MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.80 average. Display Modes
Old 01-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

We could pick up Mikie, too!
Old 01-12-2005, 03:02 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pick up UT in Okie. We'd look like a band of gypsies!!!
Where's Earl? Tru. hmm. Michigan. Now who's in Georgia. hmm. somebody's in Georgia. Clay. Can't you get Mikie there? Is Edley in Georgia? Gasman, too? Can't remember!!
Old 01-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

Little Earlie Pearlies in Florida!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2005, 03:11 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Florida. hmmm. Not exactly on the way to Ohio. You hook up with the Georgia people, we'll meet ya in, hmm. Where? Arkansas? Need a map! Where's Ohio? I will drive and navigate. Well, maybe Ron from California can navigate. Surely he knows his way around the mississippi river valley! Isn't Ohio near there? All that flooding a few years back? Ohio River, maybe? Help!
Old 01-12-2005, 03:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Its red (or Blue) with a 427 and completely fictional.
Not Ranked     

No, no, no, the Ohio River Valley is in New Mexico, I know because I hunted chickens in CooCoo Bay, which is near there.

Kristen- Treat maps as you would treat instruction manuals (Step 1, throw manual out window)

9-11 Never Forget

Fear starts with FE
Old 01-12-2005, 04:10 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

I've heard that the Ohio River was north of the Red River in the northeastern part of Texas.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:13 PM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Not Ranked     

I thought the Ohio river was west of "Timbuktoo" and a little north of "You can't get there from here".
Old 01-12-2005, 05:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF replica, 351W, about 420 HP
Not Ranked     

Co'Gdess--Im in SoCal, and I have been to the last two Flings, albeit without my Cobra! I fly in, rent a car, cruise around with the Cobras, then fly home. Its a major bummer being around so many Cobras, and NOT having mine there!!!

I dont know if I can make it there this year or not, but I DO plan on making the Western Roundup in Reno in May!

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

No more flings for me for a long while
Old 01-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

How come, Gary? Can't you come with DonC, from Oregon? Ron's near Oregon. Bainbridge is kinda near Oregon; just carpool, with Don doing the driving thing.... Alright, Edley. Personally, I think that's the way to go.... let everyone else deal with their cars. You just ride and smile. Smart.... Who else on this thread is in Georgia, besides Steve? hmm. Don't make me go back over 104 pages! Fess up! I KNOW somebody that pipes in here regularly is from Georgia! Maybe GeorgiaSnake. (obvious, I know, but he doesn't pop in here often.) hmmm. Who is it?

Western Roundup in Reno in May. Hmm. Not a good month for me. Guess they didn't check my calendar when they selected that month. Course, I didn't vote.....

piano x 3. done. homework x 3 done. Showers/baths x 4 done. Dinner for 6 done. Dishes for 6 done. 2 in bed, 2 working on it, and 2 much, much later..... Wiped out..... Didn't get much scrapbooking done. Cobra girl friend came and we had a fun chitty chat time! 3 of us..... As you all know, I'm not usually at a loss for words! hahaha.
How's the carb doing, Ron?
We had the biggest rain tonight. Blowing blowing blowing. My pretty windows I had cleaned before the big party in Dec. are now covered in rain splatters. ugh.
Well, are ya'll are done for the night?
Guess so! Seeya tomorrow! Hopefully taking Pepe to KC tomorrow! Yea!!!!
k
Old 01-12-2005, 07:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF replica, 351W, about 420 HP
Not Ranked     

CoG'dess: I just MAY be persuaded to fly to Dallas and co-pilot with someone who needs a co-pilot!!! lol !!!

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

CG lets just say there are issues re the Fling
Old 01-13-2005, 03:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Its red (or Blue) with a 427 and completely fictional.
Not Ranked     

900TH POST!

9-11 Never Forget

Fear starts with FE
Old 01-13-2005, 04:25 AM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quit "PADDIN" your post count, Mike, or "CG" is gonna have to Break Bad on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid!!
Old 01-13-2005, 04:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Cool

Kristen,

New carb is on and has been ran and fine tuned as well as possible in the garage. Once we get a break in the weather and I can go for a long drive, then it may need a couple of minor tweaks but I don't think much. I was kind of dissappointed. For what it cost I thought sure the fuel bowls at least would be Gold or Titanium. Sure looks larger setting on there than the 800 D/P with the choke tower. But after the car had set for threemonths with no starting at all, turned on the fuel pump, let it build pressure, looked for leaks, (none), gave it a couple of squirts of gas and it started on the 3rd turn over of the engine.
As for going to the Fling, that would be great but I don't have a trailer as I sold my covered one. Trailer wouldn't be a big problem but getting something to tow it with would. Now if I had your unlimited resources, I would just have Ohio moved out this way for the month.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 01-13-2005, 06:06 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You and Edley FLY to Big D, and we all go together! Yeah, uh huh, close quarters in the big truck..... 'specially if we hook up with UT in Okie! I'm just not sure where Ohio is. Gotta get out my atlas. I'm gonna see if my Dallas buddies are going. I know a few have gone in the past, just don't know yet about this year. And of course, even see if there is a fling, what with DV's daughter's illness.
The WCCB (?) sounds fun. Not a good month for me. May is end of school, programs, recitals, and baseball and soccer are in full swing. My best month to do anything is Feb. The TCC has usually met in Feb., but this year changed it to March. Right at spring break, when I'm supposed to be at Disneyworld! I want to go to Disney, and Austin. Logistics expert that I am, I may be able to pull off both.... Looking into it....
We've had warm, muggy, windy weather for 1 week. Now it's 40* outside, and not supposed to be above 50* today. I'm supposed to be going to Keith Craft today. Hubby said I outta trailer it. I said, it's a 3 hour setup just getting the truck, finding the trailer, hooking it up, and loading the car. It'll be easier for me to freeze my tail driving 25 minutes! It's always my fingers that get cold. Need some good gloves. hmm.
Might pop by sears and get that catalog today. I'll check with you on page numbers on things you (and anybody else) think I need.

Got my scrapbook retreat starting tomorrow! Yea! I know ya'll will all miss me, again.....
k
Old 01-13-2005, 06:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Kristen,

A good set of lined gloves for driving are almost a must in these cars for cold weather. Also a cap that you can pull down over your ears. Wish I still had the one I was issued in Korea. And for long trips, I use ear plugs. I can still hear but it duts down the continual loud exhaust noise and I can actually hear people talk after gtting out of the car.
Looks as if we arein for another spell of crappy weather. It is 28 here this morning but supposed to be mostly sunny today with a high of around 55. But the glood and doom is forecast for Friday night and the weekend.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 01-13-2005, 06:57 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

58!!!!! Yes kids, it's 58 outside.

It will be 13 by late tonight.

So, I have the radio in and it sounds like poop. Looks good. started the car, while running turned on the radio and waited for my son to ask the question I expected. "I can't hear a thing." I responded with, "yeah, but it looks good.

Got to get better speakers.

Well, I think Kristen has arranged for all of us to ride with her.

How are we all going to fit in your cobra, Kristen?

Ron, I have loading problems when the engine is cold. Clears up when the engine gets up to temp. Does yours load up at initial start with the choke on?
Old 01-13-2005, 07:00 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

What is the WCCB?

Windy City Cobra Bash???
Old 01-13-2005, 07:14 AM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey CG, you goin to Disneyworld or Disneyland????