Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2005, 07:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Teaser for you Click here > Oregon Coast properties A map to the properties at

SAHHALI !

Old 07-15-2005, 07:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I even made a new friend at the Oregon Coast.

Last edited by ALLEN ENGLISH; 07-15-2005 at 07:57 PM..
Old 07-16-2005, 08:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

YES!
That is exactly what I am talking about. Exactly!

Man just looking at the pictures (and the link) made my heart race like the first time I started the Cobra. Guys it is that kind of excitment for me. Words can't desrcibe. Or at least I personally do not have the vocbulary to express it.

Thank you Allen: You just made my day!

As for the rain. Ok I am still listening. It is 102* here today. Not as hot as Cal is right now but hot enough. One of the things I sell is Aussie hats. (Weatherproof) Looks like I'll need a new one, or two!

Last edited by 4RE KLR; 07-16-2005 at 08:56 AM..
Old 07-16-2005, 09:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

Steve,
Nice talking to you the other day. As others have mentioned, we get our share of rain- some years are worse than others. However, I've never been anyplace else that feels more like home in a short time than this beautiful place. The only reason it is so green here, is because of the rain we get. It also moderates our climate so it stays comfortable most of the year.

Hey, what is the worse that could happen? You might get tired of the weather in about 20 years or so and have to move to Arizona?
Let me know if we can be of any more help. We love living here, despite the minor complaints. - Bob
Old 07-16-2005, 09:57 AM
Charter Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: My Shell Valley Coupe is here! Now the building begins....
Not Ranked     

The ocean is wonderful but you will have to remember that it is ball numbing cold. It is a rare day on the Oregon Coast when it is hot enough on beach to brave the frigid water.

I am not trying to discourage you, (if you were from CA I might) but just making sure you have all the facts. Those of us that are natives(my family homesteaded here) are very proud of our state, notwithstanding the politics.

Astoria, is starting to rebuild itself, when the fishing industry started to collapse things were pretty tough there. But I think it is coming back around now. The views of the ocean and the Columbia river are awesome. One of the great things us in OR and WA share is such a great river, the folks on the east coast don't get to see a river with such power. It doesn't just trickle out in to the Pacific, it actualy races going over one of the worlds most dangerous bars.

Astoria has a pretty decent small community college, and believe or not the US first tv cable system started there. I remember when there was no bridge to WA and there was ferry service to get across, there still is a pretty neat ferry about 25 miles up river from there.

If you are hunter there is some of the best deer, elk and duck hunting just within a couple of miles of nearly anywhere on the north coast. The Jewel Elk refuge is about 20 miles outside of Astoria and it is not uncommon to see 500-600 head of elk. Season permitting there is ocean charter fishing available near Astoria, right now is halibut season. Fresh caught Halbut is absolultly fantastic! There is a record Dungeness Crab catch going on right now, but the clam digging has been halted untill a red like tide subsides. I love Razor Clams and digging them is a bunch of fun.

Oregon has a public beach access law which means the state owns the beaches. It is even against the law to block access to the beachs or coast line. The south coast near Coos Bay has some incredible sand dunes where recreational vehicles(4x4, sand rails, dune buggys and the like) can play. The eviro's are trying to get it stopped but the area is so huge I don't think they will get it all locked up.

Will anyway time to go work on the Coupe,

Good Luck,

Scott S
Old 07-16-2005, 03:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks guys.

We are still looking.

Allen You have mail!

Thanks Scott. We will find a place up there. This move is a long way from where we are so it might take a while to find the right area. But we are looking everyday. I found some houses in Portland that I could lease for a year with no problem. we may do that and then get to know each town before making the final decision. It would be easier to figure out from up there than it is from here.

Thanks for the info and please keep any ideas coming. I am keeping notes of everything plus what we find on our own.

The house in Astoria may need too much work, even for me

Still looking though!
Old 07-21-2005, 03:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I think we are zeroing in on Seaside. I have a package coming form Allen and from the City of Seaside as well.

Now I need to find a 4 bedroom lease home and I am set.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You should see your box of info next week.

