10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 03:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     

I have filed a complaint with American Express, and plan on contacting Super 8's customer service folks tomorrow...just been too busy back at the office to do so until now. I like the Chamber of Commerce angle, and I'll pursue that if I have to.

Seriously, OCC...I love coming to the LCS...I love the Mid-Ohio track time event, too. I look forward to coming to Mansfield and Columbus every year.

But...frankly...unless something is done to reel in the abuses by Super 8 and America's Best Value hotels, I'll not be planning on coming back to Columbus. America's Best Value is a filthy dump....you don't even want to know what the back of my bedspread looked like two years ago when "Punjab" wanted to charge me $10 for 10 minutes of using his water hose to wash my car. Let me put it this way...someone either met a violent end on that bedspread, or someone came into this world on it...! Eyech...! I dumped it in the corner of the room and did so every night before I got in bed.

Super 8's not much better...pubic hairs left in the tub...stains on the box spring...and I was afraid to look at the mattress. Then there was the unpublished 24-hour cancellation notice...and NEXT years 14 day cancellation policy. Nice folks to do business with... Had I thought about it, I'd have bought a big Baby Ruth candy bar, unwrapped it and thrown it in the pool just before I called the Health Department.( ala Bill Murray in "Caddyshack").

Bottom line is these "businesses" don't appreciate our business. They could care lass about us, or whether or not we come back. Basically, they're out to gouge anyone they can out of more money, and make no regrets about it. Hell, they're openly hostile to people... Why in God's name do we put up with it?

No more for me... I don't need to spend my money at any business that doesnt appreciate my patronage. Screw Punjab, Indhira, Kumar, Pradeep, Rishi, and all the other farging bastages who live with 'em... They come over here and do everything they can to screw us...I'm sick and effin' tired of all of 'em....

Any questions...?
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

There are plenty of hotels within a 15-20 minute drive from London. You take I-70 to I-270 and there are literally dozens of nice hotels. Get a group together and rent half the hotel for a better rate, and you can all go to the show together.

Don't let some 2-bit hotels ruin the show and weekend.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B w/FRPP 347ci 450HP Crate
Send a message via AIM to OhBuoy
Not Ranked     

My letter went to the Chamber of Commerce, the Columbus Health Department and the hotel manager/owner. I also called their corporate office. I am half tempted to send something to the newspaper.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

I stayed at a super 8 in Kentucky - it was kind of poorly kept and I nearly got electrocuted by a bad wire on a light plug.

I stayed at a super 8 in Pennsylvania - poorly kept.

The super 8 in Memphis Tennessee was terrible. The tub was half full with the water running a 1/2" stream. I asked for a different room, and the sink was running continuously in it. Bugs smashed all over the walls. This one took the prize. It was the worst place I was ever in, including a barn I once slept in when growing up.

Bottom line, I think the entire chain has problems. Some are much worse than others. I have crossed super 8 off my list completely. I would sleep in my car before going back to one. So don’t think it is unique to Ohio. There should be plenty of decent hotels in the Columbus area, but living here I never stay in them.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 402R and CSX 6029
Not Ranked     

We stayed at a Comfort Suites on Park Mill Drive. It was on I-270 about two exits up from the LCS HQ hotels. It was no more than a 5-7 minute drive. The hotel was clean and very nice. The best part was the totally empty, huge parking lot across the street from the hotel (a closed K-mart store lot). I had the only trailer parked in a 3 acre lot. Cool! My guess is that lot could have easily handled 100 or more trailers.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique kit with Ford 427 side oiler, top loader, Jag rear with inboard brakes
Not Ranked     

Keep in mind that there is no reason to give the hotel your card number when making a reservation unless you plan to check in late (typically after 6 pm) and want a guaranteed reservation. They usually ask for it but I just tell them I will be checking in early and refuse.

I used to travel a lot around the world on business and could write a book on hotels. Have seen everything from great to awful and the price seldom reflected the quality.

The orgainzers need to negotiate a group rate and inspect the place for cleanliness etc. then build the meet around a good hotel.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #629, BBM Side Oiler Block, 482ci, Richmond 5 speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Your mistake was that you didn't talk to Yogi's Regional Manager, BooBoo. Although I've heard Yogi can be bribed with a "pick-a-nick basket!"
Gio,

Now that was funny. I'm still laughing. Glad you were able to sell your CSX. Hopefully you'll be behind the wheel of another Cobra one day soon.

Chris
Old 06-27-2008, 10:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR#2777, 302EFI. Vortech SC
Not Ranked     
Default Filled out customer stay report, emailed to Corporate-Yogi's reply

Yeh...right! Here's his Direct email: PatelYog17@wynhg.com tell him about your stay!

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete
our Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything
less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of
each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to
make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.
Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and
property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your
comments and issues will be addressed.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve
you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay
and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me
directly at 614-870-2880.

Sincerely,
PATEL YOGI
GENERAL MANAGER
Super 8 Columbus, Ohio

Last edited by snakebit99; 06-27-2008 at 10:42 AM..
Old 06-29-2008, 10:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Oh boy. The guy's name really is Yogi. And I thought y'all were kidding! Too funny...

