Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2003, 09:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Al,

Yup thats the Excal I sold and then had to pay an additional $3K to buy it back! You see, it wasn't about an "investment", I really loved that car, I just HAD to have it back!

So,,,,,, yeah, I was floored when the next guy who offered to buy it, offered a LOT. I loved that car, I cried all the way to the bank........

Ernie
Old 12-16-2003, 05:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deacon

Thanks Guys for your responses!! So, what is everyone really saying?? To each his own? It does not matter where a shelby is made, as long as it has the number on it?? So, in other words if a Shelby were made in China, or France, or Iraq, it would not matter??? Looking for some insight here..help me out guys..
Deacon, et al...

I am going to ask that, if you want to pursue your quest for insight... that you start a new thread. This thread was meant to be a news release, containing a factual update from SA on production status.

Thanks
Ron
ClubCobra Moderator.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I couldn't help but notice on the GT40 forum that one of the members metioned that CAV has auctioned off it's assets and sold it's premises. They have also laid off 90% of the employees in their automotive division. As far as I am aware they are still active in their marine division. How on earth are they going to fullfil their obligations to shelby and the CAV/Shelby customers ?

With all due respect Mr Fennimore afer painting a wonderful picture about the progress of the CSX4000 plant you failed to mention that they have basically shut down their automotive division, and their GT40's which they are so famous for and which are probably the reason they won the Shelby deal, are now being manufactured by another company

Well I suppose customers don't really care (or do they?) where the car comes from as long production targets are met, it's a Shelby car and it comes from somewhere in South Africa...
Old 01-08-2004, 10:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to The Deacon Send a message via Yahoo to The Deacon
Not Ranked     

Snakeeye...

I saw the same things, but in all fairness I think we should wait and hear this from Shelby, so that it is legitimized by them. In any case this is suppose to be, as I was informed, a factory update thread, so it is not a place for open discussion.

The Deacon
Old 01-08-2004, 11:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Oh hell I'll keep the thread going. Been awhile since I got a "suggestion" from a moderator anyway

I reckon things have been a little busy in the home-office, and, if you believe everything you read on the 'net (which I wouldn't advise), there are rumors galore- some bad (at least so far as CAV is concerned). I have no inside info to share, and an update WOULD be great. But anyway, there's the old saying about the two rules for success in business: 1.) Don't tell them everything you know.

I did pick up the press release below off of PRnewswire today- all old news I guess, but it does say that they're (still) in the business of making cars anyway!

Best-

-JT

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Carroll Shelby Unveils New Ford Shelby Cobra Concept at 2004 North American International Auto Show
Thursday January 8, 12:00 pm ET

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Carroll Shelby International, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: CSBI -News), announced today that Carroll Shelby, its Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, and Ford Motor Company, unveiled the new Ford Shelby Cobra concept car at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit on Sunday. This comes after their recent announcement of the Shelby, Ford partnership less than six months ago in Monterey, California.

While the design is clearly 21st century, the roadster is intentionally reminiscent of the classic Cobra styling. Key details -- such as the dominant grille opening, hood scoop, bulging wheel arches, side vents, vertical bumper bars and stacked lamps in the front and rear -- establish the historical and emotional connection to Shelby's original 1960s creation.

In honor of the Cobra heritage, is a fully modern architecture with subtle styling cues that hint at the legendary Cobra's of the 1960s. This 427-inspired 605 horsepower, 6.4-liter, all aluminum V-10 engine pushes 501 foot-pounds of torque -- without the aid of supercharging or turbocharging and 0 - 60 in less than four seconds.

"This is an exciting time for Cobra and Ford fans," says Carroll Shelby. "If we were starting the Cobra today from scratch, this is the way it would look and feel by today's standards.

In the 1960s Carroll Shelby and Ford worked together on both racing and production vehicle programs, from the original Ford-powered Shelby Cobra to the Le Mans-winning Ford GT40 racing cars and the Shelby GT350 and GT500 Mustangs that kick-started the pony car craze. It was a decade of performance punctuated by Ford muscle and Shelby's engineering prowess.

About Carroll Shelby International, Inc.

Carroll Shelby International, Inc. is the parent company of Shelby Automobiles and Carroll Shelby Licensing.

Shelby Automobiles Inc. is manufacturing high performance Shelby vehicles under the guidance of the legendary Carroll Shelby and will be involved in prototype manufacturing, design and engineering projects; and plans to increase production and availability of these Shelby products through an expanded dealer network and direct sales under a license agreement with Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc. For more information, call 702/325-4851 or visit the company's web site at www.shelbyautos.com .

Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc., founded in 1988, is the exclusive holder of automotive manufacturer and entrepreneur Carroll Shelby's trademarks and vehicle design rights, which include some of the world's most famous muscle cars and high-performance vehicles, including the car that brought home to the U.S. its first and only FIA World Manufacturers Championship in 1965, the famous Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe. It also holds trademark rights for Shelby-branded apparel, accessories and collectibles. For additional information about the company or licensing opportunities, call (310) 914-1843, or fax (310) 914-1853 or write to Carroll Shelby Licensing, Inc., 11150 West Olympic Boulevard, Suite 1050, Los Angeles, CA 90064 or visitwww.carrollshelbyinternational.com or www.carrollshelby.com .

Certain statements in this news release may contain forward-looking information within the meaning of Rule 175 under the Securities Act of 1933 and Rule 3b-6 under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and are subject to the safe harbor created by those rules. All statements, other than statements of fact, included in this release, including, without limitation, statements regarding potential future plans and objectives of the company, are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate and actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements.

Source: Carroll Shelby International, Inc.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Price to high! I have lost all hope.Dream gone!Need to buy one at walmart I guess.Theres an Idea, atleast walmart will let you look at them without looking at your bank balance first.Why doesnt someone go to china and have them made.Or make a real kit(total assembly required)Because it will devalue yours!Sounds like the diamond business to me.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: guess from my posts
Not Ranked     

Potato head,

Call Sam Walton, and strike a deal. Call Bejing as well. YOU CAN BE RICH.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Look-a-like cobra POS
Not Ranked     

Any new info. on the csx4000.................

Regards, Bret.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Bret, I believe Shelby's phone works. Why not call them and ask, and get your updates straight from the source, rather than the rumor mill here?
Old 01-20-2004, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC, Southern Automotive 427W Stroker
Not Ranked     

Mike, come on. The rumor mill is way more fun. Why cloud the issue with boring facts? Hear-say, innuendos, speculation and conspiracy theories provide a whole new dynamic and allow everyone to play!
Old 01-20-2004, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Brent Mills just closed down a thread for such silliness.

Cobra potato, and 2 manycobras...welcome to Club Cobra. I see that between the two of you you have two posts to your names TOTAL.
Where did you hear about Cobras, Shelby and South Africa?
Coffeee break?

TURK

Last edited by Turk; 01-20-2004 at 01:42 PM..
Old 01-20-2004, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

[quote]Originally posted by Tony Radford

[b]Mike, come on. The rumor mill is way more fun. Why cloud the issue with boring facts?

IMO
The only people who should be addressed by B. Fenimore are the people who have made deals with SASI (?) to purchase a car.
SASI should be in personal contact, on a daily basis, with the people who have fronted money.
Everytime Fenimore posts reasons or excuses on this forum as to why the Shelby organization has not been able to perform on the production schedule, it sets off a firestorm of responses...

The only "boring fact" is that the promised cars are way overdue.
It shouldn't be too difficult for Fenimore to keep these buyers in the loop with daily updates as to the viability of the organization and the status of their purchases.. They are the only people who need this information. If this forum accepts the postings from Fenimore then why do the threads get shut down when the responses start coming in?

Does anyone know just how many people are waiting for cars?
Old 01-20-2004, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by casaleenie

The only "boring fact" is that the promised cars are way overdue.
Not mine.

Quote:
Does anyone know just how many people are waiting for cars?
Yes

-JT
Old 01-20-2004, 05:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

Lurk,

If I wanted that answer I would have asked Turk....
Old 01-20-2004, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey I heard Shelby is busy moving. Why don't we cut them some slack, what do ya say??
Old 01-20-2004, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Casaleenie: What's it to ya? On the one hand you say the only people entitled to an answer are those who have an order in. I do. And I have answers.

Then you go and spout the same old same old.

You should have addressed your question to Turk, rather than quoting someone else in an open forum. My mistake.

As for your answers, you can always pick up the phone.

-JT

Last edited by LURK; 01-20-2004 at 05:19 PM..
Old 01-20-2004, 05:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deacon

Hey I heard Shelby is....
Oh you ALWAYS know some high quality info follows an opener like THAT

You can always try:

Shelby Automobiles:
http://www.shelbyautos.com/
702-942-7325

-JT
Old 01-20-2004, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

No info guys...Zippo.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey guys...

I have zero insider information. Even If I did, which I don't, I could not tell you anyhow...confidentialty agreements and such, you understand..right?

So, please DO NOT READ BETWEEN the lines, or UNDER THE LINES, or OVER THE LINES,..ok?

thanks
Old 01-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

JT,

I am trying out my new signature. Hoping if I make it this, it will be handy for all. Here goes!