Cheers
Old 07-23-2005, 08:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

Steve,
Stretch your search for rentals to the Gearheart area between Seaside and Astoria and you'll have many more options. This will also take you out of the touristy areas of Seaside a bit to some quieter (and nicer) neighborhoods.
You'll understand what I'm getting at once you spend a summer up here.

Bob
Old 07-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Charter Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: My Shell Valley Coupe is here! Now the building begins....
Not Ranked     

Cannon Beach yesterday, this is KOIN's weather cam so it should update from time to time.

Scott S
Old 07-23-2005, 10:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

OK will look there as well. I would like to get as close to where we will finally buy real estate as possible, so the kids won't have to change schools again.

We can wish can't we.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #684, 428 FE, TKO600
Not Ranked     

Just a note:
A friend of mine just retired to Waldport and as far as the internet goes he'll be able to get DSL.
That's about as good as you'll get at the coast if it's available wherever you decide to come in for a landing. Keep in mind the coast is still "relatively" unpopulated and is somewhat lacking in the "civilized" aspects of society (read very little cable access). Most of the TV reception is by dish.
Just something you might want to check into when you're looking for an area to settle in.
DonC
Old 07-29-2005, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Have you seen the box of info I sent to you yet?
Old 07-31-2005, 12:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

No I have not Allen

I have been waiting and checking everyday and have not got it yet.

I can't remember if I gave you the PO box or the street add but I ckeck both everday.

It'll get here soon I hope. I did recieve the package from the City of Seaside. it was very informative "politically" that is about it. More info on the web site.

DSL will be ok and the dish tv will be ok as well. WE do not watch that much tv at all anyway. it wouldn't matter to us if there was no cable tv. So long as we could just get the news.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hmmmmm It must be because I sent it the slow boat way. The box weighed about 5 or 6 Lbs. Maybe it was too heavy for the post man to lift.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

By the way I just got back from Lincoln City and the weather was awesome. The cobra drive was perfect and I think I need to find some Solarcaine for my sun burn! I will post some pictures after I drink some alcohol for my burn.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

We drove the cobra today, it must have been in the 80's today at the beach.

We found a nice spot on a cliff above the beach in Lincoln City. BTW - on the way to the beach I was asked the same old question"Is it real?" I was in motion and not about to stop as I had two ice cream sandwhiches melting in my cooler in the trunk. I yelled out YES! and kept on driving. I have always told the truth, but thought it would give the guy something to tell his friends about Monday.

This is my car sitting on the edge of the cliff. I was able to keep a close watch of it while eating lunch. A group of guys that were surfing got a kick out of seeing the car.

This little guy came by to have a snack. We stopped by Moes before going to the lunch spot.

Yes the critters in Oregon are friendly.

Last edited by ALLEN ENGLISH; 07-31-2005 at 07:19 PM..
Old 08-01-2005, 12:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wow
You are able to get really close to that little guy.

Around here he would have eaten you alive. Well you know what I mean. They will not let you any where near that close to them here.

I still haven't got it yet. 5 or 6 pounds. Wow. Let me know how much the shipping was and I'll get you a check Allen. I thought it was small stuff that would fit in and envelope. Now I really and excited to get it.

We went to some friends of ours for dinner Saturday and interestingly enough. She is looking at taking a Job in the Southern Washington area. They said that they would like to live in Seaside as well. She said the only reason she hadn't taken it was because they do not know anyone up that way. He is also in our Cobra Club and is a great friend as well. He sold his Cobra just a few months before I sold mine.

Small world isn't it?
Old 08-01-2005, 02:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

4:36pm here in Texas

The maillady just showed up with my package.

Wow I have some reading to do.

I can't thank you enough Allen. I will get a check to you for the shipping. Do I owe you anything else? I have just glanced through the apckage and did not see anything and I am just now about to look at the disk. My wife is on her way in right now to look at them with me. We are all excited.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Allen
The pictures are wonderfull. We like the one you took so many pictures of. Theone where you stood outside and took picture of the insdie of the house .

The second one is the one in Lincoln City. That view is nice.

I would bet that the blue one on the beach by Haystack is out of my budget. Man what a view.