Old 08-04-2006, 03:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to mj_duell
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck_rebel
I work for a Japanese company that ya might've heard of its a small little outfit called Honda of AMERICA Manufacturing and seems to me that most of us take that good Japanese Paycheck and use it to buy American products so I guess what I'm trying to say is theres no such thing as an "american" car anymore... heck last i checked the car with the highest percentage of american content was the Toyota Camry
I really do love this answer because it is 100% correct.

I don't understand why some others here think that a replica made in Canada is any better or worse than the kits produced in the U.S. or anywhere else. The profits from U.S. sales stay here. I pay my U.S. assemblers here as well. I do not see anyone saying they will not buy BDR, SPF, KMP or others made outside the U.S. I have been following this thread for awhile and I think it has gone off topic. Which country the kit is produced in has little to do with the nuts and bolts comparison between FFR and TTR.

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I really like the looks of that chassis Mike, a lot better looking than that funky looking square support tubes that some others use.

Let me know when you are ready and I will give it a shakdown at WGI.

Roger D
Old 08-04-2006, 06:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X #99
I really like the looks of that chassis Mike, a lot better looking than that funky looking square support tubes that some others use.

Let me know when you are ready and I will give it a shakdown at WGI.

Roger D
Hi Roger,
Had a great time blastin around da Glen and hanging with you and John and the other Crankiods yesterday. Some serious gearheads and equipment showed up to that event. I'll get the EVO 5 display car done and prepped for September. Who knows maybe we can get a GT together for the spring. I believe we can get these cars dialed in with a good ole Cranky thrashing .

Old 08-21-2006, 04:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I want to hear more.
I am interested in both the D&D Cobra and FFR. In Canada there is not many cost effective options. The D&D may save a lot in shipping, duties and brokerage vs the FFR.
Chris

Last edited by Crusty1; 08-22-2006 at 06:08 AM..
Old 08-21-2006, 04:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty1
I want to hear more.
I am looking interested in both the D&D Cobra and FFR. In Canada there is not many cost effective options. The D&D may save a lot in shipping, duties and brokerage vs the FFR.
Chris
Hi Crusty1,
Well I can help you out with any technical questions that you may have. Feel free to take a look at our web site (www.turntenracing.com) and our gallery here at CC (see signature below) as well. Don will also be able to answer questions and give you information as far as the Ministry of Transportation and pricing in Canada. Here is their web site and phone: www.ddcobra.com / 450.658.2315 Tell Don, Mike at TTR sent you.

Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj_duell
Hi Crusty1,
Well I can help you out with any technical questions that you may have. Feel free to take a look at our web site (www.turntenracing.com) and our gallery here at CC (see signature below) as well. Don will also be able to answer questions and give you information as far as the Ministry of Transportation and pricing in Canada. Here is their web site and phone: www.ddcobra.com / 450.658.2315 Tell Don, Mike at TTR sent you.

Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.
Thanks Mike, I got your email.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well, my FFR dream has taken a complete 180. The D&D product looks great! I think it might be the best option in Canada.
I don't think that the IRS parts can be ordered from ffr to ship into Canada due to customs and government regs. So if you want the IRS you would order the standard kit and have to figure it out once you got it here. D&D ships the chassis as a roller. Everything is lined up and installed, no donor parts, and the price looks like it will be comparable. Throw in a motor, tranny, splash on some paint, and I imagine a whole lot of electrical needs to be done, and your off to the races!
Chris
Old 08-23-2006, 07:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Well, my FFR dream has taken a complete 180. The D&D product looks great! I think it might be the best option in Canada.
I don't think that the IRS parts can be ordered from ffr to ship into Canada due to customs and government regs. So if you want the IRS you would order the standard kit and have to figure it out once you got it here. D&D ships the chassis as a roller. Everything is lined up and installed, no donor parts, and the price looks like it will be comparable. Throw in a motor, tranny, splash on some paint, and I imagine a whole lot of electrical needs to be done, and your off to the races!
Chris
Hi Chris,
It was good talking to you via email. I'm glad you are giving D&D a solid look, you will be very happy. Don't forget to checkout the optional equipment available through D&D. The swaybar package is a work of art and there is a great 13" Cobra brake option as well. TTR has also just made a deal with a billet CNC company for custom billet front upper and lower control arms and specially built billet IRS uprights for use with the T-bird parts. We had them designed to work on both our frames and FFR. The EVO chassis uses a very strong, lightweight frame so I think all of your performance wishes will be answered.

