1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-09-2005, 04:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #139, Indigo blue, white stripes, KeithCraft 351W, 315 WHP, 17" Boyd Smoothies, dual roll bars, gunrack, assorted young females
Not Ranked     
Default Sorry Keith legit dis 4 U

Keith, your Plano shop built my engine/tranny combo last summer.

The "new" starter failed at 19 miles. Embarrassing, in the rain, no top.

The "New" alternator failed at 1300 miles.

Turns out alternator was an O'Reilly's rebuilt.

And your Plano boys put it on a new $10,750 engine.

Well, F me.

The second O'Reilly's rebuilt alternator also failed.

I'm out labour in both directions.

I took my Backdraft to the Ford house and now I have a nice, new, overpriced Ford factory alternator.

I repeat, I paid CASH for a KeithCraft Motorsports 351W and Tremec TKO 500, installed.

I have seen NO paperwork on this, don't even have the dyno sheets.

KeithCraft has a warranty of some kind?

Jeez, for $10K I'd like to see it.

F' me.

Look, I don't care if you are in a cat fight with Backdraft.

I'm paying the bills.

Correction, I PAID the bills.

I repeat. I PAID THE BILLS! You hammered the check.

And I am totally and completely PO'd.

Sorry, Keith, but MF!

It's my money.

Your boy in Plano won't return my emails. F him too.

I hate to go public on this forum, I have tried other methods,
but I spent the money and did not get the return I expected.

UT
Old 05-09-2005, 06:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 SC
Send a message via AIM to Specialk Send a message via Skype™ to Specialk
Not Ranked     

I assume you exhausted all efforts to contact him (certified letter?) before lobbing a grenade at him.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     

Grenede my a$$........more like a nuclear attack

Brian
Old 05-09-2005, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #139, Indigo blue, white stripes, KeithCraft 351W, 315 WHP, 17" Boyd Smoothies, dual roll bars, gunrack, assorted young females
Not Ranked     

Kris, you "assumed."

After almost a year, I went for The Man and bypassed his lackeys.

Stand aside please and learn.

KeithCraft is one of the most respected engine/powertrain companies out there.

I got jerked around by KeithCraft's subsidiary in Plano.

I don't care about their internal catfights with BDR and their former dealer...

I repeat, I paid the bill.

I not only don't have any kind of written warranty, I don't even have a receipt that they built my engine!

I don't care if KeithCraft and BDR are in some kind of pissing contest, all I know is that I am apparently paying the bill for somebody's little war.

I will understand if the Moderator deletes my postings.

I am the "injured" party that's out a shi++ load of money, I don't know who the "bad guy" is.

But Keith Craft's people built (poorly) my powertrain and he is responsible for it, ultimately.

That's the way life works.

UT
Old 05-09-2005, 07:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to kcm3
Not Ranked     

Uncle Todd
According to our records at Keith Craft Motorsports, the alternator in question was supplied by Robert at Victory.
We do not pick where he bought the part and the issue should be taken up with and not on a public forum. Any issues with the install needs to be addressed to Rob at KCM by calling 972-578-3550.
The issue of the price paid was determined by Robert and I assure you we did not charge him $10k for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob
Old 05-09-2005, 08:19 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

Tough stuff tonight! Hopefully Keith will respond and everything will work out as well.
Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 05-09-2005, 08:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So where is any paperchase that shows I own a KeithCraft Motorsports engine?

Sorry, Rob, your bad.

Don't blame everything on Boudy.

After almost a year it took a pissed-off posting at ClubCobra to get a response from your place of business.

My mechanics are still fixing a poor powertrain install.

I'm at 1,500 miles and I own a rotorcraft- one hour in the air, two hours in the shop.

What warranty?

Where are my dyno "braggin'" sheets?

From August of last year?

You Keith guys don't have a problem when N. TX folks brag on you...

But I post the legit problems I have tried to deal with... and you want me to call you off the forum.

Funny, you, or KC Plano, would not return my calls last summer.

Or last fall.

I repeat, I don't care what happened between KC and Victory Motors... you got paid.

Sorry, Moderator, I'm done now.

My KC Motorsports warranty is null and void. Probably never existed. I'm on my own, I know that now.

I love my powertrain, expensive fixes and all, but we will never be friends.

UT
Old 05-09-2005, 09:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     

This is the first i have heard of any of this. I have never been contacted by anyone by phone about this problem. I will check my paper work at the Keith Craft Racing shop, but I do not believe we were paid to dyno test the engine here. There may be chassi dyno sheets at the Plano location. I do know that Boody or what ever his name was lied to several people about the cars he was selling them and lied to us about several things as well and then split town. He got a lot of the parts his self and brought to us. I hate that we evr got hooked up with this guy because i told rob it would come back to haunt us. I feel that he needs to be talked to be yourself and Rob about these issues. I will talk to Rob tomorrow about your car. Have you tried to talk Boody the Backdraft dealer you delt with. i think we both need to choke this guy. Sorry for your problems but like I said this is the first I have heard of it. feel free to call me or Rob. Thanks, Keith Craft
Old 05-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

I don't normally get into this pissing match stuff but I am going to stup up here because I am at the shop almost every day to go to lunch with Rob.

Todd you need to take it up with Boudy. Rob tried and tried and tried to get the parts for your car but Boudy wouldn't pay for it...if I remember right Boudy bought a shortblock from Rob and had him assemble what he brought him. Thats not a KC motor...it was never dyno'd as a motor and I don't think the short blocks even come with front covers or oil pans.

Also did you ever pay Keith Craft Motorsports? I believe and correct me if I am wrong but you payed Boudy....Boudy was their customer and whatever he told you he said doesn't mean it was true.

I shouldn't be replying to this...I shouldn't get in the middle of it but Rob is a friend and if he sells you something he makes it right...in this case Boudy is the person in the middle that sold you something and then gave Rob the equipment to install....You should be taking it up with Boudy.

Matt
2006 Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon

Last edited by 427Aggie; 05-10-2005 at 09:25 AM..
Old 05-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Default This seems to have gotten out of hand!

Gentlemen,
It appears both parties in this were "led along a garden path", by a third party that has gone out of business. I am personally aware of some poor business practices that lead to the demise, not the least of which was using/supplying sub-standard or questionable parts.
Todd, you are directing your anger towards the wrong people, so I am asking you to pull this post, or at the very least change the title line to reflect the people YOU chose to actually do business with. I believe this post is unfair, but I also believe that if you decide to rationally talk to Keith and get the absolute truth in their transactions with Victory, you will be able to come to a much more equitable solution.
As a moderator on another forum, I am asking you to think about what I have said, and then do the right thing!
John Russell

Last edited by jrussell; 05-10-2005 at 10:43 AM..
Old 05-10-2005, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

uncltodd

I've noted your problems over the past several months and I feel for you, but I must say from reading your own posts above that it is unclear whom you were under contract with.

Please explain, if you would, whether you dealt directly with KCM or through Victory, and why you think Plano should be responsible for items provided by Victory and for the installation issues you're having.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Was the business name Keith Craft Plano? If Keith allowed someone to use his name on their business he has a responsibility to make sure the clients of this business are taken care of. If Victory motorsports was a dealer in Plano who installed Keith Craft motors then it is hard to place the blame on Keith Craft when parts he may or may not have installed go bad.

Either way I feel for you. It is no fun being part of a bad business deal. Just make sure you direct your anger at the right folks!
Old 05-10-2005, 02:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to kcm3
Not Ranked     

Once again, We did not sell uncle Todd anything! All parts, car,tranny etc.. was purchased by Uncle Todd and he purchased these items EXCLUSIVELY through Robert Boudy of Victory Classics, which is no longer in business. We at KCM have a sterling reputation for customer service and uncompromising quality work. At no time have we been contacted about this matter other than being slammed on the net. If you want to call or visit us at our facility we will be more than happy to help you with your problem. When your original starter (new A/C delco went out after 19 miles) we refunded Robert Boudy the money and have documentation as proof. We have nothing to do with this matter beyond that. There is are many reasons why we are still in business with huge backlogs of work!

Last edited by kcm3; 05-10-2005 at 03:24 PM..
Old 05-10-2005, 09:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR Car # 186 & Keith Craft Aluminum 427 Windsor
Not Ranked     

Count me in as one who typically doesn’t get in on someone else’s pissing match, but…..

I purchased a BDR as well from Boudy at Victory. Boudy offered “Keith Craft” engines as part of his turn key packages. While researching the build, I found that the KC engines he was offering only had a few, so called, “Keith Craft components” and were really not Keith Craft engines. Once I talked to Keith and Tony at Keith Craft Racing, I realized we were talking about two completely different animals.

I think everyone here knows the difference between building an engine and assembling an engine. Having Rob in Plano assemble a few of Boudy’s parts is quite different then having Keith Craft Racing build you an engine.

I asked a lot of questions and talked to several KC customers and never found anyone who was dissatisfied.

