Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2013, 12:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Daytona Coupe CSX9126/427 Windsor
Not Ranked     

Just a couple more photos added to "Pliskin" album. Erick drove the car out of his shop into the light of day for the first time yesterday for a brief photo op. Clear bra has been applied now, ride height adjusted and I must say, I'm pleased with the car's overall look. The stealthy, bad boy presence I had aimed for all along.

Happy Motoring!
Pliskin
Old 01-06-2014, 12:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just posting a couple more pics in Pliskin albums. Car still delayed for newly discovered electrical gremlins. Faulty oil pressure sending unit, alarm system/central locking..mind of it's own and AC failed to initially function. All of course fixable but frustrating. BAR inspection this Wednesday. "Soon" is a worn out word to me at this point..so, I'm not going to use it. Nope..not gonna say it..no way. Lol.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

On your Air Cleaner mounting and hood clearance issue, note the Superformance (Brock) Daytona Coupe, and subsequent CSX 9000 sold as shelbys have the same hoods, the hood has an inner and outer glass and the inner glass can be trimmed and the air cleaner can nest into the hood, like ram air systems, Ron did this in #51.

I removed some of my inner hood to get my engine and accessories to clear as well as ventilate the engine bay.

as for the senders and electrical gremlins you have , I am sure you can get them nailed down. The Daytona coupe is many times more complex with all sorts of details discovered during the build.

all Daytona Coupes are a little bit different and have their interesting points during construction and subsequent build.

if you need help or a second set of eyeballs on something let me know.

Steve
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 01-26-2014, 11:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

Any update on your car?
Old 02-24-2014, 08:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Still waiting is the update, unfortunately. For example; Some small areas on the door panels, covered by Alcantara material, were lifting possibly due to poor application of or improper curing of the glue. We had to wait for parts from S. Africa for a few weeks because they were either missing from parts shipped or faulty but included. The door panels were taken to a local upholstery shop to be redone while all the rest was being addressed. When we went to pick them up we were informed that they hadn't been fixed because they could not find a source for the material. No good answer for why they failed to call and let us know that little detail. Not their problem I guess...not important enough to be proactive in the least obviously. They plan to try using the same material that came on the panels while we have an as yet unanswered e-mail to S. Africa to obtain the material's model, color, weight, source, etc. in case reattach doesn't work. No answer as of tonight. Frustrated and disappointed? That's a severe understatement.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: owned Kirkham for 11 years
Not Ranked     

Pliskin,

Your ordeal reminds me of Jdog and his quest to own a 4000 Shelby Cobra a few years ago, which took two years or more.

I hope you get satisfaction soon.

Maurice
Old 05-20-2014, 06:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice19 View Post
Pliskin,

Your ordeal reminds me of Jdog and his quest to own a 4000 Shelby Cobra a few years ago, which took two years or more.

I hope you get satisfaction soon.

Maurice
The sad thing about JDog's ordeal was by the time the car was in his hands and usable, as I recall it didn't seem like he kept it too long before he got rid of it. 'Sure takes the fun out of it when things go sideways for an extended period of time for unclear reasons. Hopefully Pliskin will get some good news soon.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good memory, Duane

Man of few words
Maurice
Old 05-25-2014, 11:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks so much for the sympathies and good wishes. Ordeal is an apt term describing my journey into Shelbyville, lol. The car has been finished mechanically and has been roadworthy for months but little niggling problems with either small trim items or components, cosmetics have resulted in delay after delay. Maddening.

For example, last week Erick(Voss) was detailing the car in anticipation of returning it to the dealer in prep. for delivery when he happened to look down and discover a chunk of ceramic coating missing from a side pipe at the weld line...result..remove and take to plating shop for a redo...week or so added to the wait.

Think I'm used to it now, hardly bothers me at this point. Keep telling myself it's better to discover issues while still at the builder's. It placates me I suppose. It is close though I fear jinxing the deal by simply saying so, lol.

