Race Car Replicas
Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > RCR (Race Car Replicas)
User Name
Password

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-16-2012, 10:44 AM
CC Member
See My Journal Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Default Is anyone following the RCR Superlite build on Gerz?

If you are and you want to see first hand what the finished product is going to look like and how it performs you might want to come to our little event we call: Fastlane Classic Cars Invitational at Hallett Motorsports Park just west of Tulsa.

Dean Lampe has abandoned his Cobra Roots for one of Fran Halls Superlite super cars. Dean will be here in Tulsa May 31-June 3, 2012 burning up the track and taking on all challengers (I said that not him). If you have ever seen one of Frans speciality cars you wont' be dissappointed in this one. Dean has done a wonderful job building it and you can see where the GERZ show should up.

You are welcome to come and join us as a spectator or participate if you like. Admission is Free to spectators all four days, so bring the family and take a look at some of the cars we will have at the Fastlane Classic Cars Invitational. If you see one you like you might be able to talk the owner into giving you a ride on the track at our noon break. We will we have Cobra's, GT 40's, Daytona Coupes, Corvettes, Porsche', Lotus, Series One, GTR and more for you to watch and compare. Who knows you might find your next project here?

Clois Harlan
www.fastlaneclassiccars.net

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 05-16-2012, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: FFR Mk III 427w, dual quads

Thanks for the invite, but it's a bit of a drive for me. Yes, I've been following the build on Gearz (I have the series DVR'd). Looks very well engineered, especially for the money to get into it.

Any idea how it compares against a Factory Five GTM?

That would be an interesting showdown...

Thanks,
Will
Old 05-16-2012, 02:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: 1989 KCC from South Africa Right Hand Drive

So what's the link to follow?....
Old 05-16-2012, 02:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default Slc

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillisT View Post
Thanks for the invite, but it's a bit of a drive for me. Yes, I've been following the build on Gearz (I have the series DVR'd). Looks very well engineered, especially for the money to get into it.

Any idea how it compares against a Factory Five GTM?

That would be an interesting showdown...

Thanks,
Will
The SLC is way more sophisticated from a mechanical standpoint than the Factory Five offering. It has light weight, torsional stiffness, and some real engineering going for it (my opinion) If I were 10 years younger I would build one for myself. My only issue with these cars is that they should spend the bucks and hire a first rate professional to style the body work so that proportions look right etc. It looks disturbingly like the France family design for a Daytona prototype.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!

Your right about the two cars. There is a difference between them, both cool cars just different. (how's that for politically correct!) The SLC is a very well engineered car. The green one won the NASA super Unlimited national championships last year. That car is the same car you can buy from RCR/Superlite cars all day long. As for the looks, I guess everyone has an opinion but saying something I own looks "French" is like insulting my mom!

It would be great to see some of you come out and play with us. It's a private event so you will get a lot more track time because there are fewer cars. You might even get a few laps to yourself late in the day!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

If I could afford it, I would build a Superlite. I like the styling, the engineering is incredible. the way the door opens makes getting in and out a snap, cockpit comfort is great, as is visibility.

i wish I was able to come play!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default Not French

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlampe View Post
Your right about the two cars. There is a difference between them, both cool cars just different. (how's that for politically correct!) The SLC is a very well engineered car. The green one won the NASA super Unlimited national championships last year. That car is the same car you can buy from RCR/Superlite cars all day long. As for the looks, I guess everyone has an opinion but saying something I own looks "French" is like insulting my mom!

It would be great to see some of you come out and play with us. It's a private event so you will get a lot more track time because there are fewer cars. You might even get a few laps to yourself late in the day!

I guess you don't follow Sports car racing, the Daytona Prototypes were initially designed with a very tall green house because one of the members of the Bill France (NASCAR) family was tall and couldn't fit well into a sports car with a low green house. There were so many complaints about the appearance that they have now allowed a more proportional appearance for these cars this year. PS Green House means the area above the belt line.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!

Cobra #3170

No, I don't watch a lot of TV of any kind. I would like to but I just never have the time. Seems like I always have a project that takes me to the shop.

The word play does make me laugh a little!

Again, I appreciate you comments about the SLC engineering, it is going to be fun running laps around the track.

The great thing about what Clois has put together is that it gives us an opportunity to drive our cars fast or as fast as you want in a controlled environment. You never have to worry about someone in a beat up street racer bumping into you on the track. Everyone there is has a nice car and doesn't want to scratch the paint. You can drive as fast or as slow as you like. It's just fun to play on the track and learn what your car is capable of. It will make you a much better driver just knowing what your limits are. If you have any questions about the event or if your still on the fence, give me or Clois a call.

Hope to see you there.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:39 AM
CC Member
See My Journal Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan

I have never driven or ridden in one of the GTM cars but I like the styling a lot as I do the Superlite. I got to drive one of the first Superlites about 3 years ago in St. Louis at Gateway and was blown away with the handling. That being said I also had the opportunity to drive a well built and powered RCR GT40 and it handled quite well too!

It's all about choice , ego, and how deep your pockets are. Mine are turned inside out these days.

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: