CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to mj_duell
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMahon
Mike,

I don't want to stress you out, but I thought you needed to know this...

...the entire Canadian economy is relying on Turn Ten racing to keep it afloat!

I thought your analogy of Kirkham was a good one. I also feel that folks should support a fellow Cobra enthusiast and CC member first. I feel Mike is working on a superior product here with lots of additional strength and engineering applied to that chassis...very nice!

John,
Thanks for the added stress . First I have to keep Turn Ten afloat, now all of the Canadians! Their not hurting that bad, have you seen the exchange rates lately? I am working very hard and it has been difficult, but totally worth it. We are small and it is hard to compete in a market full of makers of fine products no matter where they are made. I do it for the love of the car, the love of racing and the constant stream of new people I get to meet. I want Turn Ten Racing to sell the best frame and parts that are available and do things to a high standard.

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 148 with 427 SO
Not Ranked     

why don't you bring one down to Tulsa for the MidAmerica meet. I would love to see it. I have started a wondering eye for something new..

Buzz
Old 05-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF GT40P-2265/393W, KMP318 (PROJECT!!!!!)/CSX478
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMH
I like things like the round frame and the floor mounted pedals from Turn Ten Racing . FFR's frame is a combo of round tube and square tube. Those along with the more original shape body (no offense to the FFR crowd)... I'd buy the Turn Ten car.
That's my $.02.
Larry
I like 'em both, too.

"Dishwasher? I thought that was for cleaning parts!?"
Old 05-17-2006, 07:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

Has anyone tried to answer the original question?

The FFR and D&D (Turn Ten Racing) are both very high quality products with very good engineering. Each takes a departure from the original- D&D is slightly different from the original in the frame design. I notice that the D&D has vastly improved the anti-intrusion frame work for the footbox areas as did FFR with their design. The FFR design is "true to the spirit of the original" but took some substantial license with the frame design. However, it is closer to the original design than 90% of the kits out there.

Keep in mind the D&D product only comes as a roller while the FFR kit comes as a kit, ready for you to build to your exact idea of what you want. Both kits are very high quality IMHO. Depends on what you are looking for.
Personally, I lean toward the D&D due to the more original looking chassis design and body. Just my 2 cent's worth.- Bob
Old 05-18-2006, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Peaks
Keep in mind the D&D product only comes as a roller while the FFR kit comes as a kit
Don and I have been thinking about this for awhile. Let me put this question our there. If you could buy parts individually or groups of parts, kind of a "Build your own" kit, would there be interest?;

Example only:

Buy just the frame for $6300.00

or

Buy the Frame, steering rack, front upper & lower arms,(4) coil-over shocks,
front spindles, tie-rod ends (powder coated and set-up with brackets
for
IRS). $7995.00

You could then purchase the body or other parts off of a menu of items. You would still be able to buy the current packages as well.

Old 05-18-2006, 11:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 FIA
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
any input on comparisons good or bad would be a help
I like the frames on both the look pretty much the same so far from my investigating.

These are the only 2 manufactures that I have found suppling these type of frames .. that will be good for racing and cruzing
Freddie:
When you say "these type of frames", do you mean round tube? If so, both Kirkham and Premier Motorsports also offer round tube frames.

Last edited by Russ Dickey; 05-18-2006 at 11:27 AM..
Old 05-18-2006, 03:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Late 70s Allied Industries?? 454 BBC; alum copo heads and intake THM 400 12 bolt posi ++ 06 CL 55 AMG
Not Ranked     

Mike -- methinks that such custom opportunities/packages would cut down on volume and profits -- I commend you on trying to serve your customers. I am taking the day off tomorrow - I will try to stop by and say hello.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Russ when I was talking about the frame I do mean the round tubes, but also the complete chassis with all the supports, from the pictures i've seen of premier they do not have all the support structure like FF or turn ten does, And kirkam is more than I am looking to spend and they do not have a kit that I get to put together.

thxs freddie
Old 05-23-2006, 02:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Facotry Five Daytona Coupe 392 Ford Racing
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by *13*
Whew, Glad I got mine already!
I just looked at your gallery, love your FIA. Looks GREAT
Old 05-23-2006, 03:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Don and I have been thinking about this for awhile. Let me put this question our there. If you could buy parts individually or groups of parts, kind of a "Build your own" kit, would there be interest?;

Example only:

Buy just the frame for $6300.00

or

Buy the Frame, steering rack, front upper & lower arms,(4) coil-over shocks,
front spindles, tie-rod ends (powder coated and set-up with brackets
for
IRS). $7995.00

You could then purchase the body or other parts off of a menu of items. You would still be able to buy the current packages as well.
Mike,
I think that if you offered this package as you stated it would be a big hit. Your chassis and body are very nice and very original IMHO and the workmanship is terrific. With your pricing scheme, you would be competitive with FFR and others while addressing the few knocks that people have with FFR- the non-original looking body and the chassis that is also not original but as close as most come to it for the price.

