LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2003, 05:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Ernie,
YES they will If your Exc. has the cross over "cats" still in place, you wont believe the difference in torque and horsepower gains you will make with the straight side pipe set up!

DV
Old 05-10-2003, 08:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

Ernie, I do have access to the original Excaliber type headers with the crossover system if you need a set. I would go with the standard header if I were you. The gain will be tremendous.

As far as headers from me, I don't have anything yet since the deal with Classic isn't finished. We are working very hard to get this done and are close. We have had some of the people involved away on business last week and this upcoming week so another wait. I'm still very confident this deal will go through.
Don
Old 05-10-2003, 09:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I removed the cats, air pump and other "smog" related items within hours of when I FIRST bought the car. The increase in power was immediately felt.

The original header "collector" was then "piped" through a single exhaust pipe to the side pipe on the same side rather than "crossing over" like the old style. The weight of the side pipe being carried ONLY by the header is what cracks them. Attempts to mount the side pipes, headers and engine "solid" have not helped.

I assume most Cobra headers DO carry the weight of the side pipes with only a single "hanger" at the rear (exit) of the pipe? If no additional hangers are used I guess this means "other manufacturers" headers are "stronger" and can carry the weight?

The original Excal headers are real short. Looks like the "flow" characteristics are terrible! Workmanship is AWFUL inside. Not at all "smooth", plenty of "stuff" hanging out in the "air stream".

I WILL BUY RIGHT NOW a set of headers for my Excal. I ASSUME some modifications will have to be made to get them to fit (bolt to) my exisiting side pipes? By the way, maybe I should just go with side pipes too? Mine are TOTALLY blown out. Love the performance but MAN are they LOUD! And the chrome is SO HOT!

Need some prices here!!!!

And while were at it,,,,,what's it going to take to get some coil overs on the rear (at least, maybe the front to)?

Ernie
Old 05-10-2003, 10:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

Ernie, The sidepipes you have won't bolt up to the standard header. They don't reach in as far as the stock sidepipe.

I can get 302 headers for $350, plain sidepipes with the good mufflers are $350. Front Carrera coilovers run $390. Rear Pro-Shock coilovers run $390.

You will need to have the sidepipes and headers coated. They came as plain steel. The weight of the sidepipes is supported at the front by the headers. I haven't seen a problem with this and I'm pretty sure everyone does it that way. Since the motor has to move from the engine torque the only way to eliminate it is with a solid motor mount.
Don
Old 05-11-2003, 03:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via ICQ to fatman
Not Ranked     

Star;My name is Doug McLane 1st time here in awhile Iwill file a complaint I will share my experience w/you I sued CR . others the others i will not comment on but I will help you anyway I can Rutherford is way to slick for me or any average person that does not have ill intentions.e mail me and I will send you a copy of my filed complaint.
Old 05-13-2003, 06:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 351 Windsor 405 HP
Not Ranked     

Just got letter back from Att.Gen. and attached letter from Tom
Eide answering them. He added a list of parts that they have sent me already and ship dates on what looks to be the entire interior and rear main wiring harness. Shipping date is to be 5/15.
I certainly hope so.
Old 05-13-2003, 06:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Don,,,,you got e-mail from me!

Ernie
Old 05-14-2003, 03:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster,351w 405HP
Not Ranked     

I too received the letter from the AG of ND.It has the response letter from Tom Eide. It also had the back ordered parts list. Not entirely accurate. I have called Pete at CR three times in the past week and could not get him on the phone,left messages. No response as of yet.
I will call the AG tomorrow,to give them a update and my response to the letter.
Charlie Robbins

Last edited by starwolf56; 05-14-2003 at 03:56 AM..
Old 05-22-2003, 06:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I received the seats and door panels today. They look great!
A few other small items came too. With the help from Pete Johnson at IMAR/CR;the list is getting smaller. I believe that Tom Eide has made a commitment to clean up the back order mess. At last!
Still looking for the convertable top,several wiring harnesses,door hinges and some other small items.
I think I'm getting the fever. Looking forward to meeting you guys at the Fling. I'll be the one driving a Silverado.
Starwolf56
Old 05-22-2003, 07:14 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 351W -> 392
Not Ranked     

I certainly hope that I have not received mine due to shipping distances, as it has been over a year since I received my kit!

I will anxiously await the famous UPS driver!

