LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2004, 09:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to The Deacon Send a message via Yahoo to The Deacon
Not Ranked     

Hey Guys...

Until such time as Shelby comes out with the facts as to what is really going on, why don't we all quit speculating and let it be for now. I must confess I am as curious as the next guy, but this "rumor-mill" does not do any good other than to make for a bad dime store novel. Let Shelby take care of things, and take care of their customers, and then I am sure they will let all you "want-to-knows" know what is happening.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #623 460/4x2
Not Ranked     

Hey Deacon! NOW you want to stop speculating? You're funny.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Blue R...

It would seem that I get into TROUBLE when I speculate about anything on here, even if it is the color of my own unmentionables...and all because I used to work for Shelby. While I did enjoy working for Shelby, I however did not figure it would cause so much hull-a-blue after I stopped working there, guess I was wrong. So, actually I am not all that "funny", just intellectually constricted by the powers that be in the Cobra world.

thanks

The Deacon
Old 01-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 302 done, CSX289 comp body, leaf spring chassis to original specs...
Not Ranked     

"...and all because I used to work for Shelby. While I did enjoy working for Shelby, I however did not figure it would cause so much hull-a-blue after I stopped working there, guess I was wrong. "

Working for Shelby had nothing to do with the 'hull-a-blue'. If I remember you kept that a secret until you were outed by a third party.

The speculation, questionable motivation, and the deep throat like inuendos had everything to do with the 'hull-a-blue'.

As far as '...intellectually constricted by the powers that be in the Cobra world.'...I agree with Blue Rooster, that IS funny. I don't think you are the marytr here.

Hang out, read some posts, add some comments, get some info, share some experience... but don't make yourself out to be above, or below the next guy as you see fit...we're all just another bozo on the bus. Some of us more so than others.

-John

Last edited by Fox; 01-26-2004 at 06:30 PM..
Old 01-26-2004, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have no dought about this.Why did he send it to me?I only play as though I had one.Hence the potato...(A child and his dreams)How many of these aluminum bodied cabra replicas are out there any?Does anyone have a clue?I read a story about 42.000 replicas along time ago.I wonder how good the aluminum bodies are doing.I wish it were 100,000 and growing.From the looks of some of these cars I dont think the value will go down.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Potato

,,,thats a reasonable and worthy question! Just how many alloy replicas ARE out there? And while were at it, how many are being produced annually in the USA? In the UK (and I won't "go there" with a Malta question ).

I would guess the answers are closely gaurded by the "alloy boys".

......of course were free to speculate!!! So how 'bout it Deacon. Whats your guess? .....and were off.

Ernie
Old 01-26-2004, 08:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

We could figure it backwards! as how many people each company has to support.There might be more aluminum bodies than we know of.Whats with the kimmons coach works?I for one think Kirkhams are it.Until AC starts there deal going.I searched under aluminum bodied cobras.And I found three.Kirkhams must have other places.That place isnt big enough to store many.I was told once that csi bought all there were for one year.From a young man in Provo!This car is truly loved by all.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Fox, Fox, Fox....

You know I wanted to be just another guy, asking another question, and not get assasinated for doing so, that was the reason behind not saying anything about who I was...and just for kickers, WHY SHOULD IT MATTER?? Got that off my chest thanks.

I am a regular joe that used to work for Shelby, and because of confidentialty agreements, I can't say much, or speculate, or whatever... tight-rope wallking, another of my special talents...naw just kidding.

Anyhow, believe what you want.

The Deacon
Old 01-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Well, at least you're all in one place.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

why is it noone even mentions Ac cars as though they dont exist.For awile they were trying to sell a car called the Mamba.I dont know what happened to that.But they are selling a 289 and a 427.I dont see anything funny.Im amazed they still try to compete.They are not listed as a manufacter any where but there own page.They are making carbonfibre bodies.Oh well what the hell.It must be a shelby secret.Why doesnt one of the english fellow cobra folks drive over and see.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Guys...

My hats off to Shelby! I expected them to take over CAV at some point, but did not think they would have to do it so soon. It is the only move it seems that they had if they wanted to keep things going and deliver to their customers. Being faithful to their customers has always been the trademark of Shelby.

I applaud Brent and Carroll and all those at Shelby for doing what needed to be done to be true to their customers. Well Done!

The Deacon