Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 07:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B - 351 W, ATK Crate Motor
Not Ranked     

I picked up my new B&B Cobra kit on March 26, 2013. I have the chassis done and rolling, waiting for the motor to come in. I'm working on an album and will have it up soon.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B
Not Ranked     

I got my B&B as an incomplete project from another builder. I'm still working on it, and having a blast. It's got a 351 Windsor with a 4 speed top loader. Hopefully, it'll only be a few more months before I can get it on the road.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I ordered a turn key cobra build from B&B 2 weeks ago. I can't wait for it to get to me in Ohio. I had seen a B&B Cobra for sale elsewhere but it had sold. Bryan at B&B is very helpful and patient in spite of my excitement and numerous questions. It has been a pleasure working with him.

Marc
Old 04-29-2013, 06:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B, FR302
Not Ranked     

Welcome. You're going to love it! Brian is #1 in my book. Always willing to help.

Roger
Old 04-29-2013, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Finished my Cobra build and have be running it hard. Was racing this weekend and hit a concrete block at 100 MPH + it hit the frame and and did nothing to the frame because of its heavy design. Destroyed the block and scratch the paint on the frame. It drives straight, easy to drive, rides nice, doesn't get hot and hooks hard. If I had a aluminum floor car I don't this I would be sending this today. And I drove it home after the races.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     

Thanks everyone for the post, it is always nice to hear from you.

Bryan
Old 01-02-2014, 03:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B 289
Not Ranked     
Default 97 titled as an AC

Had been wanting a Cobra ever since my dad talked me out of an original 427 back in the early 70's. Have owned varions sports cars since then, Tr's, an Alfa or three, Jag or two, couple of Lotus's (would that be loti?), an original Shelby Mustang #456, and an Avanti to name a few. Been sports-car-less for the past 19 years or so, and felt it was time to rectify that deplorable condition.

Bought my B&B on Ebay without knowing the maker, but the pics seemed to indicate a quality product and workmanship. Was not disappointed when it got here. British racing green with black interior, no stripes, chrome side pipes, and all AC badging. Looks very period and I think that it is gonna fool lotsa folks. Specially after it gets the fog lamps and Moto Lita Ace steering wheel. Motor is only a 289, but that was what I was really after. The history on this car has been lost (been thru Lots of owners) so no idea what is inside that motor, but I am sure that it is enough to get me going faster that I want to go quicker than I want to get there. lol.

Plans are to fit a top and tonneau, change out the worn rack, get the electrics sorted (basically nothing works except the starter and distributor) and install side pipe guards. Can't say enough good about the folks at B&B. Even though I haven't spent a dime yet (Don't worry, I will) everybody there is more than willing to answer all of the dumb questions I have been able to come up with.

I want to thank everybody on this site for all of the information that I have gathered in the time since I decided to take the plunge. Three or four months of looking and reading really paid off in my being able to make a great decision. Thanx again,

Pat
Old 01-02-2014, 04:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

I for one would love to see some pictures of your new toy!
Old 01-04-2014, 04:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B 289
Not Ranked     
Default Album

Created an album on my profile page. Hope somebody recognizes the car and can help me with the original build info and the motor internals.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:44 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 408W, TKO 600, 9" 4-link Truetrac, 13" X 1 3/8" curved vane frt disks
Not Ranked     

Completed my B&B build in time for the SAAC-30 open track days at California Speedway in Fontana on July 4th 2005, where my dreams were realized. Bryan and his partner give the most practical advice I have found anywhere. For example, Bryan convinced me to install a cable clutch instead of hydraulic. The cable clutch is so simple, it's impossible for anything to go wrong - totally trouble free. Thanks Bryan.

Car has since been flipped. Destroyed the windshield and scratched the top of the front fenders. Replaced the windshield and used a little body filler and paint on the front fenders. Good as new, and back on the road. This is one tough bird. Check my album.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:59 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B Mfg 302 EFI
Not Ranked     
Default B & B Cobra Newbie

I Have a 2002 build. 302 FI. 5 speed Tremec short throw. I'm the third owner. Would appreciate feed back from veterans regarding install of aluminum rad & moving adjustable seat rails. Previous owner had long legs and taller than me.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I didn't find much use for adjustable seat rails in that I don't feel real comfortable letting too many people drive the cobra, so I never used them. I have a couple of bolt down locations that I can move it forward if my wife ever wants to try to drive it. (She is content with riding so far!) I removed mine because it raised the seat almost 2" which put my line of sight directly in the frame of the windshield.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1989 LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

Mine is a 1989 version of the B&B and came with sliding seats. However, I removed them and hard mounted the Kirky low back racing seats to floor. I would not recommend that for the street, but works GREAT for the track.