"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier."
Old 05-22-2003, 07:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 351 Windsor 405 HP
Not Ranked     

Starwolf,
Mine came today also,a lot of glue on the seats,thankfully
it came off with alcohol. I guess we will have a long wait for rear harness,which is the only thing stopping me from putting the body on. Headers and side pipes are at Jet Hot,hopefully they will be back soon. I went ot a cruise night on Tues. and there were 6 Cobras there. They all left at the same time,man did that sound nice!
Old 05-30-2003, 09:31 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Angry

Never, in my life, have I dealt with so many sleazey people in one industry than I have since I purchased this kit in Feb. of '02. This is, of course, irrespective of Don and DV and the recent people I have been dealing with in the last month. Those squeaky wheels out there are fortunate with the parts received, but I, the fool, thought better of them. This is incredibly sad that we truly do live in a litigious society where honor is now a dirty word.

{del, del, del}

hey, you got yours, right??

anybody want to buy a kit?

"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier."
Old 05-31-2003, 04:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

JT,
Hang in there fella, we're trying! I know Don is up to his eyeballs and then some in this acquisistion. Of course it takes twice as long, then multiply by three to get results.

In the mean time, come to the Fling, have a cookie and enjoy! We'll do everything possible to make sure "your" Cobra will be available for DVSF IV!

DV.... here's a sneak preview of what's to come
Old 06-01-2003, 07:53 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

DV,
you and I have spoken enough to know where I might be coming from.. but, I am now at my limit, this thred can do nothing but hurt the CR reputation and future purchases.

There are more lawyers in this forum who know much more than I, the argument could be made that by not satisfying prior debts in chronolgical order they have now crossed the line from being negligent to being criminal, and now, like others, I am forced to take action which leaves a bitter taste in my mouth for being patient and kind.

Unfortunatly the chances of me attending the fling have now disappeared as the last thing I want to meet is someone who has received their parts AHEAD of me because they contacted the Atty. General

I little childish? maybe but I had purchased this kit to build for my aging father (he is a good man, and deserves a little fun for having me as a son )in FEB. of last year, and guess what condition the kit is still in due to CR/IMAR lack of respect.

despite this, I do certainly wish you the best success, as I know you will. I just do not want to participate.

Respectfully.....

Old 06-01-2003, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

JT
My order was placed with CR/Imar way back in October of 2001.Not that this should make a difference.All of the past customers of CR/Gary Rutherford that have received the short end of the stick are frustrated and angry.Let's direct this energy in that direction. EVERYONE deserves to get their parts. I too am still missing key parts that prevent assembly.
The complaints I filed with the BBB and the AGO were not entirely self interest complaints.I did include the fact that many were not getting what they paid for from this company.In a previous post I asked for support of this formal complaint. The AGO does in fact wants to know about companies/people doing business in their good state,in a very questionable manner.And yes,I do believe that this complaint led to some parts being shipped to me.After my last talk with Gary Rutherford,I was convinced that if it were up to him,we could all go to H***!
That guy makes me see red!
In conclusion,I refuse to run from CR/IMAR or Gary Rutherford like a dog thats been kicked too many times. I'll go back at them with renewed energy.I won't give up. I'll be at the Fling and I hope you will reconsider.
Charlie
Old 06-01-2003, 02:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

JT... That Sir is NO exscuse to show up. Their are many shoulders to cry on and first in line will be me! Take your pick, left or right. I'm thinking of getting all the CR's guys together so they CAN compare notes, and join forces! Don will be here too! I know he and I are more than a little interested in what is happening/happened to you guys. Believe me we're still doing everything we can do to help!

DV..C'mon, join us. Have a cookie, enjoy the better side of this mess. Truly, there is a better side!
Old 06-01-2003, 07:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: in the search, engine 351 Windsor
Send a message via ICQ to Ken Greene
Not Ranked     

Dv i for one want to know all there is to be known about the CR. and i can't wait for the day when Don can call it his own

Fling!!!!
Old 06-08-2003, 07:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pete at CR/IMAR returned my call thursday.They are still working on the backordered parts. Some progress is being made. He tells me my convertable top is going to ship 6-9-03. Still trying
to get the wiring harnesses and door hinges. The back order list is still about 14 items.
Tom Eide,in a response letter to the AGO dated 5-1-03,stated sales efforts were halted for the car business. I hope that this is a positive step for Don and DV.
Old 06-08-2003, 07:43 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I don't think stopping sales efforts is a good thing at all, textbook sign of the death of a kit company.

Old 06-08-2003, 08:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I didn't post the whole response letter from Tom Eide. It goes on to say : "The acquisition continues to be negotiated and may ultimately be the best solution." The concern for the car portion of the business has been gone for a long time,as evidenced by the backorders and customer service. Surely these people know that they themselves,have destroyed that part of their business. The only logical conclusion would be to sell. At least they would get something for the remains of the car business.
Don and DV ARE the guys that can make this car great! Period!
Tom Eide, if your listening, let's get this deal signed so that we can all move on.
Charlie

Last edited by starwolf56; 06-08-2003 at 08:31 AM..