S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 11:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That's great

Merry Christmas everyone.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

We have snow in Texas. Just enough to cover the grass, all that hit the streets and sidewalks melted, but the grass is white.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Joe, Steve, and all of the Texas gang,

Enjoy your white Christmas. It is not bad here but the wind is cold and it seems to blow almost every day the past month. I saw that they are saying El Nineo is going to cause the South to have a very wet Winter and some places in the North East to have a very cold one. The Pacific Northwest is supposed to be drier than normal. Just what we need, another year of very little rain or snow.

Have a great day.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 12-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Now I see how it is.

I suppose I should move to Texas.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

This is the first White Christmas I have had since I was in Elementary School.

It is beautiful outside.

This is indeed a great day.

Remember the reason for the season. !!!!
Old 12-26-2009, 04:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Steve,

We haven't had a white Christmas that I can remember. Yesterday was one of the nicest days we have had in months. Temperature was almost on 70 and NO wind at all. Spent the day walking around in the yard with a short sleeve shirt on picking up small limbs and stuff the wind has blown in over the past few weeks.

I received a package from my cousin in Arkansas, ( The Ozarks ), and he sent me some old pictures that my Mother had sent to his. Some showed one of my brothers and me out in the snow which was about 2 feet deep and really made me think about how I missed some of the simple things in life that I had as a kid. The breakneck fast rides on our sleds, going across frozen ponds and just simple toys.

Ron

Old 12-27-2009, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thats OK Ron,

With the way this clown in the White House is spending our Great Great Grandchildren's money all any children will have to play with is simple toys.

We will soon...have come full circle.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
One good thing could come of that. Maybe they won't be able to pay all of those leeches that are on various boards that decide which toys and stuff are safe for us. I remember riding a broom stick horse when playing cowboys. I am sure the EPA would object to that now because of whatever dust it may have caused to fly up into the air.

Ron

Old 12-28-2009, 08:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

yea, or the fact that you have to cut down a tree to get the wood for the broom stick.

This whole political mess in Washington never ceases to amaze me at just how far they (DUMBOCRATS) will go to do what the American people do not want to do.

I only hope that when elections come around again the American people are smart enough to make the right decision to save what is left of the once great country.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Back from the post office and a minor fight. I mailed a letter Saturday, the first one in a year with three sheets of paper in it. This morning it was back in my box with no explanation of why. I had weighed it and knew it only weighed 1/2 ounce. So I went into the lobby and there was a woman there that I have never seen before. I showed her the letter and asked her what was wrong with it. I told her I had weighed it before I brought it down to mail and she put it on their scale and it was 1/2 ounce also. She looked it over and told me she couldn't see anything wrong with it. So she threw it over into the outgoing mail box. One letter in a year and they can't even get that out of town.

Ron

Old 12-28-2009, 02:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Doesn't surprise me Ron. Here the mail lady will not deliver the mail if she cannot pull strait up and strait away. If she would have to put the car in reverse at any point to deliver, she will not, but just skip those 2 houses. Of course my mail box is placed right with my next door neighbor that we don't get along with and they have 5 drivers in the house, with only room for 2 cars in the driveway and a garage full of junk, so no parking there. It wouldn't be so bad if they would just leave it clear, but they expect us to deal with it and not have an issue.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well that is one storm down and a winter to go.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Joe,

Do you have any place that you could move your mailbox to that would put it away from your neighbors? Or suggest to her that if she doesn't like backing up, to stop short and get out of the vehicle and put the mail in. I know, the post office delivery people out here are the same. They don't want to get out of the vehicle at all. And by the size of some of these women I can understand why. That is why I have a post office box so I can avoid these delivery women.

Ron

Old 12-29-2009, 05:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
I just read an unusual story in my NRA Magazine. Virgil Richardson served in the Korean War from1952 to 1953 as a radio operator and he remembers the serial number of his M1 Garand. It was 1222xxx. He has wanted it all these years since getting out of the army and his son decided 56 years later to get him one for his birthday. He called an arms broker in Kentucky and that guy had one. When he got it, surprise it was the very one that his Father had carried in Korea. Has never been rebuilt, but had some minor woodwork and sight repair done on it. What are the odds of that happening?

Ron

Old 12-29-2009, 06:08 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron, you may not believe this, but I have read of two other times where guys have recovered the rifle they had in service.

Bother were M1 Carbines and in both cases it was years between them leaving military service and them receiving the rifle.

That is just spooky.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ron,
Unfortunately, the mailbox is in a brick structure that location is mandated. It is one of the drawbacks of the HOA, but they have helped me with these guys already, so I gotta take the bad with the good. It was really bad when the daughters boyfriend lived with them and got a boat. Add 1 more driver and a boat to the mix and you get a real issue. I do have to say that the younger lady that sometimes delivers, will get out of the car and is friendly is a welcome relief. I actually went to the post office to complain to the post master about the other lady only to find out I was complaining about his wife and that pissed him off. After that I just realized it was not worth the effort and just deal with it. Sometimes the inconvenience is not worth the headache to fix it.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Joe,

It is a Govt. ran operation. We can't expect it to work very efficiently. When they can't even tell me why they put my letter back in my box instead of sending it out, that is pretty bad.

Ron

Old 12-29-2009, 09:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I think it is all related to the service industry decline that started in the late 80s/early 90s. Fast food was cheap, so people accepted getting the wrong food, cold food, etc... I still get annoyed when I hear "It's fast food what do you expect?" I always reply with "I expect what I payed for." Soon that transitioned into customer service and even mid scale restaurants are now going down hill. People don't want to confront a lazy worker, and it becomes the standard. By not complaining, you are telling the business owner that the person who can't speak english, doesn't serve the correct food and what is served is cold, is fully acceptable and you are happy.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Joe,

Did you read the list of things that waitresses don't tell you? They had it on my news module this morning and it was somewhat depressing to read what they do on a routine basis.

Ron

Old 12-29-2009, 11:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I saw it on my Yahoo messenger but didn't read it.