My last experience at a Super 8 (Washington DC, May '07) was similar. The room was dark and filthy -- one of those places where you get the heebie-jeebies using the shower. The complimentary breakfast was stale mini-bagels, frozen cream cheese packets and an awful, sugary orange punch. The coffee was worse than airline coffee. At least they didn't try to pull a bait-and-switch on the rate. I'll never stay at another Super 8 again.

Of the cheap motels, I think Motel 6 is the safest. They're controlled by a French conglomerate, Accor, and I think they must ride the franchisees pretty hard to maintain the brand image. I stayed in a Motel 6 in Utah last fall and it was fine. Room was clean, everything worked, and the staff was friendly.

In my experience (airline pilot, so I travel a lot), your best bet it to stick with chains like Hampton Inn or La Quinta. They're both generally in the sub-$100/night range, they're clean and comfortable, they have free wireless internet, and both have excellent free breakfast buffets.

Steer clear of "premium" hotel brands like Doubletree, Hilton, Sheraton, Marriot, etc. The rooms are no better than "lesser" brands, but the prices are double, there's no free breakfast, and they nickel-and-dime you on everything else ($9.95/day for internet, $3 for a bottle of water, etc.).

Freddie -- best of luck.

-EP

Last edited by Eric Page; 06-29-2008 at 09:20 PM..
Old 06-29-2008, 01:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusjim View Post
2. Floors were very dirty, our kids feet and socks were all black after short time in the room, we thought they were going out without shoes but then watched them after baths and clean socks. Sure enough shortly later th ey were black...Jim

Now how are they SUPPOSED to clean their floors if your kids don't wear socks?

Heck, I thought everyone knew that!
Old 06-30-2008, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Page View Post

Steer clear of "premium" hotel brands like Doubletree, Hilton, Sheraton, Marriot, etc. The rooms are no better than "lesser" brands, but the prices are double, there's no free breakfast, and they nickel-and-dime you on everything else ($9.95/day for internet, $3 for a bottle of water, etc.).

-EP
But...Doubletree gives you a cookie!
Old 06-30-2008, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
But...Doubletree gives you a cookie!
So does my Mom, but she doesn't charge $50 apiece for 'em!
Old 06-30-2008, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Roush 427
Not Ranked     

Freddie, db here, remember if it's under $500 a night , there's a reason, their camels slept there last week. LOL, db
Texas Motor Speedway
Old 06-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

I've always had good luck w/ Residence Inn. Like some here I to travel a bit, but when I go somewhere it's usually for a couple of weeks @ Gov rate and it's nice to have the extra room and real breakfast. The staff has always been helpfull as well. That being said we stay in London for LCS. I know it's not the epicenter, but having the option to sit on your front porch and watch the Cobra parade come down the street is pretty cool.

Steve
Old 06-30-2008, 09:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B w/FRPP 347ci 450HP Crate
Send a message via AIM to OhBuoy
Not Ranked     

Those that stay in London, where do you stay?
Old 06-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBuoy View Post
Those that stay in London, where do you stay?
Savoy, Ritz, Marriott County Hall...

As to cookies at Doubletree...you get what you pay for. If all you want is a bed, try the YMCA.

Personal opinion from attending several of the original DVSFs...all of those motels were crap to begin with. That's why everyone hung out in the parking lots (couldn't stand the rooms). There have been issues with at least one of the properties every year.

Time for a little evolution for what has always been a great event?
Old 07-08-2008, 11:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     
Default Update...

Here's the latest...

I got a letter from American Express Saturday. They asked for my evidence and proof that I was at the Super 8 on Trabue Road prior to their cutoff time. I have the credit card receipt...complete with the hotel's time stamp of 08:41 AM. I also have a printed copy of Super 8's cancellation policy which clearly states cancellation is required by 4:00 PM the day of the reservation to avoid paying for the room.

Seems to me with the time stamped hotel receipt, and evidence of the corporate cancellation policy printed directly from Super 8's website...this should be a slam-dunk.

But, then again...they found OJ innocent, too.

I'll keep the update going...
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane HM1073 Keith Craft Genesis 427FE/482 CI
Not Ranked     

I wonder if Yogi and his boo boo's live at these apartments?????

Can you say bed bugs?

http://10tv.com/live/content/local/s...s.html?sid=102
Old 02-03-2009, 07:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, 302, Tremec 3550. #038
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin_Freddie View Post
Here's the latest...

I got a letter from American Express Saturday. They asked for my evidence and proof that I was at the Super 8 on Trabue Road prior to their cutoff time. I have the credit card receipt...complete with the hotel's time stamp of 08:41 AM. I also have a printed copy of Super 8's cancellation policy which clearly states cancellation is required by 4:00 PM the day of the reservation to avoid paying for the room.

Seems to me with the time stamped hotel receipt, and evidence of the corporate cancellation policy printed directly from Super 8's website...this should be a slam-dunk.

But, then again...they found OJ innocent, too.

I'll keep the update going...

How did you ever make out with this?
Old 02-03-2009, 08:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We (some of the Ohio Cobra Club and others) are waiting to hear about the new hotels that are going to open up. Hopefully, in time for the the London get together. I have talked to Bryan (OCC) and he is going to let others know when they will open.
Hopefully the rooms will not smell, they will be clean and they will welcome the group.
Mike