Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Bernie keeps an eye on things and gives us a heads up for technical problems or to help folks post pics or edit something when they can't..."moderator" may have been a bit heavy a term. There are several of you folks that have PM'd us over the years to eyeball things we may have slept through.

Really...very few problems around these parts. That's why I'm a bit curious. I tend to come over here for relief late at night when the Lounge is at full political tilt...thankusbetogawd.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
Hi All
One thing I think the moderators/owners of this forum seem to have overlooked or forgotten is that they do not "own " the forum.

This forum is all of us, the contributors, and without us this forum would not exist.

Dimi
There definitely needs to be a standard applied to the content to stop or at least pull into line those whom intentionally over step the mark...

Personally the Mods do a great job ..don't forget these guys Volenteer thier time to give us this online enviroment and if something goes wrong or if things are a bit slow those whom are prone to whinge will do so.

Yes the Forum is all of us, and it exists not because of us ,but because someone has taken the time and effort to develope it,it evolves because of us.

Those of you who don't like what happens here turn off you won't be missed,as there will be a never ending line of people to replace you!!!!!

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-23-2008, 12:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

I don't think we've ever really needed any moderatin' over here. Aussies are a pretty laid back bunch and we don't take offence easily.

Jamo, I think you and Ron do a great job that unfortunately doesn't get many thanks or pats on the back. A lot of the crap you see on other forums doesn't seem to be to evident here on CC. It's either because you guys get on top of it pretty quick or Cobra folks are a bit more mature. I'm tending to think the former.

I think the level of moderation is fine. There may be a few disagreements but that's often the problem with the writen word, you don't get the facial expressions to go with it so meanings can be missinterpreted. Sometimes I think people need to think "Would I say that to his face?" before they type.

I also think we get into a comfort zone with people we know on here and what we can get away with saying to our forum buddies. A lot of the banter that goes on could be taken as offensive unless the reader knew the parties involved.

I for one still think CC is a great place to hang out and I'm very thankful for the knowledge I've gained here and the new friends I've made.

Cheers

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 09-23-2008 at 12:20 AM..
Old 09-23-2008, 12:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Let me guess Rebel1, does this issue go back to that high-point of ClubCobra theatre, namely the Lewis thread?
If so, it ain't worth it!
Richard
Old 09-23-2008, 01:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Ding Ding, round 2.

Regards.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

I have a solution (well 3 actually) to a lack of excitement down under.

1) BRING BACK VENOM0427
2) BRING BACK LEWIS

and
3) Lets discuss LS primary sizes some more
Old 09-23-2008, 03:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardferguson View Post
Let me guess Rebel1, does this issue go back to that high-point of ClubCobra theatre, namely the Lewis thread?
If so, it ain't worth it!
Richard
Nuh, guessed wrong Richard.

Whilst I had some disagreement with Jamo at that time it is not something that principally caused me to comment as I did. Certainly it had a minor bearing but It was a mainly a combination of that and as follows:

It's a small world in that this very subject, ie. where are all the Aussies on CC, was a discussion held over a few pots of the amber fluid a little ways back.

I can say that Jamo's name did come up in a not too flattering way and is the reason I stuck my neck out and made the comment and I stand by that comment.

However, During the said period of intoxication we went thru a heap of CC email notifications and noted the posters . The outcome from that pi$$y little exercise was a recognition that we have indeed "lost" many Australian members.

There really is only a handful of Aussies frequent the site. Where have all the others gone?. Don't they enjoy the many benefits this site gives to so few of us?. Search your own memories (or records) and see just how many Aussies joined but are no longer active.

Or ... do they leave us once the cars are on the road and they have no further need to log on and enjoy the banter?.

I'm not saying that Jamo is the cause of this ... fact is I mostly enjoy his humour and even during our disagreement and in my responding to the many supportive emails I maintained my appreciation of his efforts and the need for him to take a hard line.

The fact he was wrong in his dealings with me within that Lewis thread is past history and I've forgiven him. (attempt at mirth Jamo)

But, the question stands unanswered....where are all the Aussies?.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Mmmm when I'm not surfing Gallery photos at airports getting my 'Post' count up or travelling the fine USA motoring events, I am trying to work out what the two controversial people above are up too..

That is what this little Aussie is up tooooo..

Tenrooca - No please don't encourage either of them back - let's talk religion or politics..

See you at the Nationals if all going well.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 09-23-2008, 05:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Im still here Rebel, i just dont have the technical expertise to offer too many solutions to peoples problems. I do however read the new posts every day. I agree that our laid back attitude does probably mean that we dont take offence as much as maybe some others do.