As in every case I have had a few bugs; a failed MSD box and a throw out bearing - which they replaced without any problems at all. They are always super busy but worked me in and took care of the problem quickly.

Cobras are not cheap toys regardless of the manufacture you bought or the engine you chose. Understandably, with the time and money involved, emotions run high when things go bump.

I’m not pretending to know the details here; just that I chose a different route and have only had a great experience with the team at Keith Craft Racing and Keith Craft Motorsports. .

Rod
Old 05-23-2005, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

KCMSports Plano did my engine build and install to the best of my knowledge.

The clutch adjustment was so out of whack, according to my mechaniciens, that I not only smoked the clutch, the clutch was burning itself up at idle with the clutch alll the way to to floor.

Also ate the flywheel, for God's sake.

It is is useless, heat damage and warpage.

I saw the pretty color changes.

I can put #139 back on the road in three days if the parts come in.

I will be out $1100 parts plus labour.

I'm caught in the middle, I just wanna drive my little blue car.

I repeat, I was told that my engine and tranny were installed by KC in Plano.

I'm sure I have been jerked around...

But I'm in the middle of a pi$$ing contest.

And I am out many, many dollars.

I want to drive my little blue car.

F me.

UT
Old 05-23-2005, 03:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

This has got to be one of the most discombobulated complaints I have ever read on any car forum. Sure,it seems you got a raw deal from your dealer.It sounds like you did not do much homework and now want to whine about it in hopes KC or some one else will step in and clean up your crap. Go find Boudy and beat the sh!t out of him or look in the mirror and realize you have to move on. At any rate it sound like the only person that can help you is yourself,so fix it and go drive your little blue car. chuck
Old 05-23-2005, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via MSN to CowtownCobra
Not Ranked     

Its that Boody character you need to slam down. He won't show his face in these parts any more....wonder why...he lists his hobby here at CC as "plotting revenge"...does he plan to be on the giving or receiving end of it?...

Sign me a satisfied KCM and KCR customer.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 89 KEITH CRAFT ALL ALUMINUM 427 WINDSOR
Not Ranked     

I bought my cobra from Boudy. Waited 11 months to recieve car which was supoose to be delivered in 6 months. Thru out that wait I started to see some changes in Boudy and our deal with the car. When car was delivered somethings not to my expectations on quality and what I ordered. He wanted to handle the install and so forth, but I grew a little leary on the situation so I handled things from then on. I ordered my motor from Kieth himself, I had Rob do the install, I paid all the bills when handed to me, I now have had no problems with parts, service or have to run and hide from nobody in TCC or Kieth Craft Racing, Very satisfied, it could be better if I could talk Kieth out of one of those Kirkhams at a brother-in-law deal though. For the most parts Boudy, ME, and my wife are still friends, just hadn't seen much of the fellar lately though.

DON
Old 05-23-2005, 04:20 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

UT,
At this late date I can't imagine how KC Plano could have anything at all to do with your clutch adjustment.

After KCP was finished with the install boudy got hold of it.You posted how boudy wanted to keep it and do some shake down on it.You objected and got it without that being done.

Did you ever check the adjustment ???

In a short period of time the wheel came off and you bent some pushrods by over reving it.
It went back to KCP and they fixed the engine and installed a rev limiter.
This time when it was done you allowed boudy to keep it and put a few hundred miles on it to check it out.

Did boudy ever check or adjust the clutch ???

Boudy disappeared and finally boudy's Dad got it to you.

A good amount of time and abuse has been inflicted on it by now.

When in all of this have you checked and adjusted the clutch ???

That is the owners job after taking delivery.

I hope you start putting all of this behind you,get it fixed,and start enjoying MANY trouble free mile.

AND QUIT WHINING !!!

Last edited by 392cobra; 05-24-2005 at 06:08 AM..
Old 05-23-2005, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Vette suspension, Baer 6P brakes, 540 cid Chevy, Haltech Fuel Injection
Not Ranked     

You decided to pole-vault the poor car through a ditch and a fence. Ya don't think things mighta got outta adjustment during your four-wheel excursion? duh!

How could you not know the clutch was dragging? Couldn't you feel it pull without your foot on the brake? Couldn't you feel the dragging when sitting in the car? Did you think it was an automatic?

geeeezzzzz....

BTW, I have a Chevy engine and have never even thought of buying a KCM motor or a BDR, so I have no dog in this fight, but I finally had to say something after seeing your trail of whines over the past months.

waaahhhhh! waaaahhhhh!

Last edited by ItBites; 05-23-2005 at 06:46 PM..
Closed Thread