17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-11-2003, 06:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster,351w 405HP
Not Ranked     
Default Classic Roadsters complaint to the Attorney General of North Dakoda

It's time the silent minority turns into the UNSILENT MAJORITY!!
I'm calling on all Classic Roadster/Sugar Sand customers to speak out. If you have received the short end of the stick from this company and are dissatisfied with the lies,deceit and most importantly not receiving the car kits/parts that have been payed for, join me. We as consumers deserve better from Gary Rutherford and the 'new' owners.
PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT AGAINST CLASSIC
ROADSTERS /SUGAR SAND WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OFFICE OF NORTH DAKODA and the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.

You can file a online complaint with the Better Business Bureau at: www.mnd.bbb.org/commoncomplaint

The Attorney General Office can be reached at :
www.ag.state.nd.us
Select CONSUMER PROTECTION in the right column. You can print out a complaint form to mail in to their office.
They want to hear our complaints about the way this company does business in their state of North Dakoda!

We all have tried in good faith to give them the opportunity to fulfill their sales obligation. WE CONSISTANTLY ARE NOT GETTING WHAT WE PAID FOR.Stand UP AND SPEAK OUT! WE DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS FROM CLASSIC ROADSTERS/SUGAR SAND.PLEASE JOIN ME.TELL YOUR STORY!
DO IT THIS WEEK ! THEY WILL LISTEN!

Last edited by starwolf56; 03-11-2003 at 06:31 PM..
Old 03-11-2003, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Gentlemen,

This pains me to the bone. It is an ugly situation that should never have occurred. I, for one know that Starwolf followed the same steps that many of us took in the early 90's. I, for one feel that he had no choice and has actually taken the only fork in the road that was available.

I don't speak for Don in this scenario, but I strongly suggest if anyone has any parts back ordered over 90 days to follow Starwolfs lead.

I represented over 45 CR's owners in the first fiasco, holding meetings with the attorneys, "Jeff Davis" who finally did do "time*" and other miscellaneous entities (*In no way am I suggesting that the present situation has illegal overtones).

Not that I have any types of problems compared to most of the current orders, but I too have a back order problem. A side window was sent back to CR's for a corrected replacement...A year ago last month! I simply wrote it off to Pete being inundated with work. Personally I hold Pete totally blameless in this fiasco. I simply can't believe he just hasn't given up with the past administration and walked out.

I hope IMAR does step up to the plate. I hope they hit a home run with some solution and let this fabulous Cobra go where it should have, could have, would have, had it been run with "heart" instead of greed.

DV...it is a sad day indeed

Last edited by Double Venom; 03-11-2003 at 08:17 PM..
Old 03-12-2003, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

I had hoped it wouldn't come to this but I guess the time is right. I'm to the point where I can do no more. I've been lied to so many times it's almost laughable. I've been trying to get the harnesses from the supplier for over a month and he keeps lying to me. I don't understand why unless Classic got them mad and they're trying to hold out. The sidepipes have been done but the supplier has put them on COD so they won't get them until he has a check in hand. I'm beginning to have second thoughts on the buyout plan. I don't know if I want the headaches that come along with the company. It may be easier just to start a new one.
I feel so bad for all the customers and I hope that somehow everything can be resolved. I just don't know what else to do.
Don
Old 03-12-2003, 08:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: in the search, engine 351 Windsor
Send a message via ICQ to Ken Greene
Not Ranked     

Don, its easy... you buy it change teh name and get away from all the bad press. use the same skin and chassis setup that is so good.
Just let me know what the new name is so i can buy two.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don, You - we are NOT trying to save Classic Roadsters. Remember that fella! We are trying to save the car and bring it into the 21st Century. Don't you dare give up on me-us! I will form a lynch mob so quick your head wont have a chance to spin!

I understand "Tim" is due back next Monday. Lets at least wait to see what he has to say.

DV.. This too shall pass...we can fix it!
Old 03-12-2003, 09:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just airing some frustration. I'm still working on the buy. Either I get it or it's going down the tubes! Hey Ed, remember Lon Johnston. I just found out he passed away about a month ago. He had MS and his liver was shot. I feel sad! I had some really good times with Lon and the old crew @ Classic. I found out from our drunk friend Randy! He came in the shop the other day, drunk, out of money, no where to go, same old story with him. He's been through treatment too many times to count. I feel sorry for people that can't kick the bottle. He had a warrant out for his arrest for probation violations. I paid for a room for him at the local motel, let him sleep it off and then had him picked up. I hope they can help him this time. He actually called and thanked me from jail! Said he was on the downward spiral and didn't think he would make it this time. Let's say a prayer for him!
Don
Old 03-12-2003, 02:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don,
That is sad, but I think we saw it coming. Randy---hopefully is still salvage case. You done good fella, you done good.