Old 08-23-2006, 12:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra, 427SO 2x4's, 630HP/600TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Chris
Crusty:
FWIW: I was up in your neck of the woods racing at Sanair Speedway a few weeks back with a friend of mine that happpens to be a FE motor head and Mechanical Engineer. We had the opportunity to look over the D&D product in detail; inside, out, over and under. Keep in mind that I own a 3200.lb porker called a Stallion which resembles the traditional Cobra style but is set up for racing and is built like a tank. We looked at the Turn Ten's product in great detail and we also met Mike. It's human nature to make comparisons and be cynical, which we did privately. The D&D is well engineered and we both liked the design, construction and the appearance. Typically, if I don't care for someone elses design I don't say anything because I don't want to hurt someones feeling or burst their bubble for all the work and time they put into it, but if I do like it; I go out of my way to let them know. The clown that was with me (being an anal engineer) always has a better way to do something, however with the D&D he was appreciably quiet. Later, driving back to the states he commented; "well designed vehicle". Coming from him; that's saying something. We also found Mike to be candid, informative, helpful and generous in making our visit at the track very enjoyable. There were times when it would have been advantageous if I spoke French but it's amazing what you can accomplish with hand signals and sign language. Lots of "thumbs" up came our way too and the people were great. Common interests always helps.

Secondly; regardless of what you hear, if you can avoid logistics issues between the states and Canada then I would recommend you do so. For me; getting parts OUT of Canada to the states is a pain in the ass and can get pricy unless the manufacturer has a distribution point with inventory IN the states. Enough said on that subject.

In my opinion, I don't believe anyone would be disappointed with the D&D Cobra. It's a beautiful design and also has some unique traits which I found esthetically appealing, like the seams on the quarter panels. These guys have done a nice job with their design and when a manufacturer is hungry to break into a market; service is usually their highest priority to be successful. And service is something you want with these wheel barrels. After meeting Mike, I have no doubt you'll get all the support you need. Good luck with your venture.

Bernie

Last edited by Burnd; 08-23-2006 at 12:42 PM..
Old 08-27-2006, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I Burnd, enjoyed that ride you and partner gave to my wife and I at Sanair Speedway in your Cobra, had a great day!
Yes, I also have taken a 180 with DD and TurnTen product.
Crusty1, I think we started a fire at the FFR forum on Why FFR? Post...
Breakout the Fire Hoses ding, ding ding!!
Old 08-27-2006, 12:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I just read the thread over at FFCobra. Those guys seem a little irked and mis-informed. Oh, well. Get a few good DD Cobras running around Canada and their tune may change. Oh, by the way to the FFR converts who are now trying Don's product. We have another secret in the works as well and it will be available to the pubic in the U.S. next week. You will see it appear on our display car shortly (see gallery). For now I will just post a picture below and say it not only fits our frame but FFR as well and the rest of the suspension pieces, lower arms, front uprights to replace the spindles and IRS arms and rear uprights will be available in about a month. Can you say "Billet"?

Let me know if you need them in Canada, I'll work it out with Don. I wonder what the FFCobra guys are going to think when we buy advertising on FFCobra in the next month or two?

Last edited by mj_duell; 08-27-2006 at 12:32 PM..
Old 08-27-2006, 07:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Misinformed? no... just when you think you have it all figured out a new better more improved product comes along and you just have to stay open minded and curb the big ego!!!....some at the FFR forum don't have enough of one and too much of the other!...as for FIRES well were all used to that in Canada...keeps us warm with the long winter months ahead..I love these Cobra forums... so much information 24/7....but isn't what this is all about? ....
Old 08-28-2006, 10:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra, 427SO 2x4's, 630HP/600TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwant1_2
I Burnd, enjoyed that ride you and partner gave to my wife and I at Sanair Speedway in your Cobra, had a great day!
iwant1:

I'm glad that you and your wife enjoyed the spin. It's alway a pleasure to share common interests. If I overcome some heat issues with my car i plan to be back up there in September and will let you know. Good luck with your new venture.

Bernie