Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree9Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 01:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Screw your ancient chinese proverb MAD MAXI PAD.

Bill did what I have total respect for.....He TOOK A SHOT....and it paid off for him!!!

It could have gone another way....So far it looks like he nailed it.

I love it!!!

Elbow grease, KNOWLEDGE, and WORK!!!! You know, the stuff that makes people successful!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
Rock on!!
Ancient chinese proverb say you used wrong dipstick. You need use dipstick located on engine not dipstick located behind steering wheel to check oil!!!!!!!!!

Although culturally insensitive, the meaning is quite funny. I will have to borrow that one down the road, although cleaned-up for multi-cultural audiences.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjake View Post
Bill did what I have total respect for.....He TOOK A SHOT....and it paid off for him!!!
Bill takes lots of shots that pay off. The guy is luckier than a 4-leaf clover or shrewd like a fox.

I'm more like a Bison crossing the road in Yellowstone Park blocking traffic for miles. Too stupid to care.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

No luck involved. It's called doing your due diligence and making decisions based off your knowledge and experience which previous owner lacked.

QUOTE=RodKnock;1262473]Bill takes lots of shots that pay off. The guy is luckier than a 4-leaf clover or shrewd like a fox.

I'm more like a Bison crossing the road in Yellowstone Park blocking traffic for miles. Too stupid to care. [/quote]
Old 09-12-2013, 03:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

No.......There was definitely a certain level of LUCK involved here. Bill never checked the car out before or even when he picked it up. Didn't even test drive it.

He took a shot and KNEW at the price he paid, if he got lucky he was in great shape on the car....If it needed a rebuild, he was STILL in good shape. Those are BILL's words....Not mine.... Either way, as both HE and I know.....He got a great deal on a nice car....And I drove it for FREE for the entire time I owned it.

Even Bill said he had his fingers crossed on the repairs....(see HIS previous posts)

Nice try though MAD MAXI PAD

I'm happy for Bill. He EARNED it!!!

Now he can just enjoy the car !

Last edited by fdjake; 09-12-2013 at 03:33 PM..
Old 09-12-2013, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

He risked nothing at the price he paid.
Ancient Chinese proverb say, a fool and his money soon part sounds like fdjackoff drove all over the north east paying people who could not change an intake gasket, stupid assssss.

Quote:
No.......There was definitely a certain level of LUCK involved here. Bill never checked the car out before or even when he picked it up. Didn't even test drive it.

He took a shot and KNEW at the price he paid, if he got lucky he was in great shape on the car....If it needed a rebuild, he was STILL in good shape. Those are BILL's words....Not mine.... Either way, as both HE and I know.....He got a great deal on a nice car....And I drove it for FREE for the entire time I owned it.

Even Bill said he had his fingers crossed on the repairs....(see HIS previous posts)

Nice try though MAD MAXI PAD

I'm happy for Bill. He EARNED it!!!

Now he can just enjoy the car !

Last edited by madmaxx; 09-12-2013 at 03:53 PM..
Old 09-12-2013, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Who said he RISKED anything???

Only Mad Maxi Pad!!!

I know how much TIME you spent on this transaction Maxi Pad....All the phone calls, the bank wires, the RESEARCH.....

Oh that's right....

You did NOTHING but run your SUCK here!!! What a BLOW BAG!

Yea that $100 bill I gave Bob Mason was a real killer.....

SOLD it for what I BOUGHT it for......Drove it for FREE!!! Sold it to a guy willing to take a shot. It paid off for him..

I'm honestly happy for the man!

Last edited by fdjake; 09-12-2013 at 04:10 PM..
Old 09-12-2013, 04:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Looks like that 100 bill cost you about 13k in lost profit as this car is worth 55k as it sits today. Actually it cost you 12,950 since it needed intake gaskets.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm OK with that...

I flipped 4 houses this month that I made 6 figures on.....Bill can have the $12K....He earned it

I drove that car for a year and learned WHY people sell Cobra's so fast......Nice cars but in New England it's basically a motorcycle......

Replaced it with a GT40 w A/C that I drive a LOT more.....

Last edited by fdjake; 09-12-2013 at 04:47 PM..
Old 09-12-2013, 05:23 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down

Quote:
I'm OK with that...

I flipped 4 houses this month that I made 6 figures on.....Bill can have the $12K....He earned it

I drove that car for a year and learned WHY people sell Cobra's so fast......Nice cars but in New England it's basically a motorcycle......

Replaced it with a GT40 w A/C that I drive a LOT more.....
And to think all of the negative, ego induced posts on this thread all started with something as simple as this.

Some people need to learn when to quit while they are behind.

From the start (actually from the start of your time here on ClubCobra) it was clear that you were upset, your posts (and then edits) show it to be. Your changing story to attempt to prove yourself right went far overboard, to the point where you even edited out certain boasts and/or claims (don't deny it, I have copies of the original posts before you had a chance to edit them out, or re-edit them two or three times in some cases). Enough is enough, you do not understand it is not about the money, on this forum, money is secondary to the enthusiasm of the owners and/or potential owners. There are many here who earn 7+ figures a year in their chosen profession, they are the smart ones to never flaunt these facts of their success.

Take the ego trips elsewhere and leave this thread for those that want to see how my repairs and upgrades to the car progress.

Enough said.

Bill S.

PS: I apologize to those who have had to weed through the bullcrap that has transpired here only to see me spout off while I held my breath since the beginning. I shall now go back to posting updates and facts, good, bad or otherwise as they show themselves.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 09-12-2013, 05:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If was about the MONEY Bill .....YOU would have never OWNED this car.

Remember that
Old 09-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

WTH is this?

Move along. This took a wrong turn.

thanks
Ron
ClubCobra Moderator.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Both of you...STFU!

Everyone else...enjoy your evening.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Damn it...you got some kind of supercharged keyboard?
Large Arbor likes this.