LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2003, 03:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL now SOLD
Send a message via AIM to jdean
Not Ranked     

Hey Don,

If there is a pedal assembly missing on someone's back order list, i have one i will send if needed. Since I am using an auto trans, the only thing i used from the pedal kit is the accelerator arm.

BTW, a mid-70s Camaro auto pedal ass'y is just about a bolt-in for the Classic. Just need to elongate the Master Cylinder holes so that they will pass through the Camaro bracket.

John
Old 02-25-2003, 07:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

John, I don't know of anyone that needs a pedal set but I also don't know who has backordered parts except a few of my customers. Thanks for the info on the Camaro, that's interesting.
I'm sure if anyone needs one they will chime in here. Thanks
Don
Old 02-25-2003, 07:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 351 Windsor 405 HP
Not Ranked     

Don,
I have those spring adjuster thingys and the big threaded rod that goes thru body,plus rear trunk latch,the hood latch assembly,
minus the latch that goes on the hood,and the door latch cables all stuff that I'm not using.
If someone needs this stuff let me know.
Art

Last edited by Art Burtt; 02-25-2003 at 07:32 AM..
Old 02-25-2003, 10:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Art, I see what I can find out.
Don
Old 02-25-2003, 01:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I need the hood latch assembly. E-mail me and let me know what you want.

Kirk
Old 02-26-2003, 05:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

In the interim, AND BELIEVE ME "THIS" IS THE INTERIM, why don't we start a list here, or even e-mail me with a list of extra parts you received, (I know CR's has been famous in the past for shipping two radiators, two sets of pipes etc.)

Maybe this way, our family can help it's newest members get their cars done. You certainly do not have to donate the parts, just making a suggestion for a central clearing house if you will.

DV...Times are a-changin' and I guarantee it will be for the betterment of all!
Old 02-26-2003, 01:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

All
Let me start with my extras:
Hood for carb application
Hinged door for glovebox (not needed)
Door opening levers with cables and cable shields.

I need anything in their trim package.(except bumpers)

Kirk
Old 02-27-2003, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Good greif

Maybe I am Glad to have sold my Classic after all. sigh..... It was a nice car whan I was finished with it.

Do these people not care. It seems like the same ole take your money and run. These guys have done it so many times they are proficient at it. Well at least they are good at something.

Most of you know I had a very well built Classic Roadsters Cobra. It was on the cover of Kit Car mag in November of 2001. I had spent a fortune on the car. The one thing I didn't like about it was when I would show the car and someone would ask who's kit it was. I'd proudly say "Classic Roadsters". The sad part was most would respond by saying arent they the company that screws their customers? Unfortunantly I would have to say "yes"

The first two shows I showed the car in I made a sign and put in front of the car that read "Yea it is a Classic Roadster and I have been waiting on back ordered parts for 26 months" The number could be changed as needed. Man I thought this was over.

The Classic Roadsters car is sold and I am working on getting a Kirkham. Talk about first class people! Kirkham is the only way to go!

Don / DV
I will go through my stuff in the garage. If I have any Classic stuff left I will get with you and you can give it to however got the shaft from Classic. I am not sure what is out there.

I am sorry guys, I know (first hand) how you feel. One thing is for certain. If you can stick with the car you will love the way it handles. It corners like it is on rails.

Two things come to mind.
1) Vince Lombardy.... The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellance, Regaurdless of his endevor.

2) Tom Larson...... If you can stand the tuition, you learn more from mistakes than from successes.

I know how you feel!
Old 03-01-2003, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster,351w 405HP
Not Ranked     
Default extra parts

It's not much,but I have a dash panel available.If anyone is in need of one, let me know. Free for the asking!
charlie
Old 03-01-2003, 08:46 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 351W -> 392
Not Ranked     

I have to post this because I feel horrible for all the griping I have been doing.....

Gary, I could only imagine how all these ill posting would go away, I know mine would change to accolades, if you would just ship complete kits in a timely manner,

Maybe this is not obvious to good business practices, but maybe you might be enlightened by it as a new possibility.

"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier."
Old 03-01-2003, 11:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I can tell you from experience that's not going to happen. On a good note I'm going to Fargo on Monday. I know there are many parts that have come in that you guys have on backorder. I'm going to bring those back to my shop and ship them to you. I'll do my best to have them out by Tuesday but it may be Wednesday for some. My Ups is here by noon so I won't have too much time to pack and ship. I also have to stop and pickup some boxes. Keep the faith guys! I have plans!
Don
Old 03-01-2003, 05:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Toad,
If you don't make the post noone will know what is happening. Please keep us all informed. It is important to everyone in Club Cobra to know how you are being mistreated.

Don,
I have said it before and I will say it again, Your a good man. You and DV both. If it were not for you two, Classic would have died years ago! You think they would know that by now. Heck they should put both of you on the payroll!
Old 03-02-2003, 05:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

YEAH!!!!!!
Don and DV for President!!!!!
Old 03-02-2003, 07:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WoW! Don and DV, LADIES and GENTLEMAN, the president of the Uni.......oh wait, LADIES and GENTLEMAN, the president of Classic Roadsters, Don Scott! That has a nice ring to it. What do you think Ed. Is there a coup in order. Shall we storm the beaches of Fargo! They do have Hummer replicas there but I don't think any of them have guns. Anybody want to join in! I think we can do it! I can sling crap with the best of them!

Your President, Don Scott
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2003, 08:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft # 91, Black w/White stripes and Red Rookie's, 302 w/AFR 185's.
Not Ranked     

Don,
If your going to Classic.....I've been waiting for my bullit side view mirrors for a year! See what you can do....
Rogers Anderson
Old 03-02-2003, 08:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up mirrors

ROGERS, I HAVE A SPARE SET OF MIRRORS. EMAIL ME YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS AND I WILL SEND THEM TO YOU.

JAY
Old 03-03-2003, 02:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft # 91, Black w/White stripes and Red Rookie's, 302 w/AFR 185's.
Not Ranked     

Jay,
Thanks for the offer....All I need is a drivers side...I'm not gonna use a passenger mirror. Why would you just give this away? Should we wait for Don's reply from Classic? If classic won't come thru..I have a black custom dash cover, 2 pairs of back-up lites also one pair of black springs..possibly 100# that were sent for the rear but were wrong...should have been the blue 125#. I could trade these! I also have 500.00 down on a third kit but I don't think I'll use it. This could give some-one a great discount!!
Old 03-03-2003, 05:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, I spent the day at Classic. Had a meeting with the CEO and Gary. I went through all the backorders. Pete and I found all we could and boxed it all. We missed the UPS guy for some of them but some went out today and the rest will go out tomorrow. The majority of whats left on backorder is wiring and upholstery. I have been calling the wiring company and he has lied to me several times about shipping dates. He told me Friday they shipped the pigtail and the rear main harness. Classic should have them by tomorrow if this is true. There are several orders waiting for roll bars. The roll bars are there but the welder didn't add the piece for the rear tube to lock into so I am going to visit him tomorrow and get that taken care of. 2 sets of sidepipes came in and left and there are 12 more coming by this week so they should also go out soon. I stopped by the upholstery shop at the boat division and she was working on a dark tan leather interior so whoever that belongs to should get it soon. The rest is on the schedule but she didn't know when. Parts are coming in but it's slow.
Don
Old 03-03-2003, 06:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don,
Your efforts are very much appreciated! Thank You!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2003, 06:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

WITH GARY !!!! ??? AND you didn't call? Shame-shame!
DV
Closed Thread