Hope to soon attend a group function, Saturday breakfast, etc. and finally be able to show off my new ride. Thanks guys.

Happy motoring!
Dan
Old 07-08-2014, 01:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The wait is over. CSX9126 is in my hands at last. Thanks to all who offered encouragement and focus during the extended process. It was appreciated and often gave me something else to think about. Now I gotta keep the darn thing clean, lol.

Please click "Pliskin" and review the pics posted in top album there. Let me know what you all think of how she turned out. Thanks.

Snake
Old 07-08-2014, 07:08 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
The wait is over. CSX9126 is in my hands at last. Thanks to all who offered encouragement and focus during the extended process. It was appreciated and often gave me something else to think about. Now I gotta keep the darn thing clean, lol.

Please click "Pliskin" and review the pics posted in top album there. Let me know what you all think of how she turned out. Thanks.

Snake

CONGRATULATIONS!
It's a rare and interesting car, and great job hanging in there throughout a long build and wait process. Hopefully it feels great to be able to finally see it in your garage and to be able to just go out and take it for a spin now. Thanks for letting us know the day is finally here. Good for you. Enjoy.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well deserved,

First we need to get it dirty on some shake down rides.(:

Maybe cars and coffee in Folsom Sat mornings until 9 am and third Sat Norcal meetup.

Looking forward to seeing it.
Maurice
Old 08-27-2014, 12:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz-Butler - Chevy 350
Not Ranked     
Default Shelby Coupe

Beautiful looking and waiting to see it here in EG or at least hear it go by.
I've got a Arntz Butler car that has been bugging me lately. Little things here and there. Fuel pump right now. Just need more time.

Would love to see the car in person. Congrats.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pliskin,

Are you going to bring the coupe to Teresas` in Jackson the 20th of Sept?

Maurice
Old 10-05-2014, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry gents...haven't been checking in here of late. Maurice-I obviously did not make it to Teresa's, been staying pretty local while breaking the new car in and have had a couple of, let's say, sorting out issues to deal with. Discovered that the heater core or hose connections had been leaking coolant for a while, was doing something on right side when I put my hand down on the passenger side floor and found a small lake. Grrrrr! Upon removing seat and carpet to clean things up I also discovered that the drain hose that channels the AC condensation out of the car had busted the fitting at the catch tray...more moisture!
Repairs are to be made this week and no more bypassed heater or riding around with no AC after that. Of course the weather is now starting to change so the point may be moot yet we need to be ready for next summer, lol. Are we still having the 3rd Saturday breakfasts? See? Been too out of the loop.

Obiewan-I've been going to a cruise night on and off at Mike's Diner over by Hobby Lobby on Tuesdays from 5 to 9pm. Won't be there this Tues. since my car will be in the shop but plan to attend after. Last one is the 28th of Oct. when they have what's called "Trunk or Treat" night for the kids where the kids go car to car for candy. Stop by and introduce yourself if you get the chance, love to meet you. Thanks.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

A local in Vegas has one of the CSX9xxx cars. It's gorgeous.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Snake,

That sucks, sounds like you have it under control now.

Someone usually suggests a meeting place for our third Sat. breakfast.

Maurice
Old 10-14-2014, 10:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Maurice-

Not convinced I can make the 18th...car still in shop...quite the disassembly project to reach heater...they're putting time in on it as they can....no solid completion estimate.

I've got nothing but time and money, lol.

Snake
Old 10-14-2014, 05:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Boss Replica Motors BB 460 by New Generation Engines
Not Ranked     

I sure hope you have "air" in the Datona. Driving without the air on might turn out to be a wee bit "sticky".
Old 10-19-2014, 12:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mother,

Ya got that right. Around here the weather's darn hot in the summer so...AC is nice to have in a closed car. Essential would be more accurate, lol.

Probably coulda done without the heater for the same reason, closed car, but the car isn't right without it so...complete is complete and all else is less.

Happy Motoring,
Snake

Tags
coupe, csx, daytona, navy, shelby

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: