Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2002, 03:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison 351w assembly STILL in progress
Send a message via AIM to ronzara Send a message via Yahoo to ronzara
Not Ranked     
Default CR Dash Wiring ??'s

Hello,
I am using a CR Harness in an Everett Morrison Car. I have ALL mechanical gauges, and my Steering column has nothing but HORN, TURN SIGNALS and HAZZARD LIGHTS.

(NO DIMMER, NO CRUISE< NO HEAD LIGHTS/WIPERS)

I have the dash wired already for HEAD LIGHTS (#112, #171, and #141) >> What is # 144 ??
Says FUSE TO HI-BEAM - HI BEAM indicator light.

Would this wire run to my floor mount dimmer switch, then to the HI-Beam light on the dash>>>> this is where I am getting lost.

How is the FLOOR DIMMER wiring into the harness?

Also wipers. (My Switch is on th dash).

I want my dash gauge lights on a switch. Can I take the MAIN #146 and run it to the switch, then wire ALL the gauge lights positive leads to the switch?

What is the deal with #161 and #157 (FAN SWITCH) ??? Is #161 the MAIN POWER to the FAN switch and #157 the RETURN to the fan????

What do you suggest I do with all the wires I don't need?
Such as> COURTESY SWITCH WIRES,... TRUNK OPENER,...

The CR instructions are not real helpful. I'd appreciate you guys assistance.
RZ
2. "Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Junk"....
Old 06-11-2002, 07:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

RZ, There is a short jumper harness # 1002320. This can be wired to your dimmer switch. #141 is power, #143 is hi-beam, #145 is low beam. The hi-beam indicator light is a pushin style light that Classic uses. Wire # 144 and a ground goes to the light. It is normally a blue light to show you when the hi-beams are on.

The wiper wiring is determined by the type of switch you have. If it is a Lucas it is wired different. Let me know what type of switch and I will tell you how to wire it.

The dash lights all get power from #146 so you can wire them through a switch.

Wire #157 and #161 are for the fan override switch. Let me know how your fan is wired, what type it is, if you are using a thermostat and then I can tell you what to do with the wires.

All the wires that aren't used can be cut or taped.
Don
Old 06-11-2002, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don,
Thanks for your reply.
I am using the CR push in dash lights.

I am also using a standard 3 position toggle for the Wipers. (unless something else is recommended). I am going to install a MG wiper assembly. The 14W I believe it is.

I think I can make the jumper harness for the dimmer switch. I guess I'd just need to attach 1 wire to #141 on the main harness and run it to the POWER on the Dimmer????

Then #143 Attaches to the HI-BEAM prong of the dimmer and #145 to the Low Beam Prong.... IS THIS CORRECT?

My fan has no name on it. But It is already wired to a switch, So, really, I guess, I just need power from the harness to the switch , .....there's NO thermostat.

On my Fuel gauge there are the letters G (obviously #190 GROUND) S (what # is attached) and an I (what # is attached) ?

TACHOMETER GND (#190) Bat (is this #130?) SIG (# ??)

Thanks.
Old 06-11-2002, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron, The dimmer sounds like it will work the way you stated. Is the wiper switch setup for off,on,on, or on,off,on? You should determine what type of fan you have, if it is a high amperage draw fan you can overload the wiring which could be a hazard. I always run the fans through a relay for safety. The fan switch is #161 power, #157 fan override. #157 runs to the fan power wire.

On the fuel gauge #190 to G, #134 to S, #130 to I

On the tach #190 ground, #130 bat, #132 to sig

Don
Old 06-12-2002, 12:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don,
The switch for the wiper is standard OFF-ON-ON type.

Ok,... the dimmer switch,... #141 wire currently goes straight to the 3rd position on the Light Switch.

Should I disconnect it from there and run it straight to the dimmer power?

If so what goes to the 3rd position on the switch?

I know this is way easier than I am making it.

Where does the # 143 and 145 from the dimmer connect to ?

Also, IGNITION:

I am not using a keyed column. How do I go about wiring the ignition on the dash?

It an OFF-ACC-ON-START

You've been a lot of help, thanks!!
RZ
Old 06-12-2002, 01:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

RZ, There is a short pigtail harness that has the dimmer wires and the wiper wires. It is #1002320. These would normally go to the column dimmer switch. It will have wires 141,143,145 in it. You can run them to the dimmer. Leave the wires on the headlight switch.

Give me a call on the wipers and I will tell you how to wire them.

The ignition switch will be wired to the pigtail harness that would go to the column. It is # 1002319. You need to cut off the odd shaped plugs at one end and wire them to the switch as follows.
There should be a terminal for power In on the switch. Wire # 111 is main power. wire #122 is Acc., wire#121 is start, wire #120 &#125 are On.
Don 1-888-722-6272