The only problem I could see with doing this however, is that you would have to ramp up production quickly because you would have a very popular product very quickly. I'm not sure that is a bad thing?
If that were to happen, I would consider being a West Coast distributor for D&D.

Bob
Old 05-24-2006, 04:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi Bob,
Don and I ran that idea by some people at Carlisle and they seem to be in agreement with you. I think we will start working on a "Build Your Own Kit" Package soon. We found that one of the other factors that people liked was that we have two frames to choose from. I have been spending my time promoting the EVO 5 competition style frame and did not really get into the EVO 4. Many people wanted a nice street ride with a huge trunk and IRS. The EVO 4 comes with all of that stuff standard and I never even thought to promote it and all of the performance options available on the EVO 5 will work on that chassis. We have a lot of advantages we need to offer. I am heading off for a family vacation this week and I am bringing my laptop. I should have a basic kit list for the "Build Your Own Kit" by the time I get back. Even though the thought of a huge number of orders is attactive, Don and I wish to keep the current 4-5 Rollers/TKM's production we have now. This lets us give a high level of finish to customers and gives us an edge as far as quality. I'm not saying we may never get high production numbers, but for now it's first-come-first-served so we can offer custom services and keep everything tight. Don has broken ground on a new facility and we might be able to go to 8 cars amonth when it is completed.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Your new build your own kit....

Hey Mike had a great time up in Reno how was Carlise for you.

Your new build your own kit sounds like it will be good. Please send to me when you have it ready, But I'm sure you were gonna.
I look forward to seeing it.

Thanks Freddie
Old 05-24-2006, 10:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default build your own

of course it would be a evo 5 for me thxs again
Old 06-06-2006, 05:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
of course it would be a evo 5 for me thxs again
Hi Freddie,
Sorry it has been awhile since my last post, been out of town. I will be posting a "Build Your Own" kit list this coming weekend. You will be able to buy the finished major parts individually and smaller pieces in assemblies. More on this later. I haven't had a lot of time because we are getting ready for London, Ohio. I will also be posting a "EVO 5 Build" page to show the construction of the London display car.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

sounds good mike waiting to see what you come up with ......

freddie
Old 06-13-2006, 11:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I would also be interested in the kit package. My wife and I race mustangs and she has started talking about putting a turbo motor in one of the cobras to make a "quick little street car!" here we go again...
Old 06-14-2006, 04:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradinwva
I would also be interested in the kit package. My wife and I race mustangs and she has started talking about putting a turbo motor in one of the cobras to make a "quick little street car!" here we go again...

I have posted a very preliminary list of part prices here:

http://www.turntenracing.com/PageTem...c=BuildYourOwn

I will be updating the menu and adding "Combo" kits, like the entire front suspension etc. We have been very busy getting ready for London, so I don't have time to add to it this week. If you have any questions please let me know mj_duell@turntenracing.com or call (585) 415-6701. Don't forget we also have our standard packages.

http://www.turntenracing.com/PageTem...ollerPartsList

Thanks,

Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique & Collectible
Not Ranked     

I have to get in on this. Maybe he should buy the Canadian Car sold by the American. Build it with Canadian and American parts. Ever see where some Ford 9" Rear Ends are built. When it's finished he can call it a North American Car. Yes, there is a North American Auto Pact.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

We'll be right over to swap out yours for a SBC........oh the very thought of it yuk!

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way
Old 08-03-2006, 08:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't have one yet but looking at Factory Five and Lonestar Classics
Send a message via Yahoo to redneck_rebel
Not Ranked     

I work for a Japanese company that ya might've heard of its a small little outfit called Honda of AMERICA Manufacturing and seems to me that most of us take that good Japanese Paycheck and use it to buy American products so I guess what I'm trying to say is theres no such thing as an "american" car anymore... heck last i checked the car with the highest percentage of american content was the Toyota Camry