weekend...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uzlo4giml...x2bIXzaka?dl=0

Cheers,
Warren

750hp 08-23-2016 03:09 AM

Glad to hear it went well Matt. Looks tough!!!

Modena 08-23-2016 04:25 AM

Great stuff. What are you planning to address the 90db limit at Wakefield?

spookypt 08-23-2016 02:04 PM

It'll be fine. I'd be more worried about street registered cars limit of 85dba. Half the bloody entrants will get pinged.

Nanny state this freeken country has gone. Call to Prayer in the burbs is louder!

Modena 08-23-2016 03:25 PM

The supp regs just say 90 for everyone dont they?

spookypt 08-23-2016 03:36 PM

Probably.. I was only referring to WP's new general noise restrictions introduced in January this year. Its created a lot of forum banter on other race and car sites. SOS on the Thursday is 85dba.
Morgan Park is 95dba at 30 metres and I had no issues at all. In fact most commented how quiet I was (in comparison). Chief steward even came up to me at the end of the round to congratulate me for the weekend and comment on how well the car looked and sounded.

She'll be right ey.

boxhead 08-23-2016 04:34 PM

Bloody Nanny States.

Red Centre Nats, the open car permits allow 115dB :-)
And the open permits are the highway through town and McDonalds drive through.

Towmaster 08-24-2016 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookypt (Post 1401411)
Probably.. I was only referring to WP's new general noise restrictions introduced in January this year. Its created a lot of forum banter on other race and car sites. SOS on the Thursday is 85dba.
Morgan Park is 95dba at 30 metres and I had no issues at all. In fact most commented how quiet I was (in comparison). Chief steward even came up to me at the end of the round to congratulate me for the weekend and comment on how well the car looked and sounded.

She'll be right ey.

Yeah he always does that, it's a nice touch. I also thought it was just a few cars he goes around and says thanks for coming to the event but I had a chat to him and he said he tries to get to everyone.

spookypt 08-24-2016 01:11 PM

Well now I don't feel special.

David Hodgson 08-24-2016 02:52 PM

aaw... you couldn't have stuck a bigger needle in Spook's bubble Ash.

Tenrocca 08-24-2016 03:59 PM

Welcome to the b-club ash. :)

Cobra72 08-25-2016 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wazza (Post 1401369)
Yes...it looked and sounded a million dollars...
Some seat time will fix the lap times pretty quickly...so that's all good.
Pics from that weekend...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uzlo4giml...x2bIXzaka?dl=0

Cheers,
Warren

Great pics Warren.
Matt, car looks awesome!!....can't wait to see it at Nationals.

SydneyChris 08-25-2016 05:08 PM

congrats Spooky.. :) Look forward to Wakefield.

spookypt 09-15-2016 02:04 AM

Well it had to happen. Did my valve lash tonite and seems I've got a Cam follower failure on the race car. She's a no go for the nats. Engine out! Bugger .

750hp 09-15-2016 03:25 AM

Are you sure the engine needs to come out? Why not just pull the manifold and if the roller lifter is stuffed but the cam lobe is fine (which it should be), a new set of lifters later and you're racing!

Modena 09-15-2016 03:50 AM

If the engine is coming out what are you going to do after morning tea tomorrow?

spookypt 09-15-2016 04:01 AM

Engine builder has doubts as we've got 2 rockers with issues so lobes may be gone...

750hp 09-15-2016 04:09 AM

New cam will be in by lunch time then...

spookypt 09-15-2016 04:23 AM

Remember I'm not Ash mate, I work for a living!!!

Tenrocca 09-15-2016 05:15 AM

look on the bright side spook. You could have towed it all the way down and then have it break.