Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Hurricane Motorsports

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2007, 01:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

What type of tranny would you put on the 390?
Old 09-30-2007, 05:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

Josh, The folks ( Mike, Rich, Ron and Tammara) at Hurricane are fantastic to work with and will make everything easy.
They can will build the motor mounts for whatever engine you want, including the headers and guess what..everything fits perfectly.
I went with a Southern Automotive 428 FE and a tremic tko 600 and a 325 rearend ratio. My car runs great and only tachs. about 2500 rpms at 80mph in 5th.gear. Lots of open highways here in AZ so top end is a good thing for me.
Engine chioce is certainly yours and a Windors or an FE are both very good. The FE will get more fan appreciation at the shows and add some value at resale time.

Best of luck, Bill
Old 09-30-2007, 09:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Still searching
Not Ranked     

Josh,

This is a good article that you may have seen. Its a 428FE vs 427W, but good SB/BB comparison.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/techa...est/index.html

I have to answer the exact question you do, 427W or an FE. It is very important TO ME to have 427 CI under the hood. The 427W makes all sorts of logical sense from a weight/fit standpoint, but the Corbra 427 is and always will be a big block car TO ME. I have decided to do the 428 FE (actully 426.5 CI) as it is MUCH less expensive than the 427 FE. I can afford a side oiler, but just can't justify the extra $10-12K (or more).

Mark
Old 10-02-2007, 11:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBiz
Where is a reasonable place to buy a motor from? Any good companies or websites?
I've been looking at this guys website and it seems he's done a ton of nice engines for different purposes and I would definitely consider him.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, CHP 427w Streetfignter, Injected Venom.Mass-Flo...550 hp , 550 torq..spec pulley sys..
Not Ranked     

for what it is worth.......there is a nice company here in So Cal......CHP....and they have an ad right next to this post! I have one of theirs......a 427w.......it makes 550 hp and same for torque! I went to the limit on mine.....got the mass flo (really a great drive experience), dress pkg....and such......cost a lot, but worth it. I know you can go cheaper in their packages....and they give 2 years, unlimited warranty.....and all the needed items.....forged, good cam, good heads, etc. top of the line in my opinion! A long time ago they had issues.......got responsed, and now they are first class.
hope that helps........btw...i too wanted to hear 427......one way or another.........so, the lighter weight and high reving power works....and it runs so cool i can't believe it!! I can be in 95 degree weather, in traffic......and never, ever gets above 97 C.......(bout 200 F).......
fred z