Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2005, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

They are nice places arn't they? As far as what I did for you, no big deal at all. By me a beer if or when you get a place in Oregon. Enjoy the pictures and have fun looking for a place. Maybe some of the real estate agents from the signs I took pictures of can help you find a place?

BTW - I hope the material I sent you will be helpful.

Cheers
Old 08-01-2005, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Allen
This is a wealth of info. I have been glued to it since I opened it up. For the short time we were ther we all miss that place, even the kids.

As for the cold one; your on, for at least one or two.

Thank you
Old 08-02-2005, 08:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

must sleep must sleep

Allen I can't put this stuff down and stop reading it.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

Allen,
I think we've created a monster. Pretty soon he'll be investing in Columbia Sportswear stock, Nike shoes, and raingear.

So, Steve, when should we pick you up at the airport?
Old 08-02-2005, 01:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey how about Eddie Bauer. Itsn't that the big company up there right now?

It is amazing the difference in houseing between here and there. 300k will get you a very nice new home here. 500K will get you @4,500 sq ft on an acre or so. Of coarse there are pocket areas that are adifferent but most are about the same.

There 300 k will get you @17-1800 sq ft. Yea that is ok we really do not need this big of house any longer.

We will find one. It seems as if the realtors up there scoop up on the properties then remarket them. The same goes on here but not on such a large scale.

So far I have not seen a 4 bedroom or a three bedroom with an office for lease. I need an office in the house, if possible. If not I will need to rent a small office somewhere for our business.

Hey Bob,
We located a nice little place in your town. It is really neat. I can get the address and the "google earth" and actually see the neighborhood and the house. The pictures are about four years old but it gives me a great idea of the areas.

Allen,
It looks like your cobra is in your driveway. Check it out, cool

http://desktop.google.com/download/earth/index.html

Last edited by 4RE KLR; 08-02-2005 at 01:49 PM..
Old 08-02-2005, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That's a cool web site - Thanks! That black in the driveway is my wifes Chevy Tracker. Maybe you could invest in Danner Boots?

Soooo, when do you need Bob "Three Peaks" and I to pick you up at the airport?

Remember this little cobra CSX2128.

Some friends and I happened upon it in '04 in Newport, OR. before he decided to sell it. It sold for a stunning $2 Mill + It's another nice little town.

You can see tons more pictures of that car and mine here. plus many pictures of my travels around Oregon.

Cheers
Old 08-03-2005, 03:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

There is an idea.

What a beautiful car. It is inspiring to see those cars in that condition.

We are working on it everyday, 102* here yesterday. 30% chance rain today est high 101* At 11:21 last night it was 82* outside. This morning at 5:38 it was 79*.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

cost of living is 21.67% higher up there.

The scales are a little old but they should be remotely close you think?
Old 08-05-2005, 05:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I found this great link. Have a look at it.

http://www.greattowns.com/oregon.htm
Old 08-06-2005, 05:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

How goes the search?
Old 08-08-2005, 06:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well it is coming along ok.

I have spent some time with our CPA about moving the business' and our tax related issues. Quiet a few changes to be made. I have sent off for some info from the Oregon IRS about moving our business. I need to get new tax numbers in place before we do anything.

I have found out a little about the schools but it seems to be hard since they a getting ready to open for the school year. Mostly all I can find out is from the web.

It appears to be a little more expensive cost of living wise there by about 21.6%. The farther you get away from the caost the better it gets. But that is what you guys have been telling me allready. So I expected that.

We have looked at the literature you sent us Allen and have found a few good prospects. What is great about that is the ones in the papers may have been rented or sold allready, but now we have contacts. I had a someone send us some pictures of a property they wanted to lease but they ones they sent were horrible. The place was in real bad shape. I blew up one of the pictures and got a phone # off the house down the street and we are waiting for some info on that one. It really is too far away from the coast but we are still looking to lease for awhile first.

Interesting thing, you guys will appreciate this. Sunday in church our Pastor was telling a story and the pictures were taken along the Oregon coastline for the backdrop. I have one of the pictures I took in Florance as my desktop. It keeps me motivated.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

whew......

$10,200 for the move with Allied. What did I expect huh? I may be renting me a big trailer. Heck I could buy one for that.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Maybe you should sell off a bunch of stuff then load two U-Hauls and head out west. 10 Grand can buy some nice stuff for the home
Old 08-11-2005, 07:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Steve,

Talk to turk about using Allied as your mover. He is still complaining.

Also I was watching a show on TV last night about Phoenix and they were talking to some teen age girl and she was telling them how great it is, that they can hike, climb mountains and drive a ways and go skiing. Then she said, "Of course we don't have the beaches and ocean, but when the West Coast breaks off we will have those also."

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 08-11-2005, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That is what I told my wife we are going to have a monsterous moving sale. Even though we will not get half of what this stuff cost and it is still very nice furniture. Very nice!

Ron,

I guess she didn't say anything about it being 135* there did she? Knuckleheads.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, 351W,408 STROKER
Not Ranked     
Smile

I think I have a different prospective on your question about the Oregon Coast. I grew up in Portland and I have lived the last 23 years in Seattle. I have a vacation home in Seaside, OR which is just north of Cannon Beach. Seaside is more affordable but I like Cannon Beach also. If you can, spend two weeks in November or December and see how you like the rain before making a major move. The Oregon Coast is better than Washington's hands down. If your interested in renting a house in Seaside, OR, let me know and I'll send you some pictures. rich
Old 08-12-2005, 06:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I sure am interested.

Send them away...

Steve@HighPerformanceMailorder.com

You know I do realize it rains there however it hardly ever rains here. It is hot and dry and dusty and everything is brown unless you spend 500-600 a month on your water bill.

BTW:
We are looking now more in the Seaside area than Cannon Beach. We just can't seem to find what we are looking for in Cannon Beach. That is why I said from the beginning this move would take some time to make happen, unless something just fell in our laps.