DV...we ARE family, the good the bad, the ugly. We are still family
Old 03-12-2003, 02:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

,,,,,even if he drives a Chevy? ha ha

Ernie
Old 03-13-2003, 05:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: in the search, engine 351 Windsor
Send a message via ICQ to Ken Greene
Not Ranked     

guys if you can save the car I WILL buy one. and probably two.
I know one is a garentee
just let me get the garage built!!!!
Old 03-13-2003, 12:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 351 Windsor 405 HP
Not Ranked     

Why not just sue Sugar Sand?
Old 03-15-2003, 05:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 351 Windsor 405 HP
Not Ranked     
Talking IMAR and Dilbert

I thught this was appropos!!
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2003, 05:51 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Location: Sequim, Washington. Most northwest corner of the U.S.,
Not Ranked     

Don during my trials with CLASSIC I talked with you about buying the company. I love the car and have been told by people much more knowledgeable than me that it is a real quality product. It must survive. It is to good to give up on. Let me know if I can help. I don't know about North Dakota though.
cabo
Old 03-15-2003, 06:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cabo, Thanks, If I can finalize the deal the company will be moved to Minnesota. Everyone knows that people are "nice" in Minnesota so that will be a plus right away! "Minnesota Nice" it's not just a myth! One of the best places to live in the country, and who else can say they had Jesse "The Body" Ventura as a govenor and well over 10,000 lakes to boot!
Don
Old 03-24-2003, 07:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

They owe me $525.00

It's not gonna break me by any means but I sure am glad I told them it was cash in advance. What am I gonna do with 10 polished aluminum castings for their Sebring Saxon Hood.

Gary Rutherford actually called me last week to explain that there's a good chance I won't get paid and I would have to eat the parts. At least he called.

Don Scott said he'd consider taking them off my hands.

Man am I glad I told them cash in advance. I just had a bad feeling. More proof to go with your gut.

If you guys knwo anybody building the Sebring let them know I have 10 of Classics backordered polished hood scoops.

Joe

The above problem has been taken car of. Don Scott is a class act. Th epattern is still in my possession and I can run these aprts for Don as needed.

Last edited by joey; 11-17-2003 at 08:14 AM..
Old 03-24-2003, 07:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don why give them the opportunity to recover any money with a purchase.

Splash the body like they did and reverse engineer a jig for the frame. Eveyrthing else you can get from Enzo or any of the other trim suppliers.

You let me know, I've got 2 patternshops and a fab shop looking for work in Ohio. Screw these people, steal their design, they desrve it.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster; 351W
Not Ranked     

The money will go to the secured lenders then the unsecured creditors. Owners will not likely see anything (I am assuming they have filed chapter 7 or 11). The deal should be structured as an asset purchase. You get the name, drawings, jigs, proprietary knowledge etc., but that is it. The liabilities, potential litigation etc. go away. Bankruptcy is an ugly business - a lot of people get hurt and the lawyers and consultants make lots of $$.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gentlemen,

Before this goes to far off track, our point is: To save one of the finest Cobras on the market.

Upgrade many aspects of the car right down to the manual.

AND, to make sure that all present backorders are fulfilled right down to the last grommet.

Don has one heck of a business background. A true business plan, with morals no less and has insisted if this goes through, there will be no unfilled BO's!

Bankruptcy will take forever and is the last thing any of us want to see happen.

Splashing the car? Naah If it was that easy Don and I would have done that years ago.

We're trying to do this right, the best way we know how and to make it a leader in the industry once again.

IF all the pieces fall into place and Don is able to implement his plan, then all of us will benefit.

Dons' Minnesota Classics, and Jay and I, Classics by Elite, LLC are working hard to that end. It wont be easy, there will be glitches and valleys to cross, and burdens to bare, but you will NEVER be lied too! Good, bad or the ugly, you will get the truth!

DV...so much to do-so little time! I need a cookie!
Old 03-25-2003, 07:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

DV hit the nail on the head. I can't with a good conscience do an asset purchase and leave so many customers holding the bag and having to pay double for parts. Too many of us went through this in the early 90's. I honestly think that if I assume the backorders it will come back to me 3 fold.

The way this was structured was with open orders. The profit from the open orders will fill all backorders. This does add some time for me to get the company in the black but it's well worth it.

joey, I will take the parts from you after the deal is signed.

I hope everyone has some patience once the deal is done. I have to build inventory to supply all the backorders and this will take a little time. There isn't much on the shelf @ Classic right now. We also are going to take on the Badlands and that needs about the same help as the Cobra.

I'll post more details as we move forward.

Don
Old 03-25-2003, 07:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

Don, DV... best of luck, really!!!!

The CR Cobra is just too good to let die.

Who is John Galt?
Old 03-25-2003, 10:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster; 351W
Not Ranked     

I agree, save the CR...

Ok, but you still will want to do an asset purchase; just assume the liabilities in connection with customers still owed parts and subtract this amount from the purchase price. You do not want any other skeletons left from former managment. Your lawyers will surely insist it is done this way.

Lets skin this cat and keep the car alive.

Curt