Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-27-2006, 06:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via MSN to pezza
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1
Hi pezza, welcome to you and thanks for posting.

I also like the clean look of the RMC angled radiator but had heard some complain about overheating.

If you remove the radiator out thru the nose then it must be relatively narrow as the nose opening is about 640mm wide on the RMC.

Would you mind answering the questions in my previous post so I can make up my mind about this thing.

Cheers and good to see another RMC owner in here.
I'm not an expert on radiators in fact i know very little. mine was supplied by RMC and has been used in quite a few of their cars so i'm hoping they know what they are doing. Mine is not alloy but i have seen a RMC with an alloy radiator mounted in the same way. I will measure it tomorrow and give you sizes.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:14 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RHD Hurricane street roadster HM1081 aging nicely in the garage
Not Ranked     

Do the guys at Aussie Dessert Coolers make up Cobra Radiators? Seems one of their units should cool just about anything...
Old 08-28-2006, 05:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

fastraxsg

Desert Coolers will do a radiator for anything from Street Rods through to Cobras. No problems.

Aussie Desert Coolers. +614394704449. Talk to Norm there.

Or address at;

350 Murray Road,
Preston. Victoria. Australia. 3072
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 08-29-2006, 02:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1
Hi pezza, welcome to you and thanks for posting.

I also like the clean look of the RMC angled radiator but had heard some complain about overheating.

If you remove the radiator out thru the nose then it must be relatively narrow as the nose opening is about 640mm wide on the RMC.

Would you mind answering the questions in my previous post so I can make up my mind about this thing.

Cheers and good to see another RMC owner in here.

My radiator measures approx 650x500. It is difficult to measure now that it is installed. I was told by RMC that it is a duel flow radiator. I hope this helps you make up your mind.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

pezza, thanks heaps mate.

Cheers
Old 08-29-2006, 04:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lucus shell, Arrow chassis, efi 5L HO, 5 spd supra, Diff 3.73:1, Rear tyres 275x60-15
Not Ranked     

Hey Perry good to see you posting, not too many sandgropers on this site. Now all you need to do is post some pics!!!!!!!

Hey what did you think of my DVD? any motorvation rub off?

I fitted a full factory sized HZJ-75 3 core Landcruiser radiator, verticle.. I have a different breed of cobra though!

Simon

Last edited by simon clemens; 08-29-2006 at 05:25 AM..
Old 08-29-2006, 05:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic revival 302w
Not Ranked     

Hey plums nice job on the pipes took me about 2 months to make mine youl'l appreciate them more when there finished you dont realise how much fun youre having while youre swearing and cursing
as for angled mount radiators i was under the impreasion they dissipate heat better than vertical mount ie: more surface area facing up
jess
Old 08-29-2006, 05:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Jess, you're right and wrong...leastwise by way of an explanation given to me by a recognised radiator manufacturer.

He says....stick your hand out a car window with the palm horizon to the ground.

Then angle your hand either up or down......feel colder??

He claims the inefficient angled radiator idea is a left over from way back when we had cores with 5 or so tubes. The tubes were so close together that air had difficulty passing thru the cores and the air would roll over an angled radiator.

Seems the secret is that if the radiator is on an angle then make sure the air can get thru. He claims he has used single row 50mm dimpled tube, dual pass, radiators and kept 700hp cool in traffic.

anyways....we'll see.

Cheers
Old 08-29-2006, 03:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

Phil N recently got an awesome alloy radiator made up at a reasonable price.

I think it would be worth checking out the same fabricator.

Cheers,

Ben
Old 08-30-2006, 05:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon clemens
Hey Perry good to see you posting, not too many sandgropers on this site. Now all you need to do is post some pics!!!!!!!

Hey what did you think of my DVD? any motorvation rub off?

I fitted a full factory sized HZJ-75 3 core Landcruiser radiator, verticle.. I have a different breed of cobra though!

Simon
Hi Simon,
Great DVD lots of fast cars and fast women very exiting. Ok maybe just one fast car and one woman but I still got exited.