Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Scratch Builders Forum (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/scratch-builders-forum/)
-   -   i'm going to start manufacturing of bodyshell, but slabside or fia ? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/scratch-builders-forum/79118-im-going-start-manufacturing-bodyshell-but-slabside-fia.html)

Buzz 02-16-2009 10:42 AM

Ozgur, take a look at the taper of the front fender line going into this 289's headlight area for comparison(pic cribbed from Yetiman's gallery)

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...0-4011_IMG.jpg

Buzz 02-17-2009 04:58 AM

Ozgur, I sincerely hope you were not offended by my feedback about the headlight area. Its just a small detail I noticed, and in the interest of seeing your incredible work turn out perfect, I just thought I would mention it.:)

Ozgur_Tan 02-17-2009 08:22 AM

no... no...
as you may know i live in other side of the pond; istanbul
sometimes time difference effect my replies; although i sleep less than most
i've re-studied that area;
from my archive approx. 1500 pictures of csx2???'s
3D models
some period cars had more flatter in that area
outside diameter of headlamp assembly matting surface is correct
this area look flatter from some picture shooting angles
regards
ozgur

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 921841)
Ozgur, I sincerely hope you were not offended by my feedback about the headlight area. Its just a small detail I noticed, and in the interest of seeing your incredible work turn out perfect, I just thought I would mention it.:)

Buzz 02-17-2009 08:34 AM

Thats great, Oz. Looking forward to the next steps and more photos.

bomelia 02-21-2009 11:38 AM

Nice Job!

I have read through this thread. A lot of the pics are missing... and I am unsure of some things. First, was a diecast model scanned as the "source" for the design?

As I said, the pics are missing... was the buck made from scaled up values? How are the validated? And, was the buck layer after layer built of plywood sheets (profiled)? (with spaces between them)

How was it "skinned"?

Hope my questions are not too ignorant.

Mike

Ozgur_Tan 02-21-2009 11:52 AM

optical scanned 3d math data used only for cross-check purpose with my 3d model that i made from scratch using wings3d and rhinoceros3d

i've use original vehicle's critical dimensions for orientation and refining of 3d model

i've used CNC for cutting sections (-20mm offset from reference surface) from plywood with 20mm thickness

covering of sections with plywood strips

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomelia (Post 923126)
Nice Job!

I have read through this thread. A lot of the pics are missing... and I am unsure of some things. First, was a diecast model scanned as the "source" for the design?

As I said, the pics are missing... was the buck made from scaled up values? How are the validated? And, was the buck layer after layer built of plywood sheets (profiled)? (with spaces between them)

How was it "skinned"?

Hope my questions are not too ignorant.

Mike

bomelia 02-21-2009 12:05 PM

Thanks Oz, is there a website that documents the process? (other than this thread)

The 5 axis machine, which one?

Mike

Ozgur_Tan 02-21-2009 05:09 PM

this is the only forum that i've sent posts about my pet project, although i've got a lot of pictures

my initial plan to use one of small 5 axis (about 6 meters [19.7 ft] length, x axis) CNC milling equipment that we've used for regular automotive projects, but i've decide to use 2 axis CNC only to cut sections

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomelia (Post 923131)
Thanks Oz, is there a website that documents the process? (other than this thread)

The 5 axis machine, which one?

Mike

bomelia 02-23-2009 05:52 AM

Hey Oz,

Any ideas why so many of your pics have disappeared from the site? Was wanting to see the buck slices assemble before and after skinning. And pic of the 2 axis CNC machine.

Mike

Ozgur_Tan 02-24-2009 01:43 PM

sorry for late reply
because, i'm working on mould and powertrain

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_V7qa_5pfXNo/Sa...0/260-buck.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomelia (Post 923502)
Hey Oz,

Any ideas why so many of your pics have disappeared from the site? Was wanting to see the buck slices assemble before and after skinning. And pic of the 2 axis CNC machine.

Mike

hi-tech cobra 02-24-2009 04:56 PM

You are doing a great job and you use the RIGHT computer!!!

bomelia 02-25-2009 04:14 PM

Oz, how did you "skin" it?

I look at that and think you don't need a 2-axis cnc (though one is nice). Just a way to print full size blue prints and lots of jig saw blades (or a bandsaw with an enlarged table).

I am interested in doing this... just looking for advice.

I've seen some 3d models (suggested in this forum) for the 427.

Ozgur_Tan 02-25-2009 11:25 PM

i still feel more independent when using my GNU/Linux boxes, but OSX is also OK. i've to run rhinoceros3d under wine in GNU/linux, but irhino3d (work in progress version) run as native application in OSX.
another reason for me to use OSX is iSync that works flawlessly with my Nokia E90 Communicator (iphone is not capable for my use)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi-tech cobra (Post 923982)
You are doing a great job and you use the RIGHT computer!!!

Ozgur_Tan 02-26-2009 12:01 AM

all sections are -20mm offset from reference surface
cover with 20mm thickness and 40mm with strips

i've sent 3d 427 bodyshell model and sections to couple of members of this great forum.
if you would like to get, please send me your email

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomelia (Post 924323)

I look at that and think you don't need a 2-axis cnc (though one is nice). Just a way to print full size blue prints and lots of jig saw blades (or a bandsaw with an enlarged table).

jberg 02-26-2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomelia (Post 924323)

I start from 3D-model an then I use that "blue prints jig saw" method as you mentioned abowe. I fix two plywood together and saw lef/right part at the same time because those are mirror of each other. That way I save a litle bit of time and needed plywood size was not so large (easier to handle).

But I have to say that Ozqur method is much better and I don't know is there much difference in prize affter all if you use some company to made those bye CNC machine.

Jay Little 02-26-2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozgur_Tan (Post 924432)

i've sent 3d 427 bodyshell model and sections to couple of members of this great forum.

Oz, I curious if you have done bodyshell model and sections of the slabside its self?

Ozgur_Tan 02-26-2009 07:26 AM

Yes, I do using wings3d and rhinoceros3d
Please find attached screenshot that i've put 2.5 years ago to my gallery.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...d-289fia-1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Little (Post 924498)
Oz, I curious if you have done bodyshell model and sections of the slabside its self?

bomelia 02-26-2009 02:15 PM

Absolutely! Would love the 427 3d model! Thanks... !!!!!!! slackkeymike@comcast.net

What s/w to view?

Do you have a picture of the finished buck before you started to lay down any glass (on your current project)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozgur_Tan (Post 924432)

Ozgur_Tan 02-26-2009 02:51 PM

i've sent 3d model of 427 via e-mail

AutoCAD DXF, DWG and SolidWorks free viewer
http://www.edrawingsviewer.com/

i'll post requested picture soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomelia (Post 924624)
Absolutely! Would love the 427 3d model! Thanks... !!!!!!! slackkeymike@comcast.net

What s/w to view?

Do you have a picture of the finished buck before you started to lay down any glass (on your current project)?

Jay Little 02-27-2009 06:15 AM

Ozgur_Tan; PM sent!