Putting in the aluminum radiator was one of the best mods I made to the engine compartment. I used B&B's, which are little pricey (sorry Brian) but fit and work well, simple bolt in. If you can weld aluminum, you can get a standard sized radiator from Summit or Jegs, fab your own brackets, and save $$$. I put in a high RPM, high CFM electric fan and haven't had a problem (except racing one day when it was 108 degrees in the shade).
Old 06-22-2014, 04:26 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Hi Larry, Thanks for your advice on the seating & aluminum rad. This is exactly what i'm looking for from those that have already been there. The site and built are really impressive. Looks like you do everything to the max. If you think of something that is a heads up for some one starting out I'm all ears. Nick
Old 06-22-2014, 04:41 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Hi Whtnukl, Thanks for your feedback on my questions. It's what I need. I'm in the process of sorting out what's in the build, making some improvements and adding some of my touches. I'm interested in any info that someone starting out could use. Nick
Old 02-16-2015, 12:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B, Ford Racing 302
Not Ranked     
Default B and B

I got my B and B about a year and a half ago. Not sure what everyone wants to know, but the wife and I love it.

I will get some pics up asap.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Welcome to the B&B owners "club".
Keep an eye out for the North Arkansas Cruise in October.
It's a lot of fun and not too far from you! (Harrison, AR)

Nw Arkansas Cruise with Gateway Cobra Club of St. Louis

Last edited by lnfletcher; 02-17-2015 at 07:38 AM..
Old 07-12-2015, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B Roadster. Ford 351W/427 & Holley TBI 950
Not Ranked     

Hello, I'm a newbie to this site and to the Cobra world.

I bought my B&B from my dentist who started it in June 2000 from a Stage 3.
(he's very meticulous, but kept zero doc, so I bought it 'blind' on Valentines Day 2015, with my wife's blessings, for my 60th birthday present. I've been into Harley's the past many years, so great to get back to muscle cars)

What I know so far...

351W block bored and stroked to 427
World products cast iron heads
big Comp cam (not sure which one)
Tremec 5spd (he tore up a T50)
Holley Commander 950 TBI with MSD ignition (that I hope to figure out one day)
Ford 8.8 rear with 3.27 gears.
Jet hot side pipes (that really do a great job of dissipating heat)

Mariah at B&B has been fabulous with help, as I've tried to figure out what I have.

I certainly welcome any info I should know, Thanks George
Old 07-13-2015, 05:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Welcome to the club!
Old 07-15-2015, 12:45 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleslie View Post
Hello, I'm a newbie to this site and to the Cobra world.

I bought my B&B from my dentist who started it in June 2000 from a Stage 3.
(he's very meticulous, but kept zero doc, so I bought it 'blind' on Valentines Day 2015, with my wife's blessings, for my 60th birthday present. I've been into Harley's the past many years, so great to get back to muscle cars)

What I know so far...

351W block bored and stroked to 427
World products cast iron heads
big Comp cam (not sure which one)
Tremec 5spd (he tore up a T50)
Holley Commander 950 TBI with MSD ignition (that I hope to figure out one day)
Ford 8.8 rear with 3.27 gears.
Jet hot side pipes (that really do a great job of dissipating heat)

Mariah at B&B has been fabulous with help, as I've tried to figure out what I have.

I certainly welcome any info I should know, Thanks George
Hi George, I bought a 2002 build on Ebay. Car gets tons of attention. Bought it last May 2014. Sorted out road worthiness & to do list. No paper work. Searched for block #, Trans info etc. Making upgrades, Alum Rad. Billet Pulleys, Cooling fan. I don't think there is a stronger more rock solid frame out there. I'm the third owner. Car hasn't disappointed in any way. Getting lots of drive time in this season. NJ not the best place for an open roadster. You're right about Mariah & people at B & B Roadsters. Hope you like yours as much as I love mine. Nick