Or maybe its just coz you blokes keep putting chev engines in your cars! Ha Ha!

Andy.

P.S. Thanks for the beautiful weather while i was in Qld. It was nice to get sunburnt in winter!

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).
Old 09-23-2008, 05:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

I've been thinking for a while how quiet the Aussie forum has been and I agree with sentiments above - it just seems to happen from time to time. I frequent 3 other forums on a daily basis and they all provide valuable info as well as the occasional laugh and I've made friends through one of them, as I have here. But all forums experience this at one time or another.

The difference with this forum I think relates to the demographic of most Cobra owners. Members tend to be "mature age" (over 30 generally speaking - sorry TMK!), from the "old school" where you were taught to respect your peers instead of throwing rocks from behind the safety of the keyboard.

I'd much rather the forum go quiet for a while than turn into a mess of "Off Topic" threads and random chatter - save it for the pub. Now if this place went quiet and nobody noticed, I think that'd be a real problem.

But a thread like this, growing to 2+ pages in under a day... I don't think we've got anything to worry about.

Paul

Last edited by sambo; 09-23-2008 at 05:29 AM..
Old 09-23-2008, 05:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
Bernie keeps an eye on things ......
Ahhhhh, so that is how he was able to mysteriously change his forum name. Not what you know...

I have wanted to ditch mine for years. Maybe I should becme a moderator too......
Old 09-23-2008, 05:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

By the way Paul,(Ozcobra), where are you at with your car? I think we will be the two guys out of grumpy old men when we get our cars finished!

Andy.

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).
Old 09-23-2008, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac andy View Post
P.S. Thanks for the beautiful weather while i was in Qld. It was nice to get sunburnt in winter!
You were in Queensland!.....we let you in? ... gawd, the place is goin to ruin.

I see the retail sales of sunglasses have gone thru the roof ... sorta figured there was an influx of lily white southerners in town.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA#209 427SC, red, 427 sideoiler
Not Ranked     

Hi;
I thought I'd post just to let you all know there are Cobra owners out here. I rarely post but view topics everyday. This site is excellent and I have learned a lot about the little idiosyncrasies of a kit Cobra from this site.

I return each day to see what is going on and probably should be more involved. Maybe we can start talking about biofuel or CNG Cobras! I think after the elections are over we will see more traffic. I am volunteering for one of the presidential campaigns and that takes quite a bit of my time.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I had the beach to myself, must have been to cold for you northeners. Were you lot all getting your fingernails repainted or something?

Andy.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFBurk View Post
Hi; I am volunteering for one of the presidential campaigns and that takes quite a bit of my time.
Gawdddd, I can understand that .... but does it matter any more?

By that I mean it appears whoever wins the election will have their hands full introducing regulatory authority to oversee what all those financial whiz kids of your banking sector are doing with investor funds.

Aint over yet.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac andy View Post
I had the beach to myself, must have been to cold for you northeners. Were you lot all getting your fingernails repainted or something?

Andy.
Nope, we were at the footpath cafe's watching the silly southerners catchin pneumonia on the beach.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some Backyardy ****box
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post
Ahhhhh, so that is how he was able to mysteriously change his forum name. Not what you know...

I have wanted to ditch mine for years. Maybe I should becme a moderator too......

Tenrocca you’re a marked man…..no name change in the world will help! Just ask acecob
Old 09-23-2008, 07:44 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RHD Hurricane street roadster HM1081 aging nicely in the garage
Not Ranked     

I for one, float back and forth in all parts of this forum, cobraClub and the Hurricane Motorsports forum each day. This is by far the most informative and each has its own "characters" such as Lewis or Sid or Monty or who ever....sometimes we just need someone to stir the pot or pi$$ in it on occasion to get it warmed up. I am putting a SBC in my cob and each forum gives me a different outlook. And my old Torana wannabee Cob wasn't welcome on some forums, can you imagine that? Enjoy what we have....the mods here do a good job of keeping a handle on most things, some one will get their 'nickers in a twist on occasion, happens everywhere.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Yup, didn't think Rebel1 and I had any big thing lingering...I wasn't even thinking about that.

So folks know...Lewis was never banned. Ron (not me) gave him a few days off because of his personalized name calling on everyone for a dozen pages or so. If anything , I was was a bit too laid back that night. He was back to full membership status before that thread even closed.

In any event...hope you folks sort out whatever it is which causes you a moment. Again, we see periods of tranquility interrupted by outbursts of mania on all of the forums at this site...sorta the nature of the beast if you will.